Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-21-2003, 12:03 AM   #241
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< Didn't the Kings play Bibby and Jackson at the same time in the playoffs last year and out-play the Mavs? >>

A linep of Bibby Jackson, Christie, Webber and Divac would not be a small ball loineup in my eyes. Why? Because Bobby Jackson is the anti-NVE. He actually plays defense. He is much more consistent. And of course Christie stays on the floor constantly.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2003, 12:03 AM   #242
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<<

<<
Nick seemed like a cba player tonight, I kept wishing we had traded him.
>>

Why did you have to finish your post with this?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I was just enjoying it till it ended with this. Unfortunately there will be thousands of these on the board tommorow so I guess you just prepared me for it.
>>

There was some talk on the telecast about how NVE had trouble staying focused on the game. He didn't know if he should be packing to leave or getting ready to play SA because of all the rumors.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 12:04 AM   #243
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Sorry ffm.. ;^) But when he came in we just didn't play well at all. His line is horrible as well, but he DID get a couple of hustle rebounds...

The man of the game in my mind was finley. Really hustled on defense, took really good shots and .......got 8 rebounds!! A huge part of the mavs outrebounding the spurs by 10. Huge game in my mind for fin.
>>

You know what out of all this chaos I have forgotten to give props to a couple of players. Dirk, Nash, Finley, Bradley, Lafrentz, and Bell. They played there ass off. You know what I can't even leave anyone out. This whole team played great tonight. Everyone did little things to contribute to us. I give everyone game ball tonight. Nash is what won us this game though.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 12:06 AM   #244
David
Golden Member

<<

<< Didn't the Kings play Bibby and Jackson at the same time in the playoffs last year and out-play the Mavs? >>

A linep of Bibby Jackson, Christie, Webber and Divac would not be a small ball loineup in my eyes. Why? Because Bobby Jackson is the anti-NVE. He actually plays defense. He is much more consistent. And of course Christie stays on the floor constantly.
>>

That's a 3 guard lineup.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:06 AM   #245
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<<

<<
>>

Why did you have to finish your post with this?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I was just enjoying it till it ended with this. Unfortunately there will be thousands of these on the board tommorow so I guess you just prepared me for it.
>>

There was some talk on the telecast about how NVE had trouble staying focused on the game. He didn't know if he should be packing to leave or getting ready to play SA because of all the rumors.
>>

Makes sense. If I knew every fan wanted me out of town I would've packed too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
Old 02-21-2003, 12:09 AM   #246
David
Golden Member

<<

<<

<< I bet the plus-minus is -10 when NVE is on the court tonight. >>

What is the source of this stat?
>>

frustration and a tad bit of imagination and humor?
>>

Made up statistics to enhance ye olde agenda.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:17 AM   #247
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<<

<<

<<
>>

>>

>>

Well I think he chose to pack. ;^)
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 12:29 AM   #248
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

<<

<<

<<

<<
>>

>>

>>

Makes sense. If I knew every fan wanted me out of town I would've packed too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
>>

FFM i see ur getting frustrated also with all the hating on Nellie and Nick.. I just gave it up but pop up out of nowhere sometimes to tell some of the people on the board certain things they arent looking at. And if Nellie sucks so bad why do we have the best record in the league?!
You guys have to realize, nellie goes with the BIG GUNS in crunch time. Nick has already proved he is CLUTCH and the big 3..well they are the BIG 3. Nellie will either win or lose with the Lineup he feels has the best chance for the W. THere is a reason he is the coach of this talented bunch...
Old 02-21-2003, 12:39 AM   #249
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Yes it's getting a bit frustrating. Everyone intitled to there own opinion but I was just shocked at so many negative posts on this board. I don't think people get that Nick is no scrub. He is going to get his pt. Nash got 42 tonight. When players who derserve minutes don't get them that is how you build up a cancer. Someone who will destroy team chemistry. Mavs are too far along to let that stop them. I think before we judge Nellie we should look at it from his point of view rather than the &quot;It's that time again where we bash Nellie for not playing D&quot;. Well Mavs fans can't bash him for not letting our players play D tonight so what do Mavs fans do? We bash Nellie for not playing Raja and Bradley. If we would've played Raja and Bradley? Still would get the same posts. This wouldn't be a Mavs board without a Nellie bash.

1996-2005
Old 02-21-2003, 04:18 AM   #250
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Yes it's getting a bit frustrating. Everyone intitled to there own opinion but I was just shocked at so many negative posts on this board. I don't think people get that Nick is no scrub. He is going to get his pt. Nash got 42 tonight. When players who derserve minutes don't get them that is how you build up a cancer. Someone who will destroy team chemistry. Mavs are too far along to let that stop them. I think before we judge Nellie we should look at it from his point of view rather than the &quot;It's that time again where we bash Nellie for not playing D&quot;. Well Mavs fans can't bash him for not letting our players play D tonight so what do Mavs fans do? We bash Nellie for not playing Raja and Bradley. If we would've played Raja and Bradley? Still would get the same posts. This wouldn't be a Mavs board without a Nellie bash. >>

exactly. well put..
Old 02-21-2003, 09:44 AM   #251
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I've got to agee with this. The best record in the league, we just beat our division rivals, and almost everybody still seems unhappy.

I find it amazing that people just complain without seeming to think things through. Yes,
Bradley played well, but who would he have guarded at the end of the game?

Remember, Duncan was out. Robinson is injured. Willis wasn't playing.

What do people think? Bradley can play Tony Parker?

It makes some sense to want Bell in to play Parker. But the people who are complaining that Bradley wasn't in at the end are only exhibiting their own negative attitude.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 10:35 AM   #252
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

everyone was making Raef look bad, SeriousSummer.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote