Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-13-2003, 05:31 PM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs vs. Rockets GAMEDAY!!!

Well, again, no one is starting this, so I will do so. Afterall, the last time I started this, we almost won by 30!

Home AGAIN means good things for us...

Mavs 116
Rockets 105
Old 11-13-2003, 05:34 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Mavs vs. Rockets GAMEDAY!!!

Quote:
Well, again, no one is starting this, so I will do so.
We were waiting for you to do it. Nah, you can start it whenever you feel like doing it.

My usually very inaccurate prediction:

110-90

Old 11-13-2003, 05:34 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The ape will be in the HOUSE. Painted-up and drinkin BOOZE.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:34 PM   #4
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

every time I think the game will be reasonably close, it ends up being a blowout.
Mavs 108-100

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:36 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The Mavs are unstoppable at home. It's time for a good ol' fasioned ass whoopin
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:14 PM   #6
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

103-98 Mavs
Old 11-13-2003, 06:22 PM   #7
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default RE:Mavs vs. Rockets GAMEDAY!!!

Houston will have to work to top 80 points against the Mavericks' zone. Yao & Cato aren't mobile enough to guard the Mavs crew of PF/Cs.

Mavs 111
Rocket 79
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:24 PM   #8
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Mavs 135 Rockets 110

People think the Mavs have had an easy schedule... the Rockets had the easy schedule. While the Mavs had played 5 of 7 of their opening games on the road... the rockets played only 6 games and 4 of them were at home. And the teams they played Stink!
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:38 PM   #9
sbjensen

sbjensen will become famous soon enough

Mavs 94, Rockets 89
Old 11-13-2003, 06:40 PM   #10
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

We are gonna bring the rockets back down to earth (no pun intended). Last time I was conservative predicting 111 points for the mavs, and it worked, so I'll predict...... hmmm, Dallas 109-Houston 89
Old 11-13-2003, 06:43 PM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Dallas 115
Rockets 93

Old 11-13-2003, 07:18 PM   #12
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Mavs 105 - Houston - 94

I hate predicting things though.
So don't laugh at me if i'm horribly wrong.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 07:22 PM   #13
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
Mavs 105 - Houston - 94

I hate predicting things though.
So don't laugh at me if i'm horribly wrong.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
So does this mean it's OK to laugh at you just as long at you're not horribly wrong? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 07:22 PM   #14
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Forget predictions, the Mavs will win if they can:

A)out-rebound the rocks
B)have a higher FG% than the rocks
C)get to the free throw line more than 5 times
D)don't allow players like Jim Jackson and Moochie Norris to light us up for 20+
Simple as that.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:24 PM   #15
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lose, 102-89.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:26 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

Quote:
C)get to the free throw line more than 5 times
Yikes!!!! No body deserves to win a game if you can't get to the line more than that. I think that we will need a lot more than just 6 trips though Rod. Say at least 15 excursions to the charity stripe and hopefully more than 20.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:30 PM   #17
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Why does it always seem like a funeral is taking place on the TNT set whenever the Mavs are playing? And why does BArkley have a personal vendetta against the Mavs?
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
Old 11-13-2003, 07:35 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

DAL 99
HOU 96
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 07:35 PM   #19
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

Ahh..........this is going to be more interesting then anyone thinks..........

The Rockets are finally winning and the Rockets players are now finally buying into Van Gundy's concept of team ball and defense. Now they have one of the best defense's in the league currently. I should know, I was at the Rockets/Nets game a week back as they took over the game with there Van Gundy-like defense. In fact, if it wasnt for some foul calls commited by the Rocket bench players, the Nets would have ended up scoring only 66 points that night.

I am convinced that Van Gundy's message has already hit them up side there asses. And Defense wins championships.

For the Mavs, they have one of the best offenses in the league............on paper that is. If we can finally get some chemistry and consistency at it, then we will have the best offense in the league.

But for now, with our lack of clean solid chemistry and consistency, coupled with a youg defensive minded team with a chip on its shoulder walking in......................I will probably get lynched for this but......

Rockets....96
Mavs........87

On the defensive side of the ball, the Rockets will get in the Mavs faces tonight and probably cause disruption to a Mav ballclub that has yet to show consistent chemistry offensively. Also, Yao has been pretty scary of late and I feel tonight, you guys will really miss Raef's presence for Yao will probably dominate in the paint as he has done so far this season. He made Zo' his beeyatch at the Nets game by dunking on him on a couple occasions and scoring jumpers. Plus Cato is finally earning his money too and the Mavs have no one his (fat ass) size to match with him. So with these two giants throwing there weight and height around, it could be a long night...........

Hopefully I'm wrong...........but I feel this will be the "Van Gundy Defense era" Rockets coming out party tonight.

We shall see.........Good Luck
Old 11-13-2003, 07:38 PM   #20
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Hmm Fortson starting. Interesting.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:38 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
Why does it always seem like a funeral is taking place on the TNT set whenever the Mavs are playing? And why does BArkley have a personal vendetta against the Mavs?

Barkley can suck my
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 07:46 PM   #22
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

As of this moment, 9:24 left in the 1st quarter, Dirk is simultaneously the rockets and Mavs best players.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:47 PM   #23
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

fortson gets the start...done well so far
Old 11-13-2003, 07:49 PM   #24
Jamisonite
Golden Member

great d by dirk to stop the fast break...then and 1...hes goin off
Old 11-13-2003, 07:49 PM   #25
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Interesting "break" there by Houston. And good turnaround by the Mavs, even w/Dirk missing the FT.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:50 PM   #26
Jamisonite
Golden Member

ah fin...airball on the 3...he has got to get his shit together
Old 11-13-2003, 07:52 PM   #27
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Late DALLAs fans may have just cost me my game prediction. Imagine if they had been theire with Dirk's start.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:54 PM   #28
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I love this. Anyone JJ guards is a mismatch. Bradley is in!
Old 11-13-2003, 07:54 PM   #29
Jamisonite
Golden Member

i dont know about that...i seriously doubt we score 135 though
Old 11-13-2003, 07:54 PM   #30
DrtyFlthyNasty

DrtyFlthyNasty is on a distinguished road

keep feeding dirk.. antoine stop shooting threes...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
"I know what I can do,'' Van Exel said. "I'm not really worried about what other people say, that I'm just a scorer or a ballhog or whatever. I know when I need to score, and I definitely know how to make players better.'' - Nick Van Exel

"The ROC handle like Van Exel,
I shake phoneys man, You can't get next to.."

-Jayz
DrtyFlthyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 07:58 PM   #31
ames7
Diamond Member

Ooh, good D on Yao there. Jamison on deck.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:58 PM   #32
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Hate to see Fin shooting like thsi...get it together Dawg !!
Old 11-13-2003, 07:59 PM   #33
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Does Bradley do anything except foul and stand around?
Old 11-13-2003, 07:59 PM   #34
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
i dont know about that...i seriously doubt we score 135 though
You underestimate these players and Don Nelson's offensive genius. The MAvs have scored 125 or more points in 2 of 3 home games and they were not a fluke.

Old 11-13-2003, 08:01 PM   #35
Jamisonite
Golden Member

JAMISONS IN..
Old 11-13-2003, 08:03 PM   #36
Jamisonite
Golden Member

i really love how jamison and walker work on the boards
Old 11-13-2003, 08:03 PM   #37
ames7
Diamond Member

Awesome hustle by Fin. Too bad we didn't get anything by it.

Jackson's hot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 08:03 PM   #38
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
i really love how jamison and walker work on the boards
ME TOO
Old 11-13-2003, 08:05 PM   #39
Jamisonite
Golden Member

it seems to me like we are treating jamison like hes najera...hes just sitting on the blocks:-/
Old 11-13-2003, 08:07 PM   #40
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Jamison needs to take more shots. Does Walker shoot at all?