Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-03-2021, 08:43 PM   #41
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
LOL

I just had a convo about the Mavs refusing to trap on defense vs C.Paul to mix things up that entire time vs Phoenix.

Now tonight they decide to trap
You read my mind. I was sitting here wondering why the Mav coaches don't make these same adjustments in-game. Instead, the very next game you see the adjustments they should have made in the previous game. WTH?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #42
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
You read my mind. I was sitting here wondering why the Mav coaches don't make these same adjustments in-game. Instead, the very next game you see the adjustments they should have made in the previous game. WTH?

Analysis paralysis?
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:51 PM   #43
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Yeah they even ran back to back set plays for KP when Luka was on the bench.

They came out of a timeout and RC actually put them in set play instead of letting Burke and Brunson just run around jacking up shots without even looking at KP.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:52 PM   #44
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
Analysis paralysis?
No way. The moves are obvious - to me, at least. I wonder if the Mavs didn't walk through trapping scenarios prior to the Suns game, so RC wasn't comfortable calling them during the game. <?> I have no idea. I'm just reaching for something. I prefer that to the option that he either didn't think of it or didn't think it was worth trying. RC is an enigma to me. I just don't understand his decisions too frequently for my comfort.

Last edited by turin; 02-03-2021 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:55 PM   #45
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone take the green light away from these guys? The threes are no bueno for this team. The inside game is working
Old 02-03-2021, 08:57 PM   #46
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah they even ran back to back set plays for KP when Luka was on the bench.

They came out of a timeout and RC actually put them in set play instead of letting Burke and Brunson just run around jacking up shots without even looking at KP.
I noticed that also. Hmm, if the coaches are following our recs, can't they keep a phone on the bench logged into the forum, so they don't have to wait until the next game to implement these timely in-game adjustments? ;-) heh

Last edited by turin; 02-03-2021 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:07 PM   #47
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what Richardson is doing.

He's been pretty good on Young but when they switched him to Huerter he just got lost on defense several times.

Maybe he's just good at defending on ball which is why he had more success with Young as opposed to Huerter.
I think you may be on to something here. I wish RC would give Green some burn on Trae Young. It wouldn't hurt to have a young, energetic defensive guy out there with Luka, and Green also has a knack of making some timely cuts to the basket. The offense could use some more off ball movement.

Last edited by turin; 02-03-2021 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:08 PM   #48
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Refs are calling some really ticky tak fouls out there. Let the guys play. Killing the flow of the game.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:10 PM   #49
Quantum

Quantum is a jewel in the roughQuantum is a jewel in the roughQuantum is a jewel in the rough

Watched Warriors game last night...there was no defense in the paint. Wiseman out for 7-10 days.

Mavs should be able to get a win tomorrow even if Curry has 75pts.
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:10 PM   #50
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

If the Mavs can get this game they got two games vs the Warriors who won't have either one of their Centers Looney or Wiseman.

That means KP will get to play vs a small front line
Old 02-03-2021, 09:16 PM   #51
turin
Diamond Member

Trae comes out with 2:49 left in 3rd. Let's see when he comes back in the 4th, and compare that with Luka's usage.

I'm expecting Luka to finish 3rd and sit first half of 4th per RC's track record.

Last edited by turin; 02-03-2021 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:17 PM   #52
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
No way. The moves are obvious - to me, at least. I wonder if the Mavs didn't walk through trapping scenarios prior to the Suns game, so RC wasn't comfortable calling them during the game. <?> I have no idea. I'm just reaching for something. I prefer that to the option that he either didn't think of it or didn't think it was worth trying. RC is an enigma to me. I just don't understand his decisions too frequently for my comfort.

Saturday Phoenix didn't have Booker at all that's why trapping Paul made so much sense yet the Mavs didn't even bother not once to do it.

The game on Monday even with Booker I would have through a few traps at them just to see how Phoenix reacted.

But if you don't try at all how would you know if it works or not?

It has worked to a certain extent tonight vs Atlanta but hey IMO it came 2 games too late LOL
Old 02-03-2021, 09:21 PM   #53
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Trae comes out with 2:49 left in 3rd. Let's see when he comes back in the 4th, and compare that with Luka's usage.

I'm expecting Luka to finish 3rd and sit first half of 4th per RC's track record.

LOL

He finally did it
Old 02-03-2021, 09:21 PM   #54
turin
Diamond Member

The good news is that THJ is hitting his shots tonight. The bad news is he is going to suck now for the next 2 or 3 games. :-O

Old 02-03-2021, 09:22 PM   #55
Dallas41
Diamond Member

and skin say's I love the Mavs are sitting Luka here before the end of the 3rd

I think RC has been reading something LOL

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-03-2021 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:24 PM   #56
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
LOL

He finally did it
LOL! You can't make this stuff up. 1:39 left and Luka comes out. I did suggest Luka coming out around 2 minute mark in 3rd. Now, if he comes back in the 4th at the 8 minute mark, I'm going to feel a bit like I'm being spied on. LOL

Last edited by turin; 02-03-2021 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:25 PM   #57
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

It’s coming down to crunch time. Let’s hope the defense clamps Trae and Huerter late
Old 02-03-2021, 09:27 PM   #58
Grady Wilson

Grady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

Uh oh.... Mavs lead by 5 going into the 4th quarter. That hasn't been a good sign that past two games.
Grady Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:28 PM   #59
Dallas41
Diamond Member

This is awesome

RC has trapped this game, Rotated so that all 3 of his big's have shared the floor together throughout the game several times we've had two big's on the floor even if was KP and WCS together.

Called a few set plays for KP when Luka left the game in the 1st half did not allow Brunson and Burke to keep shooting on those two possessions.

He's subbed Luka out the game before the end of the 3rd period which will finally get him back in the game earlier in the 4th qtr.

The only thing to do now is win the game LOL
Old 02-03-2021, 09:30 PM   #60
Melonhead
Guru

Rich 3 is so damn ugly. I like everything else about his game but damn man
Old 02-03-2021, 09:32 PM   #61
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

I still don't see how they called that foul on KP when he side stepped Trae. KP moved well away from Trae and I didn't see any contact at all.

And then they overturn the foul call when KP was grabbed TWICE under the basket.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:33 PM   #62
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
This is awesome

RC has trapped this game, Rotated so that all 3 of his big's have shared the floor together throughout the game several times we've had two big's on the floor even if was KP and WCS together.

Called a few set plays for KP when Luka left the game in the 1st half did not allow Brunson and Burke to keep shooting on those two possessions.

He's subbed Luka out the game before the end of the 3rd period which will finally get him back in the game earlier in the 4th qtr.

The only thing to do now is win the game LOL
Yeah, pretty much exactly what we've been begging for. Also, DP has been glued to the bench where he belongs. Mavs need to win tonight, especially with the way THJ is shooting. They have to take advantage of this opportunity.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:34 PM   #63
turin
Diamond Member

Luka back in at 9:37 mark.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:34 PM   #64
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Luka back in early in the 4th qtr

So rotations can be changed after all

LOL
Old 02-03-2021, 09:35 PM   #65
tgfan
Golden Member

Angry

Seems like every freaking time the Hawks get a second chance opportunity, they hit a three.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:36 PM   #66
turin
Diamond Member

Luka with a beautiful put back.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:36 PM   #67
Melonhead
Guru

Am I going crazy or do I see KP going after rebounds with a purpose?
Old 02-03-2021, 09:37 PM   #68
turin
Diamond Member

Dagger time.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:37 PM   #69
tgfan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Maxi giving him a demonstration of how it's to be done??!!
Old 02-03-2021, 09:37 PM   #70
turin
Diamond Member

Bam! KP! Mavs will win this one.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:37 PM   #71
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
I had a dream that Dirk was helping him. Maybe it actually happened? Cause that's usually the case with my dreams.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:38 PM   #72
Dallas41
Diamond Member

How about that adjustment

Get Luka back in early in the 4th qtr and the offense don't look so garbage with Johnson, Brunson, Burke trying to freelance for the half the qtr while the other team makes a comeback

Just a bunch of simple adjustments by RC finally

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-03-2021 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #73
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think KP got pissed that he didn't get that foul call when Trae hit his elbow. Nice to see some channeled aggression from him.

Last edited by turin; 02-03-2021 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:44 PM   #74
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
I think KP got pissed that he didn't get that foul call when Trae hit his elbow. Nice to see some channeled aggression from him.

Yeah that no call aggravated him. Maybe it helps push the mental worries of the knee on the back burner when he’s pissed.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:44 PM   #75
turin
Diamond Member

Mavs need a timeout. RC needs to call a play to settle the guys down for the close

Old 02-03-2021, 09:44 PM   #76
tgfan
Golden Member

Nice couple of defensive possessions by the Mavs here!
Old 02-03-2021, 09:44 PM   #77
Dallas41
Diamond Member

For all those saying it didn't matter if Luka played the entire 3rd qtr and sat half the 4th qtr

Take a look at tonight and tell me that little tweak to his rotation pattern didn't work much better.

Had he sat half the 4th qtr this game without question would have been Atlanta up by 6-8 points.

Instead Luka kept them at bay and the offense didn't look like trash for half the 4th until he got back into the game.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:45 PM   #78
turin
Diamond Member

Nice. Mav timeout. Solid defense here and RC should have a play for next o possession imo.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:46 PM   #79
tgfan
Golden Member

Quote:
Mavs need a timeout. RC needs to call a play to settle the guys down for the close

Mavs really need a score after this time out you called for! Don't settle for a long three point attempt, but, rather, drive the in and try to make something happen, draw a foul.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:46 PM   #80
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
For all those saying it didn't matter if Luka played the entire 3rd qtr and sat half the 4th qtr

Take a look at tonight and tell me that little tweak to his rotation pattern didn't work much better.

Had he sat half the 4th qtr this game without question would have been Atlanta up by 6-8 points.

Instead Luka kept them at bay and the offense didn't look like trash for half the 4th until he got back into the game.
Agree 100%.