Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-12-2009, 01:34 AM   #1921
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched 'traitor' on netflix.com. Not a bad movie, except for all the moral equivalence garbage, though, that in the end turns out not to be. Don Cheadle is still one of my favorites, though.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #1922
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I re-watched Pineapple Express on Starz HD last night. That movie could have been so funny if they tried even a little with that plot. The first 20 minutes are great and then it turns into a festering bowl of dog snot after that.

Note to self- Never put Rosie Perez in a movie. Ever. Not even as a joke.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #1923
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
no doubt. worst thing about "white men can't jump" (aside from snipes' basketball skills)
Old 07-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #1924
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I re-watched Pineapple Express on Starz HD last night. That movie could have been so funny if they tried even a little with that plot. The first 20 minutes are great and then it turns into a festering bowl of dog snot after that.

After i bought the movie, i only watch it with the audio commentary. All the Seth Rogen movies have funny commentary.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #1925
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
There's no way any season ranks below season 2. Season 2 is the black sheep of the series by a long shot in my mind.
man it's right up there for me. i thought it was an excellent way to carry over. definitely changed things up.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #1926
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Just watched bruno and the material in it was nothing compared to borat.

Just a heads up that it may be super awkward watching it with a girlfriend or even your wife.

It will be the fluffiest of all the fluff.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:04 PM   #1927
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LINK
Jackie Chan, Jaden Smith start 'Karate Kid' remake

By MIN LEE
AP Entertainment Writer
BEIJING — Jackie Chan will play the wise kung-fu master in a Hollywood-Chinese remake of the 1984 hit "The Karate Kid" that kicked off filming in the Chinese capital at the weekend, a movie company publicist said Monday.

Chan's young disciple in "Kung Fu Kid" will be played by Jaden Smith, the son of Hollywood superstars Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, China Film Group spokesman Weng Li told The Associated Press in a phone interview.

In "The Karate Kid," Pat Morita plays the iconic building handyman Mr. Miyagi who trains one of his young tenants, portrayed by Ralph Macchio, into an accomplished fighter.

The co-production between the state-run China Film Group and Columbia Pictures started shooting Saturday in Beijing, Weng said.

"Kung Fu Kid" is being directed by Harald Zwart, who also directed "One Night at McCool's" and "The Pink Panther 2," Solon So, the chief executive of Chan's company, JC Group, told the AP.

Chan and Smith, along with Smith's parents and sister Willow, attended a traditional Chinese ceremony to mark the start of the shoot Saturday. Photos on China Film Group's movie news Web site show the Smith family and Chan holding incense sticks.

Will Smith — one of the film's producers — Chan, Zwart and others symbolically removed a piece of red cloth covering a movie camera, after which Smith gave Chan a hug, according to video posted on Chinese news Web site Sina.com. His hair done in a huge Afro and wearing a bright red track jacket and blue pants, Jaden Smith stood and waved when he was introduced. His father ruffled his hair when he sat down.

Chan said on his Web site he also attended the younger Smith's 11th birthday party last Wednesday, where he and Will Smith posed for pictures with young performers wearing red and yellow costumes with dragon patterns.

Ken Stovitz, one of Will Smith's partners in the production company Overbrook Entertainment, said at the ceremony Saturday that "Kung Fu Kid" will be set in modern-day Beijing. China Film Group chairman Han Sanping said shooting will last three months.

Chan juggles careers in Hollywood and Chinese-language film. The veteran 55-year-old Hong Kong action star will be seen in the upcoming the Hollywood action comedy "The Spy Next Door," about an undercover Chinese spy whose cover is blown, and the Chinese production, "Big Soldier," about the friendship between two soldiers set in China's ancient Qin dynasty.

Jaden Smith costarred with his father in the 2006 movie "The Pursuit of Happyness" and appeared in the 2008 Keanu Reeves sci-fi movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still."
Kung Fu Kid? ...don't screw this epic movie series up Jackie...(minus the The Next Karate Kid starring that worthless chick)

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 07-13-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: format
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #1928
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

epic movie series? I choose to only remember the original.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #1929
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

^ Good point. Other than the Crane and Wax On/Wax Off, I can't really remember anything about the movies...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 07-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #1930
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Why do they have to remake every movie ever made?

Seriously, 20 years from now they are going to remake Battlefield Earth.

Here is a darling of an idea....come up with something original.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #1931
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

a remake? uh oh, there is fear in this dojo, sensei.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #1932
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
$$$

Old 07-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #1933
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
That one at least makes some sense. They should have remade it before they released it the first time.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #1934
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

put him in a body bag, Johnny!
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #1935
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

How many of you fellas are going to takes your wife/girlfriend to see "Julie and Julia"?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 07-19-2009 at 03:52 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #1936
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I saw "Moon" last night. It was amazing. Sam Rockwell is criminally underrated.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #1937
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
Just watched bruno and the material in it was nothing compared to borat.

Just a heads up that it may be super awkward watching it with a girlfriend or even your wife.

It will be the fluffiest of all the fluff.
Bruno sucked
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #1938
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I saw "Moon" last night. It was amazing. Sam Rockwell is criminally underrated.
Just got back from watching it at the Angelika in Plano - great movie!

Sam Rockwell definitely needs to be nominated for his performance(s)... Absolutely brilliant!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-19-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typoez
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #1939
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a trailer for that "Moon" movie a while back and was intrigued. I'm glad to hear you liked it. Will probably be a Netflix selection for us sometime down the line.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #1940
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Bruno sucked
Quite literally, Milli Vanilli!

Public Enemies was quite average by me. A rental.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:45 AM   #1941
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Quite literally, Milli Vanilli!

Public Enemies was quite average by me. A rental.
i agree on public enemies. Severly dissappointing.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:47 AM   #1942
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Here is a darling of an idea....come up with something original.
Some movies remakes are awesome(i submit the Ocean's series) but for the most part the only ones that need to be remade are movies that will be seriously helped with modern technology.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #1943
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I caught "The Happening" late last night. Not that bad, not as bad as I expected at least. Had a Stephen King quality (including the campiness) that I kind of liked.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #1944
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
That one at least makes some sense. They should have remade it before they released it the first time.
underrated line
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #1945
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I got kill bill on bluray and it looks amazing.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #1946
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I caught "The Happening" late last night. Not that bad, not as bad as I expected at least. Had a Stephen King quality (including the campiness) that I kind of liked.
i disagree.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #1947
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

"The Happening" was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #1948
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I was a big Stephen King fan growing up and the movie really had the feel of a Rich Bachman short-story. (campy and kooky folks terrorized by mysterious unseen forces...apocalyptic story where protaganists wind up wondering in the wilderness...etc., etc...) I'm not saying it was the greatest thing ever, just that it was watchable with sufficiently low expectations.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #1949
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It was much more poorly written than any of King's works.. and that's saying alot.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #1950
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
Sherlock Holmes trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4K3aM5H5KM

I'm a little excited, but I'm already getting tired of Robert Downey Jr. again.
Quote:
August 4, 2009 --

GUY Ritchie's plan to put a gay spin on the relationship of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson in his new movie about the detective and his sidekick could backfire.

Robert Downey Jr, who plays Holmes, has revealed the crimebuster will sleep with and have sweaty grappling scenes with Watson, played by Jude Law, in "Sherlock Holmes," due out Christmas Day.
@#%@#$!!! Why???
Way to ruin one of my favorite book characters.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 08-05-2009 at 12:49 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #1951
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well...I don't have anything nice to say about that.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #1952
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
@#%@#$!!! Why???
Way to ruin one of my favorite book characters.
The reports of Sherlock Holmes being gay are complete BS from what I've read... It stems from the fact that Holmes & Watson live in the same one-room apartment and have to share a bed in the movie, which is historically accurate for the times (hell, Abe Lincoln shared a bed with Billy Greene as a youth because he was poor - it's not like they had Mattress Giant back then!)

Plus, you'd have to wonder why they bothered casting Rachel McAdams as a love interest if they were going to take the "gay angle" - it's not like Sherlock Holmes was gay in the books (but he did do cocaine, which wouldn't be much a stretch for RDJ if they included that in the movie!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-05-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #1953
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Hitchcock's "Notorious." Great flick.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #1954
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they used Downey's quotes pretty liberally in that article. He said in his quote that they "shared a bed" which certainly CAN mean that they "sleep together" (which can be ambiguous in its own right) but I very much doubt that it actually does.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #1955
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah. I think they're just messing with people.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #1956
Five-ofan
Guru

watched green lantern first flight on youtube yesterday. If you watch any of the dc cartoon movies its pretty good.

edit- this is the link if you wanna watch it. Itll probably get taken down soon so if you wanna watch it, do it now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRp1nPahA_c

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-05-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #1957
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
watched green lantern first flight on youtube yesterday. If you watch any of the dc cartoon movies its pretty good.
REP THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #1958
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan Reynolds cast in the lead role... good pick.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #1959
fluid.forty.one

I never imagined Watson looking like Jude Law...
Old 08-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #1960
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Ryan Reynolds cast in the lead role... good pick.
i agree. I always think its a little weird when people play multiple superheroes but he should be great.

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?