Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-20-2008, 12:00 AM   #521
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Some people see Howard/Wallace-like trades as a wash...I wouldn't be firmly in that group.
But like I said, the FO gives off the impression to have the death grip on Josh.

I don't even know if Bosh is a legit option for Dallas, even if we had the money. If we're blowing things up and just picks and a young guy with Bosh...is that enough for him? It's not a lock for sure.
With Wallace we get a guy who is will be a slasher and can post up. This is exactly what we need. Plus, I think that Wallace plays alot better defense as well. He would be a better fit as well because he is like a deer and he would thrive with Kidd. I think it is a push strictly by numbers, but it would be a nice upgrade to get a SF who better fits the traditional SF position because he can post up, and is not looking to score from the outside. Now as for Raja, we get back an ex-Mavs player who plays solid defense and can score from the outside as well. Plus, you know we can just about only get ex-Mavs players back to this Mavs team...
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2008, 12:02 AM   #522
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Either way, we need something to develop internally or externally with the SG position.
I will never understand why we traded for Kidd. PG was never our problem. This has been our problem all along from day one. So weird.

I don't know if we so much need an SG anymore though. If we're going to have Kidd hanging around, there's no reason we can't keep Terry playing at SG. It's not a defensive problem anymore, Kidd can handle the big guard defensive assignments that Terry can't.

What we need is someone who can take it to the rack... at ANY position. Anyone, anywhere. Just freakin SOMEBODY. Somebody who could do a little of what Vince Carter and Devin Harris were doing tonight. Or a center with some actual offensive ability.

To me, the SG isn't so much of an issue now, not with Kidd. Terry works fine at SG.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:04 AM   #523
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
With Wallace we get a guy who is will be a slasher and can post up. This is exactly what we need. Plus, I think that Wallace plays alot better defense as well. He would be a better fit as well because he is like a deer and he would thrive with Kidd. I think it is a push strictly by numbers, but it would be a nice upgrade to get a SF who better fits the traditional SF position because he can post up, and is not looking to score from the outside. Now as for Raja, we get back an ex-Mavs player who plays solid defense and can score from the outside as well. Plus, you know we can just about only get ex-Mavs players back to this Mavs team...
I don't know what the logisitics are for Bell, he'd have to be in a 1 for 1 second deal involving Stack...wouldn't he?

Again, I really don't have a problem with getting Wallace. He is more noted for his defense and athleticism. There are some health issues with him, but I think that's one of the few red flags when it comes to him...though it is a significant one.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #524
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
I will never understand why we traded for Kidd. PG was never our problem. This has been our problem all along from day one. So weird.

I don't know if we so much need an SG anymore though. If we're going to have Kidd hanging around, there's no reason we can't keep Terry playing at SG. It's not a defensive problem anymore, Kidd can handle the big guard defensive assignments that Terry can't.

What we need is someone who can take it to the rack... at ANY position. Anyone, anywhere. Just freakin SOMEBODY. Somebody who could do a little of what Vince Carter and Devin Harris were doing tonight. Or a center with some actual offensive ability.

To me, the SG isn't so much of an issue now, not with Kidd. Terry works fine at SG.
Obviously those have been our 2 issues for years: a big and a wing player who can bring that to the table...one of them drastically need to be fixed soon. If they're not going to deal for a wing guy, play Wright and Green more. Like I mentioned before, I have the philosophy of let the guys play out of the slump or learn in real situations. We really need to see what we can get from those guys. If no one is coming to take the spot legitimately, let's let those guys loose and see what we've got.

I think it's too much to ask from Kidd to run the show if we're running and then have to guard the main scoring guard for the other team, but that's just my opinion.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:16 AM   #525
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post

Obviously those have been our 2 issues for years: a big and a wing player who can bring that to the table...one of them drastically need to be fixed soon. If they're not going to deal for a wing guy, play Wright and Green more. Like I mentioned before, I have the philosophy of let the guys play out of the slump or learn in real situations. We really need to see what we can get from those guys. If no one is coming to take the spot legitimately, let's let those guys loose and see what we've got.

I think it's too much to ask from Kidd to run the show if we're running and then have to guard the main scoring guard for the other team, but that's just my opinion.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:24 AM   #526
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I think that part I put in bold is very much true...We are asking him to lead this team running up and down the floor at ultra speed, then turn around and guard the quickest guy on the court on defense all while being 35....Does this really make sense? Nope, it is just draining Kidd and his production will go down trying to fill so many gaps on this team, then when he has to also try to play help defense on JJ's guy as well. As far as getting Bell, I think we would have to wait 60 days after the trade that got him to the Bobcats.. Remember, the Mavs are really good at getting Ex-Mavs players back here..LMAO...

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-20-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 AM   #527
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Chum, the team had been WINNING lately, I dunno about playing "Pretty damn good ball"... because the Mavs have looked mediocre even in some of their wins.

But of course, winning is the best deodorant. Nobody's gonna knee jerk or panic just because a team looks mediocre while winning... even though in the back of their head, they must think, the Mavs must play at a higher level to contend w/ the elites!

But then tonight happens!!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:43 AM   #528
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
Chum, the team had been WINNING lately, I dunno about playing "Pretty damn good ball"... because the Mavs have looked mediocre even in some of their wins.

But of course, winning is the best deodorant. Nobody's gonna knee jerk or panic just because a team looks mediocre while winning... even though in the back of their head, they must think, the Mavs must play at a higher level to contend w/ the elites!

But then tonight happens!!
Yes, they must play at a higher level to contend with the elites. In, what, May? We don't even know who the elites are yet. The season is a pup!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:46 AM   #529
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

don't worry. this team just needs a training camp together and they'll be fine.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:34 AM   #530
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

An ass kicking in New Jersey last year may have been part of what triggered the Kidd trade.

Let's hope this ass kicking triggers a trade.

All or nothing boys, all or nothing.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #531
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
don't worry. this team just needs a training camp together and they'll be fine.
I would like to have your optimism...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #532
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Yes, they must play at a higher level to contend with the elites. In, what, May? We don't even know who the elites are yet. The season is a pup!
Some folks might not know who the elites are, but we can safely start with Celtics, Cavs, Lakers, Hornets. The season is moving thru pretty quickly and it will get faster with the way were playing! I'm not worried about May or the playoffs at all right now. I see more and more a bad build and collection of talent on this roster.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #533
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

you all didn't think I was not going to come back and post here after this game did you? I for sure had to

So you I know I went to the game and I have to say, this was the best game I went to. Kidd got a nice welcome by fans which was great, but Nets won and deserved it. Anyone who thinks the mavs were going to get a easy win were totally wrong, I mean you knew the Nets would come out a play hard tonight and try to get the win more since they lost the the Jazz the other night. I love all the game. From the "Thank You Cuban" chants to the Nets winning it was a great night to be a Nets fan and Kidd fan
here are some pictures and videos from the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytOMJIq7zaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnsgPW-Zqb8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qSKx1PuPZo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWfRZuEcXzA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_SGjjvPaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1l7MWwqK0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej8k0LAf1DY
^even if you hate the nets what this last video it's so funny old people dancing
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #534
Willstar

Willstar is on a distinguished road

this game was horrible

Willstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #535
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Like that famous little song, I've become Comfortably Numb.
No...the front office has become comfortably numb.

If we dip below .500 then the trade value of our players goes down even further.

And yes, another trade was needed to compliment the Kidd trade. Kidd doesn't have the right players around him to utilize his skills to their maximum. That was pretty evident when Deavan George completely botched a lob dunk.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-20-2008 at 09:57 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #536
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
I would like to have your optimism...
rofl. you mean my facetiousness?

because we are soo f*cked

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #537
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
you all didn't think I was not going to come back and post here after this game did you? I for sure had to

So you I know I went to the game and I have to say, this was the best game I went to. Kidd got a nice welcome by fans which was great, but Nets won and deserved it. Anyone who thinks the mavs were going to get a easy win were totally wrong, I mean you knew the Nets would come out a play hard tonight and try to get the win more since they lost the the Jazz the other night. I love all the game. From the "Thank You Cuban" chants to the Nets winning it was a great night to be a Nets fan and Kidd fan
here are some pictures and videos from the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytOMJIq7zaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnsgPW-Zqb8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qSKx1PuPZo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWfRZuEcXzA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_SGjjvPaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1l7MWwqK0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej8k0LAf1DY
^even if you hate the nets what this last video it's so funny old people dancing
I see you have a very good camera because looking at the angles, you were taking those pictures from the upper level. I also noticed that in the middle of the game, the arena decided since only a 1/3 of the lower level was filled that they would bring the entire upper level down to the lower level. Did you not take them up on that offer, and take some pictures from the lowe level...Just saying, because it is well known you guys allowed the upper level to seat down in the lower level to seem like you had some fans on television.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #538
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
I see you have a very good camera because looking at the angles, you were taking those pictures from the upper level. I also noticed that in the middle of the game, the arena decided since only a 1/3 of the lower level was filled that they would bring the entire upper level down to the lower level. Did you not take them up on that offer, and take some pictures from the lowe level...Just saying, because it is well known you guys allowed the upper level to seat down in the lower level to seem like you had some fans on television.
I was actually sitting in the level, section 122, row 24, seat 8. So only a couple rows in the lower section behind me like 4 rows maybe 3 not too sure lol. I was going to take up the offer to move down because other people in the lower section were put there weren't many seats my friends and I could find together that were closer so where we were sitting in the lower section was good. I was kind of pissed though, I could have bought tickets for 10 bucks and moved to the lower level that sucked. and fans did move down usually only happens when a strom comes and people don't show up because of bad weather

here's a shot from the upper level last season so you can get a idea of how my seats were last night
section 224, row 10, upper level

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 12-20-2008 at 10:40 AM.
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:26 PM   #539
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! I'm proud of Devin, owning the crap out of the Mavs. Thats what happens when you do stupid trades, FORTY ONE POINTS, THIRTEEN ASSISTS. Where are all the people who love to defend this trade, what's the excuse now? All of you got owned by Devin, and I hope everytime we play the Nets Devin does this over and over and over again.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #540
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck you for wanting the Mavs to lose "longsufferingmavsfan".
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #541
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
Ha! I'm proud of Devin, owning the crap out of the Mavs. Thats what happens when you do stupid trades, FORTY ONE POINTS, THIRTEEN ASSISTS. Where are all the people who love to defend this trade, what's the excuse now? All of you got owned by Devin, and I hope everytime we play the Nets Devin does this over and over and over again.

I still defend the trade. Dumb people like you like to point out "the TRADE" was why we lost. The trade had the least to do with it. Dirks terrible play and Joshs shots and stupidity were the reason. Simple as that. You are telling me that had Kidd and Terry played the same and IF Dirk had his usual game that NJ would have won, I dont believe that. Harris can drop 40 but the Mavs are a better team and I think in the end we will see that.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 12-20-2008 at 04:37 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #542
ghazi
Platinum Member

longsufferingmavsfan why is there a hint of glee in your post that the mavs got humiliated last nigth!

JUDAS!!!

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #543
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

You keep making excuses for the trade, which is why I hope Devin torches us over and over. And Fuck you too "Dirkadirkastan"
Old 12-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #544
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow the nets 3pt shooting last night was absolutely ridiculous. 54% versus their normal 37%.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
devin who?, gdt 08/09, human race that we run, mavs equal crap, must win, my tag can beat your tag, no more germandunk gdt's!, poppycock, the sky is falling, we got hosed tommy