Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-21-2007, 08:59 AM   #1
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of
Question how far boston celtics going to get?

they got KG, Paul Pierce,and Ray Allen, how far they can get?
can they get champions?
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

i think they have a really good shot at NBA finals.
spurs would beat them
mavs would be a really good series... toss up though.
rockets would lose. KG owns Yao.
Suns no idea. they wont make it to finals.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

they may clash, just like the Nuggs.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Beer, baked beans, and clam chowder will be phenomenally worse for KG than the beer and maple syrup he got in Minnesota. He'll gain 60 lbs and will be sick all day long. I bet at some point he gets arrested or groped at the Kennedy compound. Ray Allen will know enough to stay away from that crap, but he and Paul Pierce can't carry a team past the 2nd round.

well, really, I think barring personality clashes (and these three can stick together for at least one season), they'll cruise to the finals where they will be crushed by San Antonio or beaten by the Mavs (barring a Mavs playoffs collapse). A healthy Phoenix would beat them, but I don't think Nash will last through an entire playoff run without sweeping a couple series early.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 09-21-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
can they get champions?

get the hell outta here.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Their 3 all-stars just happen to be class acts... lucky bastards. I don't see any ego problems since all of them just want a ring by any means necessary. I think they will lose in the finals to whoever comes out of the west (Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Rockets), but who knows... when the season starts we may see reason to be very concerned.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
can they get champions?

I think they can get pretty far......
Old 09-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #8
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

they gots a mighty fine team them might be ables ta gets pretty dang-gum far

seriously though they have a possibility of making the finals if they all stay healthy.. I can't imagine them beating the west though.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Has the NBA changed?

They have star power, and good players, and depending on organized crime.....maybe the ability to win a championship.

Then again, maybe the second round....who knows when you haven't seen them play together this year, yet.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:25 PM   #10
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

2nd round only.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:32 AM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Two of the three will suffer serious injuries and miss the playoffs.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:57 AM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If it's true that the East is as weak as it's made out to be, then NBA Finals at a minimum.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:02 AM   #13
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

the celtics will be the eastern conference champions. if lebron can make the finals with the horrific team he had, the celtics can definitely make it...
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:24 AM   #14
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Anybody thts realistic knows that they have enough to win it all...but at the same time keeping in mind that anything can happen they could be out in the first round.

I say they win it all..unless they face us in the finals : )

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:58 AM   #15
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

They'll make it to the finals easily, but lose to whoever comes out of the West.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:17 AM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1
"WHY CAN'T I MAKE IT TO THE SECOND ROUND!!!??"
Old 09-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #17
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

They lose in the Conference Finals
They have the starters to make it to the finals, but not the bench
And Doc Rivers will find a way to screw up a promising season

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:53 PM   #18
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

If they don't make it to the Conference finals, they're big-time underachievers... but I suppose that's what they've all been all along, so I almost expect them to do a little worse than that...
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #19
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

At minimum they'll make the Eastern Conference Finals.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #20
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
get the hell outta here.
fuck u, u get the hell outta here dumb ass
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:36 PM   #21
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

The thing you have to take into account is that while those are all three talented players, none of them have the image that Stern wants in a winner. Expect every force to be conspiring against them.

(Disclaimer: I don't believe that)
Old 10-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #22
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

Boston will make the finals if they gel, they could win it all certainly.

I axtually like the role players Boston brought in, some hard workers, shooters and good defenders. the big 3 have a decent cast around them.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #23
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

eddie house is the x-factor. with him, the celtics are going to the finals.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #24
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

scott pollard will put the team over the top

why doesn't cwebb want to join them, i don't get it

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:17 PM   #25
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
scott pollard will put the team over the top

why doesn't cwebb want to join them, i don't get it
He might want Greek money =/

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #26
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

he turned that team down

boston > detroit

Contact Me
Old 10-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #27
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he turned that team down

boston > detroit
rgr

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #28
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

boston's gonna be tough. i mean, shutting down all three is gonna be tough. championship or bust for them, i'd say.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 AM   #29
ty
Diamond Member

They're thinking about calling them The Triplets.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:53 AM   #30
alby
Guru

well, i read somewhere they aren't going to be called that either

big 3 = bird/mchale/parish
triplets = aikman/irvin/smith

Contact Me
Old 10-05-2007, 12:41 AM   #31
alby
Guru

just read their article on espn about their training camp in rome.

perkins/kg/pierce/r.allen/rondo
posey/t.allen/house/pollard/big baby

I know championships aren't won in October, but this team is legit man.

Contact Me
Old 10-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #32
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I see them as a 1st or 2nd round exit in the East. I don't see this team clicking at all.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #33
kuki301

kuki301 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
eddie house is the x-factor. with him, the celtics are going to the finals.
correct me if im wrong, but if that is a pic from that one game in the 2002 playoffs, they won that game, lost that series lol
Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

7 game exit in the second round is my guess. Only so many shots to go around, porous defense, less-than-adequate bench that doesnt show up in the post-season.

Way better than last year, but Celtics fans will feel ripped off.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-05-2007 at 10:37 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The who?

Is that one of those eastern conference teams?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #36
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
7 game exit in the second round is my guess. Only so many shots to go around, porous defense, less-than-adequate bench that doesnt show up in the post-season.

Way better than last year, but Celtics fans will feel ripped off.
bench is overrated in the playoffs, matters more in the regular season. theyr bench also isn't that weak either. people are overeacting.

fact is two superstars aren't going to llet their team lose in the freaking 2nd round of the weak east get real here.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #37
alby
Guru

Agreed.

Anyways, KG just played--19 points 17 rebounds 5 steals in 32 minutes

Contact Me
Old 10-07-2007, 01:00 AM   #38
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Agreed.

Anyways, KG just played--19 points 17 rebounds 5 steals in 32 minutes
Monstrous.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #39
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Stop changing the subject, guys.

We're not talking about whether the Celtics can BE champions. We're talking about whether they can GET champions. I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I believe it has something to do with obtaining old Wheaties boxes and the like.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 10-07-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:39 AM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Stop changing the subject, guys.

We're not talking about whether the Celtics can BE champions. We're talking about whether they can GET champions. I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I believe it has something to do with obtaining old Wheaties boxes and the like.
What a clever rhetorical twist. You may BE champions, damnit, but you will never GET champions! And I have the Wheaties boxes to prove it!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote