Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-18-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

...drum roll please
i'm ready for another classic duncan vs dirk matchup
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2003, 10:47 PM   #2
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

umm.......Murph isnt it a little bit too early for predictions? I dont want another lose because we started early.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:52 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i didn't ask for any predictions
besides, it's not like it's bad luck to talk about the game now
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:02 PM   #4
centrlpark08

I say the factor of this game will be based on rebounding and those three's. Thats what both teams should be working on right now.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:31 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< umm.......Murph isnt it a little bit too early for predictions? I dont want another lose because we started early. >>

SAC, SA and LA are exceptions to the rule.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:35 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

This should be a little more even than the last game. We &gt;really&lt; missed Dirk the previous game.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:55 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I think this will be a big test of Nellie and this team to see if we can get up for an important game. SA is our main rival for the Midwest Division and we need to take this game if we mean to hold on to our division lead. If we come out to start the came like we did the last 2 against the Kings I will be very disappointed.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:35 AM   #8
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

Well the Spurs are without Robinson so it´s a must win. If Duncan alone can beat the MAVS i´m losing my confidence.
Who from the Spurs team will defend Dirk. Willis-that will be great, Bowen-not a good idea either, or do you mean it will be Duncan?
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 07:57 AM   #9
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

im sorry to say this but as i see it,if we lose this game,dont matter if its by 3 or 30,i doubt if we have a legitimate chance at the title.
we should have no excuse losing this one.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 10:16 AM   #10
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Phew!! For a moment I thought this is a premature prediction thread! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Has anyone wondered how would the trade deadline impact this game? If the Mavs make a move, that would mean the team will be short-handed at the Spurs' game, just like last year's trade day game against Boston.
If we make a major move and we lose this one I say no big deal.
Julius: With or without Robinson we should be able to beat this team. Afterall Robinson is just a better version of Bradley. Seriously.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 04:42 PM   #11
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Dirk is questionable. I hope he can play, and show the world that he deserves to be in the same sentence as Duncan and Kobe. After all Kobe has had 10 straight 35+ games including a 53 point explosion. He is shooting about 50% clip. Duncan has been mad, Beating 8 consecutive road opponents including at indiana, at La and at Sacramento.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 06:00 PM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

what happened to my big homie Dirk last night? His numbers seemed a little odd
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:20 PM   #13
centrlpark08

I hope that if the mavs make a move then so will the spurs. If its a big deal for both teams i say the mavshave enough fire power to get the job done.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:59 PM   #14
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Perhaps Dirks ankle is the result of a jinx. I am sure everybody is aware of this ( its like trying to ignore a 5 ton elephant sitting in the middle of your living room).

I am just as guilty of this as the others. From now on I will respect the game day thread and not tempt the powers that be.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:07 PM   #15
centrlpark08

Now that you said jinx, the last two losts have came when someone started predictions a little early. We didnt make predictions on this one but we did talk about dirk alot and in result? Well dirk is now questionable for tommorows game. Ughhh.........From this day forward i will not post on any game threads 3 hours before the game and i knew something was wrong last night when someone started this post. Anyways hope everyone is aware now.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:27 PM   #16
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

wow. just a few hours till gametime, and the gamethread for the &quot;most important game so far&quot; is on the second page. Only on trade day.

With all teammates safely here for the remainder of the season, all mavs play with confidence. Dirk gets 20 min on his ankle.

Mavs win 104-97.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 03:32 PM   #17
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

101-99 Mavs
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 03:33 PM   #18
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

DIRK'S NIGHT!!!!
THE ANKLE IS OK!!!
DIRK 27P, 13R
FIN 20P
NASH17P, 7A
Old 02-20-2003, 03:35 PM   #19
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Mavs 105
Spurs 97
Old 02-20-2003, 03:39 PM   #20
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

I just realized I can watch this game on fox sports sw; in Austin they show all the spurs games...so gross...

Mavs 99
Spurs 98

turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 03:44 PM   #21
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Mavs win in a blowout baby. Mark my words. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2003, 03:55 PM   #22
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Mmm...this is a hard one. 1.) Dirk is (probably) out, 2.) Trio of Death team so automatic mental block, 3.) UnderdogBall is alive &amp; well. Plus, this fact about the last time we played them:

<< A game that featured Don Nelson starting Nick Van Exel with Steve Nash in the back court for the only time this season. >>

Argh. What do you want to bet Nellie didn't learn his lesson? Let me put this in terms you can understand: SmallBall = Demise of Mavs.

Close, but we'll pull it through. If Eddie starts for Dirk, even better. 111-106 Mavs.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:03 PM   #23
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

If Dirk doesn't play: Spurs win 105-91.
If Dirk plays: Spurs win 103-93.

I have watched their last few games and they look extremely confident. I am impressed with Jackson and Parker....We tend to struggle with quick point guards...

However, as well as the Spurs are playing, I think we beat ourselves. That is how we lost against Sacramento both times. One of the big three will stink it up so much that the other two can't make up difference.

If anyone flubs, it will be Finley...somehow he has bad games against SA.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:04 PM   #24
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

MAVS BEAT SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!
103 x 99!!!!
DIRK'S NIGHT!!!!27P, 13R!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2003, 04:11 PM   #25
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

<< If anyone flubs, it will be Finley...somehow he has bad games against SA. >>

Are you sure? He was the one who carried us when we played without Dirk last time.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:29 PM   #26
LRB
Guru

bump
Old 02-20-2003, 06:38 PM   #27
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Good or bad ankle, Dirk will probably not play:

http://212.190.116.226/news.php?5Sv2rcbw

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 06:40 PM   #28
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< Good or bad ankle, Dirk will probably not play:

>>

That is cute. Please don't let anyone take that link seriously.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 06:49 PM   #29
LRB
Guru

>>

I'm sure Cubes has never been drunk enough in his life to make the deal in this fake link. But I know the talk radio hosts would love it. No worries about new topics for a loooooong time.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:49 PM   #30
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm...Mavs 108 Spurs 95. Immunity at stake here (inside joke).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2003, 07:01 PM   #31
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

<<

>>

That is cute. Please don't let anyone take that link seriously.
>>

The one I got was even easier, it had Shaq going to Indiana for B. Miller, A. Crosheer and R. Mercer. If Kobe had read that story he might have jumped for joy and REALLY injured his knee.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 07:12 PM   #32
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think I will go back on my streak of predicting Mavs games. I decided to stop predicting because we lost 2 or 3 games but it has gotten worser since then. So since I was predicting when we were on our 14-0 skunk I thought I would come through for Mavs fans.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

102-99 Mavs

Dirk and Fin combine for over 50 points.

Nash and Nick combine for over 12 assists.

Najera comes through HUGE for us.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:08 PM   #33
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Dirk is in the warm-ups...maybe he's giving it a shot?
Old 02-20-2003, 08:12 PM   #34
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

<< Dirk is in the warm-ups...maybe he's giving it a shot? >>

Yeah Pinto &amp; Harper have already announced that Dirk will play. Nellie said in the pregame that it was just a minor sprain and he should be ok during the game tonight, given that he doesn't step on someone elses foot of course lol.
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:12 PM   #35
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

No reason for the prediction, pure guess
Mavs 102
Spurs 96

Is everyone in uniform for this game?
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:18 PM   #36
ames7
Diamond Member

I'm so excited about actually getting to see this game.......I'm already annoyed by the SA announcers.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:24 PM   #37
Chiwas
Guru

Mavs look confident.

Bradley is scareless against Duncan.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:26 PM   #38
Chiwas
Guru

&quot;scareless&quot;, a new word.

This is OUR game.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:27 PM   #39
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

ames, haha , you're not the only one. they are annoying the crap out of me.

Shawn Bradley came to play today.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:27 PM   #40
Chiwas
Guru

15-6.