Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #41
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see KG's no look to Perkins? What a dimerz.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #42
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

So many people doubt KG. The man is amazing.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #43
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Did you see KG's no look to Perkins? What a dimerz.
that was sick. the celtics look like they're having so much fun already. i would be too if i was on that team...

danny, bring me back!
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #44
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

if i was doc, i wouldnt even start you if u were on my team

Contact Me
Old 10-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #45
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

If I were making a preseason bet on a Finals appearance, the Celtics would be my pick.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #46
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

`Boston should finish ahead of the Knicks.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:54 PM   #47
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Itt sure brought a smile to my face to watch some hilights of their preseason agmes and seeing how much fun the Big 3 seem to have out there playing...u can just see it tht they r happy to be in tht situation

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #48
alby
Guru

kg loves that no look behind the back pass

Contact Me
Old 10-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #49
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Ray Allen Unhappy With Garnett's Cursing?
October 17, 2007 - 12:16 pm
St. Paul Pioneer Press -
Word in Boston, according to Charley Walters, is that the Celtics' Ray Allen was taken aback by some profane language used by Kevin Garnett during a practice, and he let the former Timberwolves' star know about it.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...netts_cursing/
Old 10-19-2007, 04:17 PM   #50
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

uhhhhh i can see the rumors starting to flow...all I know is at the end of the day they will be one of the teams to beat

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 10-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #51
alby
Guru

KG

23 points
13 rebounds
10 assists
31 minutes

Contact Me
Old 10-26-2007, 10:38 PM   #52
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You know what he did...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #53
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
Ray Allen Unhappy With Garnett's Cursing?
October 17, 2007 - 12:16 pm
St. Paul Pioneer Press -
Word in Boston, according to Charley Walters, is that the Celtics' Ray Allen was taken aback by some profane language used by Kevin Garnett during a practice, and he let the former Timberwolves' star know about it.
Ha ha, sounds like the Minnesota press is desperate to find a bright side to losing KG.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #54
alby
Guru

haha what a reach

Contact Me
Old 10-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #55
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

KG will have a monster season as far as all around stats. Those 3 will benefit from each other..and all have an aspect of the game tht goes with the other 2.

Like if U combined them into one player it would be close as one can get to having a perfect player

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 10-27-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:30 PM   #56
alby
Guru

That is why KG is rated #1 in fantasy.

Contact Me
Old 10-27-2007, 06:45 PM   #57
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

If Garnett stays healty he will have a monster year. I feel Allen will also because everyone must double Garnett and leave Allen wide open to drain 3's on you all game long. A great piece was James Posey, where Garnett, Pierce and Allen doesn't have to chase around the best offensive player from the other team. This is Posey's job. I think your pick of Garnett was great.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #58
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

you guys don't think Garnett's fantasy value is going to go down because Allen and Pierce are going to be shoulders a lot of the load Garnett is used to?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #59
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Garnett may very well slip a little. But I think he will still be a top 3 fantasy player in most scoring systems.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #60
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

they probably will win the championship, the all-star game, the lottery and the presidential election the way the media is going on.

i'd love to see 'em in the finals against us. dirk vs kg forever.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #61
alby
Guru

Allen/Pierce/KG v. Kobe/Dirk

bring it!

Contact Me
Old 10-29-2007, 06:04 AM   #62
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Mann watching these guys gets me really excited..its crazy..I swear if things go well they have a chance to end up as one of the best trios in the history of the NBA and if the Mavs are not there at the end..I know who I am rooting for

........GO MAVS
Old 11-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #63
alby
Guru

who said it can't work in Boston?

they are up 74-37 against Denver right now... wow

Contact Me
Old 11-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #64
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

i'm banking they get to the Finals. I even think they can give the west some troubles. I haven't seen them play yet so I don' t know for sure though but based on what is produced out of the east, they will make it to the finals. I'd like to watch them play us, Spurs, Suns, Rockets and see how they do.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #65
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Too early for praise, they might be crushing some teams like tonight but the Raptors took them to OT and nearly won. Just saying...
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:23 PM   #66
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Celtics shot lights out. They did other things well, note the 32 assists. Note the rebounding advantage. Note the 20 steals, another advantage.

But, when you look at shots taken and the percentage hit, you find that the primary reason the Celtics won was because they shot lights out, around 65% from the field.

The Celtics have a LOT of talent now. But, (to quote the Tuna), I'm not going to annoint them just yet...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #67
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

They are who we thought they were!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:28 AM   #68
alby
Guru

Toronto is a legit playoff team, and it was in Toronto--great win for Boston. ECF lock.

Contact Me
Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #69
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
They are who we thought they were!
We let 'em off the hook!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #70
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
We let 'em off the hook!
Coach, those guys that took your Coors Light... they went that way.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 11-08-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: stupid fake youtube ads
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #71
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Toronto is a legit playoff team, and it was in Toronto--great win for Boston. ECF lock.
I love the Raptors, but they don't have near the tools (even on their own court) that should allow them to take a team like the Celtics to OT and lose by 3. And based off of Toronto's last two disappointing losses to the Bucks and Magic they still have plenty to figure out. That said I hope they are still a playoff team, when they get it together (especially Bosh).

Anyway i'm not saying we should judge the Celtics based off of that performance alone, they are clearly crushing teams at home. But to me the Raptors and Nuggets play a similar style (little defense, quick offense) and the closeness of one game and the blowout of the next shows an inconsistency. I want to see them play a Western contender (Mavs, Suns, Spurs) even the Jazz or Rockets before I make any sort of evaluation, because as of now they have no competition in the EC and they should easily make their way to a great record.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #72
alby
Guru

They were a playoff team last year, their players and head coached lacked playoff experience and lost in the first round. Over the summer, they failed to resign Calderon and Peterson, but their stars of TJ, Parker, Bosh, Andrea are all a year older and a year better. In addition, they have added Delfino and Kapono, whom both have been deep in the playoffs.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 11-08-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #73
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

so far, they did pretty good 4-0
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:20 PM   #74
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Calderons still there for now, good thing too... he's better than Ford and at a much lower price. I envy their point guards and playmaking.

The thing is the East improved a great deal (well the bad teams improved a great deal), and between their losses to the Magic (who got a 'big name' addition) and the Bucks (like the Raptors, still young and developing) I sense that unless Bargnani breaks out this year they haven't done enough to stay on par.

Not to mention their division got instantly tougher having the Celtics go from lottery to favorite. I'm saying this as a fan of theirs of course, I just feel homer-esque saying they would win 50 games or more this year.... anyways this is way off topic.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:22 AM   #75
alby
Guru

KG tonight
27 points, 19 rebounds, 6 assists

second game in a row where Allen/Pierce/Garnett outscored the entire opposing team in the first half

Contact Me
Old 11-10-2007, 01:59 AM   #76
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

boston fans got big head. i'm getting smack from my boys.... and it's like cmon.

they're doing their thing and handling their schedule so respect but it's all overhyped until they play a legit contender.... dallas, phx, sa, detroit, even utah or houston... just to get a real gauge.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #77
alby
Guru

KG had a terrible game and still managed 18 points, 14 rebounds, 6 assists

He is averaging 23 points, 16 rebounds, and 6 assists for the season so far.

Holy cow, Ray Allen at 32 years of age and newly surgically repaired ankles played 48 out of a possible 48 minutes last night. Ouch.

Contact Me
Old 11-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #78
chumdawg
Guru

Whoops, wrong thread. Romo had me all excited.

Last edited by chumdawg; 11-11-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #79
alby
Guru

6-0

KG 18 points 11 rebounds

6 games
6 double doubles

Contact Me
Old 11-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #80
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I want a crack at them
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote