Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Like i said in an earlier PGT, Lamar Odom will not change. Whatever it is, this is how its gonna be. He will not get some enlightenment all of a sudden, and begin playing with fire in his pants.

What we see from him is what we're gonna get. Right now the only reason he is here is for depth. We need him as a body for Dirk to get rest. Anything passed that is considered a success for the night.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Like i said in an earlier PGT, Lamar Odom will not change. Whatever it is, this is how its gonna be. He will not get some enlightenment all of a sudden, and begin playing with fire in his pants.

What we see from him is what we're gonna get. Right now the only reason he is here is for depth. We need him as a body for Dirk to get rest. Anything passed that is considered a success for the night.
I seem to remember people saying similar things about JET last year...

Your premise of Lamar not changing is horribly flawed, being that there has been a clear change from last year to this year. So change happens. The notion that human behavior is fixed in some artificial vacuum is completely disprovable by even the most cursory analysis of basic human psychology.

Dirk changes for the playoffs, getting to the rim more, Kidd looks to score more, even Barea changed his game as the season progressed last year. Being that Lamar's problems seem to be psychological from most of the reports and interviews I've read, there is really no way to forecast what will happen. His skillset hasn't diminished, nor has his size, so all that is required for him to do to turn things around is a mental adjustment, albeit a significant one. If that happens, I think that many fans will come to appreciate what he can bring. If it doesn't, then your view of him being just a body to give Dirk rest will be accurate.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Odom is a very sensitive, crowd boos, rides him, he don't like it, his grip of the ball becomes tighter, over thinks things. He needs to learn to shut everything down and just play basketball. Forget Cuban, forget the crowd, just play basketball.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

we need Lamar...let he goes for nothing or for medium players is a no sense.
i hope he step up in the PO!
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I dont even care if his offense is off. He just needs to play at least half as hard as Cardinal and I'd be ok with him.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Lamar et on the ground after a ball last night. I was okay with him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

He is looking just better, although his stats look the same. But I hated when he was just walking back when he turned it over in the 3rd...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...that sequence that made cubes pissed at lamar is pretty bad.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...ner-mark-cuban

"With about 2:45 left in the quarter, Odom let his man, Tyson Chandler, drift behind him to the basket. Chandler received the pass and had a clear path for a dunk until Shawn Marion slid over, contested at the rim and forced Chandler to miss the two-handed dunk attempt. The rebound bounced out to Jason Kidd at the free throw line, who pushed it up the floor.

Odom jogged upcourt and made it only to the top of the arc by the time Kidd dished to Jason Terry on the wing. Without hesitation, Terry misfired on a 3-pointer. Odom started to backpedal as Terry launched the shot. Carmelo Anthony rebounded and handed the ball off to Jeremy Lin. Odom had already retreated beyond mid-court and back near the 3-point arc, yet Landry Fields ran right by him, caught a long, two-handed pass from Lin and soared in for the easy layup.

Coach Rick Carlisle instantly called a timeout as Cuban rose to his feet and emphatically jabbed his right arm and looked to have flung some choice words in Odom's direction. Odom, cradling the basketball in his right arm, slowly walked to the bench as he appeared to fix his gaze toward Cuban. "
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Wow...that sequence that made cubes pissed at lamar is pretty bad.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...ner-mark-cuban

"With about 2:45 left in the quarter, Odom let his man, Tyson Chandler, drift behind him to the basket. Chandler received the pass and had a clear path for a dunk until Shawn Marion slid over, contested at the rim and forced Chandler to miss the two-handed dunk attempt. The rebound bounced out to Jason Kidd at the free throw line, who pushed it up the floor.

Odom jogged upcourt and made it only to the top of the arc by the time Kidd dished to Jason Terry on the wing. Without hesitation, Terry misfired on a 3-pointer. Odom started to backpedal as Terry launched the shot. Carmelo Anthony rebounded and handed the ball off to Jeremy Lin. Odom had already retreated beyond mid-court and back near the 3-point arc, yet Landry Fields ran right by him, caught a long, two-handed pass from Lin and soared in for the easy layup.

Coach Rick Carlisle instantly called a timeout as Cuban rose to his feet and emphatically jabbed his right arm and looked to have flung some choice words in Odom's direction. Odom, cradling the basketball in his right arm, slowly walked to the bench as he appeared to fix his gaze toward Cuban. "
I'll retract my suspicion of the NYDN tweet since this is now being reported by other sources. I will not, however, retract my statement that the NYDN is a gossip rag.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'll retract my suspicion of the NYDN tweet since this is now being reported by other sources. I will not, however, retract my statement that the NYDN is a gossip rag.
Well, obviously it's a gossip rag - do they cover any athletes who DON'T have a reality TV show?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Well, obviously it's a gossip rag - do they cover any athletes who DON'T have a reality TV show?
They rode LINSanity like you wouldn't believe, especially Lupica. Sucking it for all it's worth over here in NYC.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSEGG2G7AEc

1:00:05sec
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post

What exactly am I looking for. And is that at 1:00:05? I didn't even see odom in the game then.

Last edited by dude1394; 03-07-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #14
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
What exactly am I looking for. And is that at 1:00:05? I didn't even see odom in the game then.
That is the one hour mark not one minute mark. If you just go to that point, that's when the plays that are talked about are unfolding.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #15
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
That is the one hour mark not one minute mark. If you just go to that point, that's when the plays that are talked about are unfolding.
Thanks...
Old 03-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #16
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they trade him for a better option.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #17
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
I hope they trade him for a better option.
Diaw for Odom and 3 million.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #18
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Diaw for Odom and 3 million.
Did it just get fatter in here?
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #19
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
Did it just get fatter in here?
Certainly did, that boy has officially demanded a trade and has sat the last 2 games.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #20
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a video of the incident. Sorry for the quality, my PC is the Bobcats of all PCs and really can't handle HD videos in MAGIX...

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2012/3/...ness-vs-knicks
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #21
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Dirk's gonna have to let LO know Cubes will be Cubes. True he made a couple of bone headed decisions on those two plays, but we seriously have other players *cough* JET *cough* who make bone headed plays every time they touch the ball.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #22
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Knicks get the rebound and push the ball upcourt at about 1:00:22. Watch Odom -- he doesn't get above a lazy jog at any point in the approximate 30-second time frame leading into the timeout. Gets in a defensive stance for less than 5 seconds against Chandler but loses him right before getting beat up and down the court (literally) by Landry Fields.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

I also saw a rotten attempt to stop ball against Lin.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #24
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Odom is making it hard to root and cheer for him...I know he's playing SF and a little bit of PF in Dallas but he still seems like he could care less.

I don't remember the last Mavs player I seen get this many free passes like Odom is getting, I don't think Josh Howard got this many free passes when he was here.

Odom has the same body language as Josh Howard after the Devin Harris trade from what I seen this season, Howard was never the same after the Devin trade.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #25
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

On the Cuban/Odom interaction after Odom failed to run the floor... I just happened to be sitting three rows back, between Cuban and the basket, last night. Unfortunately, I was too involved in yelling at Odom to get back on D to catch the very beginning. But I'll relate it as accurately as I can.

On the previous offensive possession, Odom didn't really get into the play. There was either a turnover or quick shot and long rebound, and the Knicks got the ball back up the court in a hurry. Odom was the only Mav who had so much as a chance to get back in time to be anywhere near the paint, and he gave up on the play around 20 feet out or so.

Knicks score, Rick calls a timeout, I stand up and yell at Odom to get back on D. Where I was sitting, the basket stanchion blocked my view of the left side of the court. So I stood up to see if any other Mav was near the play, in front of Odom, as I yelled. So I turned away from the bench and Cuban. Cuban is yelling, but it's usual Cubes volume/passion so it doesn't register with me right away.

Rather than go to his right, towards the huddle, Odom walks more through the paint and towards the baseline where Al Whitley sits. He looks pissed in a simmering sort of "I'm trying to be calm but want to kick someone's ass" way. I didnt see what he was mouthing, except that it ended in, "...fucking basketball."

About that time it dawned on me that he was directing his words to the far end of the bench, I looked over and saw that Cuban had sat down. Concurrently, the shorter black dude that sits on the floor by Al stood up, patted Odom on the chest, and sort of turned him back towards the huddle. Odom kinda had a head-shaking disposition about him.

That was all...the guy sitting next to me said that Cuban had yelled "run the floor!" I didn't hear specifics myself, and assume more words were likely said on both sides.

Also, and I could kick myself now for not paying better attention, but at one point, Cuban sat on the bench next to Lamar and looked to be encouraging him and having a generally positive exchange about the game. I don't know if this was before or after the other situation. It could have been either. Also, of note, Cuban had similar on-bench exchanges with Kidd, Carter, and Marion throughout the game that I saw.

Last edited by Rhylan; 03-07-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #26
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

@RealLamarOdom: Me and Marc Cuban are cool! Frank u can't lie 4 a story. Unethical Bro.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #27
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
@RealLamarOdom: Me and Marc Cuban are cool! Frank u can't lie 4 a story. Unethical Bro.
Man...he's worrying about the wrong things.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #28
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Man...he's worrying about the wrong things. If he were in the gym, he wouldn't have time to care about this stuff.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #29
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Man...he's worrying about the wrong things. If he were in the gym, he wouldn't have time to care about this stuff.
Just seems like there is always some dramatic issue with this guy. He needs to quit that absolutely terrible tv show and yes hit the damn gym.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #30
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think there's any problem with him taking 20-30 seconds to write a tweet that dispels the myth that there's bad blood between him in the owner. Seems like the right thing to do, in fact. Better to not let those rumors fester.

And I know you weren't really being literal, but nobody spends all day in the gym. These guys have some semblance of free time, just like any other professional.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #31
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I don't think there's any problem with him taking 20-30 seconds to write a tweet that dispels the myth that there's bad blood between him in the owner. Seems like the right thing to do, in fact. Better to not let those rumors fester.

And I know you weren't really being literal, but nobody spends all day in the gym. These guys have some semblance of free time, just like any other professional.
I have no problem with someone responding to friends about tweets etc. But back and forth with the media ala Lebron...I don't know..It sort of comes across to me as someone who is way more interested in their persona than needed.

I mean Marion is tweeting all of the time about who the heck knows what, but rarely do you see him engage back and forth with someone, it's a losing battle imo. It's not a message board for goodness sakes!

IMO Odoms best course of action is to be very diligent about doing his job and let the other stuff roll off his back. If this tweet from some journalists bugs him how does he deal with boos at the AAC.

The fella just seems fragile to me...The whole thing is hardly worth his time to think about.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #32
LonghornDub

Quote:
I have no problem with someone responding to friends about tweets etc. But back and forth with the media ala Lebron...I don't know..It sort of comes across to me as someone who is way more interested in their persona than needed.

I mean Marion is tweeting all of the time about who the heck knows what, but rarely do you see him engage back and forth with someone, it's a losing battle imo. It's not a message board for goodness sakes!

IMO Odoms best course of action is to be very diligent about doing his job and let the other stuff roll off his back. If this tweet from some journalists bugs him how does he deal with boos at the AAC.

The fella just seems fragile to me...The whole thing is hardly worth his time to think about.
I actually agree with you generally about letting the extraneous stuff "roll of his back," but this particular one implicated his owner as well.

And we all know he cares about what people think of him. That'll never change. He was the exact same way when he was playing incredibly well with the Lakers, so it doesn't preclude being good at his job. He's gotta figure out a way to do both, because that core aspect of his personality isn't going anywhere.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Exactly.
Even then, he went to the AAC before the team departed yesterday to get some more work in with the coaching staff.

So, yeah.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #34
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Odom spelled the first name wrong, but you get the point:
Tweet -
"Me and Marc Cuban are cool! Frank u can't lie 4 a story. Unethical Bro."

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-08-2012 at 12:40 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #35
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Odom spelled the first name wrong, but you get the point
Whoops, I just changed ALOT of Marc's to Mark's on youtube and MMB
Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #36
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Who's Frank?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:02 AM   #37
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Who's Frank?
Frank Gallagher

or

this guy
Old 03-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #38
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Cmon if you watch the video there is no doubt about it. Lamar loafed and Cuban yelled at him for it.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #39
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Cmon if you watch the video there is no doubt about it. Lamar loafed and Cuban yelled at him for it.
That's true, but Cuban yells at everyone the whole game.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #40
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That's true, but Cuban yells at everyone the whole game.
Yeah. I just don't get the lying and unethical charges. The tweet looks like pretty reasonable description of what happened.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hopehegetsgilloolyed, lamar odom > cadbane, lol khloe, odom's bag of rocks, odom's empty bag