Ridiculously excited. Plan to watch every game (TV gods willing) 7 41.18%
Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2021, 10:02 PM   #1881
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
So what? Anyone being honest, paying attention now, knows what tap2390 is true. Fuck what people think in a decade or two.
People to this day hold it against Malone, Stockton, Barkley et al for not winning a ring yet talk glowingly about Garnett winning a ring when he clearly chased. All ya all fucking insane.

Last edited by Zeus; 07-17-2021 at 10:03 PM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2021, 10:11 PM   #1882
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Maybe. Maybe not. I might be confusing teams but didn’t the Cavs beat them WITH KD.?
I think that was the year before KD arrived.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:13 PM   #1883
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
People to this day hold it against Malone, Stockton, Barkley et al for not winning a ring yet talk glowingly about Garnett winning a ring when he clearly chased. All ya all fucking insane.
I thought KG was traded to Boston.
Think Ainge chased him.

Last edited by rimrocker; 07-17-2021 at 10:14 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:26 PM   #1884
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I thought KG was traded to Boston.
Think Ainge chased him.
He was, but he demanded a trade. Basically did the same thing AD did then won a ring.

No one mentions AD really even though he was the most recent one to demand a trade and win one. Maybe he isn't looked at as the same category as Garnett/KD?

But I'm not sure why it's worse to let your contractual obligations conclude with a team then leave to another team all be it ringchase vs. still be under contract and put pressure on the team to trade you to a contender before you fulfilled your obligation to them.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-17-2021 at 10:33 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:49 PM   #1885
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I still think KD’s ring chase was even shittier than the rest though. Joining a team that had already been to the finals 2 years in a row and won 1. A team with the best regular season record in history. A team you were up 2-0 on in the previous year. Then you go join them?

As already stated Garnett was traded to Boston, so I don’t know that I’d count him as a ring chaser. I understand players can’t win by themselves. Personally I like watching the league being more competitive rather than teams with 2 top 10 players join forces. That said if Dame finds his way to Dallas I won’t be mad about it.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:49 PM   #1886
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I still think KD’s ring chase was even shittier than the rest though. Joining a team that had already been to the finals 2 years in a row and won 1. A team with the best regular season record in history. A team you were up 2-0 on in the previous year. Then you go join them?

As already stated Garnett was traded to Boston, so I don’t know that I’d count him as a ring chaser. I understand players can’t win by themselves. Personally I like watching the league being more competitive rather than teams with 2 top 10 players join forces. That said if Dame finds his way to Dallas I won’t be mad about it.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:51 PM   #1887
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Seems the majority have the same mentality.

If you're under contract and DEMAND your team trade you to a contender. You did nothing wrong and you didn't ring chase. You just have passion and you want to win here's a pat on the back.

But if you're out of contract and go to a contender, you're a ringchasing b*tch.

Someone will have to explain that one to me, because I don't get it. I would think the refusal to uphold your obligation of your contract that YOU agreed to, is a little worse and both are clearly ringchasing. Guess I'm in the minority.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-17-2021 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:51 PM   #1888
JustJay

If you're under contract and DEMAND your team trade you to a contender. You did nothing wrong and you didn't ring chase. You just have passion and you want to win here's a pat on the back.

But if you're out of contract and go to a contender, you're a ringchasing b*tch.

Someone will have to explain that one to me, because I don't get it. I would think the refusal to uphold your obligation of your contract that YOU agreed to, is a little worse and both are clearly ringchasing. Guess I'm in the minority.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-17-2021 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:14 PM   #1889
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post

Lakers weren’t a contender without AD. That’s obvious because the missed the playoffs the previous year.

KD joined a team that just made back-to-back finals appearances and won one. It doesn’t help that KD is considered a top 3 player in the league, and maybe the best player depending who you ask.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:14 PM   #1890
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

This whole ring chasing discussion is literally retarded. You are somehow more noble if you just happen to get drafted by a team that goes onto accumulate a lot of talent but if you go to a team that has talent already you are a bad person?? Let's move on to something interesting.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 02:28 AM   #1891
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
This whole ring chasing discussion is literally retarded. You are somehow more noble if you just happen to get drafted by a team that goes onto accumulate a lot of talent but if you go to a team that has talent already you are a bad person?? Let's move on to something interesting.
That's the thing.....so because Durant plays with Kyrie and Harden...he's not ring chasing because he got there before Harden........
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:17 AM   #1892
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not only that, but it completely undermines free agency.

It's not like Durant forced a trade to OKC. He was a fricken' free agent. Are players not allowed to go where they want? The guy wasn't going to make a lateral move from OKC either. Getting away from Westbrick was the best decision he ever made.

Why are we talking about this again? lol.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:46 AM   #1893
JustJay

Players get all the blame but organizations deserve some too. If you have a superstar and are unable to build a contender around them is that the player's fault? There's still time but the Mavs might be in the same situation as Dame one day with Luka and if they fail to put the talent around him to at least contend for a championship they deserve it.

Dirk is an example of being loyal and it worked out but it could have gone the other way. When we won the championship no one thought we were even contenders and we were not favored against at least the Lakers and Heat can't remember if we were in the other team series. Dirk doesn't win suddenly he's in the best player ever to not win a ring discussion which is a bad discussion to be involved in.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-18-2021 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:06 AM   #1894
Unicorn

Unicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really nice

https://youtu.be/vKzt5gHcrgk KP interview for Latvian TV. KP said for him is more important to win a chip than to be an nr1 gay on the team. there were no questions about his relationship with Luka
Old 07-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #1895
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
https://youtu.be/vKzt5gHcrgk KP interview for Latvian TV. KP said for him is more important to win a chip than to be an nr1 gay on the team. there were no questions about his relationship with Luka
Lol I know that's a typo, but funny.
Old 07-18-2021, 10:51 AM   #1896
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Not only that, but it completely undermines free agency.

It's not like Durant forced a trade to OKC. He was a fricken' free agent. Are players not allowed to go where they want? The guy wasn't going to make a lateral move from OKC either. Getting away from Westbrick was the best decision he ever made.

Why are we talking about this again? lol.
It happens every time Durant's gets mentioned....I don't care bout his accolades or how he got them....at the end of the day I Watch him play and I've never seen anyone like him...I'm trying to think of what weaknesses does he actually have...I can't think of any.
Old 07-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #1897
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe. Maybe not. I might be confusing teams but didn’t the Cavs beat them WITH KD.?
They did not.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:49 AM   #1898
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never said anything about nobility or KD being a good/bad person. Just that when a top 3 or so player goes to a team that was as dominant as the Warriors were at the time, and win a championship, it’s a bit of a yawn.

I don’t consider AD forcing a trade to LA, or even the Heatles as remotely similar.
Old 07-18-2021, 01:44 PM   #1899
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The horse has been beaten.

Any wild predictions or Mavs news?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 01:44 PM   #1900
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The horse has been beaten.

Any wild predictions or Mavs news?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 02:02 PM   #1901
JustJay

We're going to sign Kawhi Leonard.

It's a wild prediction, not that I believe it.
Old 07-18-2021, 02:02 PM   #1902
JustJay

We're going to sign Kawhi Leonard.

It's a wild prediction, not that I believe it.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:02 AM   #1903
FreshJive
Diamond Member

I predict that every time the Mavs win it will be because he’s better than Rick, and every time the Mavs lose it will be because Mosley would have been better than Kidd. The reason given why Kidd is better than Rick or worse than Mosley will always be something untrue that can easily be looked up like, “the Magic do more or less of x,y and z than the Mavs do”, but the Magic won’t actually do more or less than the Mavs do of x,y, or z.

Last edited by FreshJive; 07-19-2021 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:59 AM   #1904
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

NBA Key dates for 2021-2022 season
July 23 to Aug. 8: Toyko Olympics*
July 29: 2021 NBA draft
Aug. 2: Free agency negotiations can begin at 5 p.m.
Aug. 3: Official start of 2021-22 league year; brief moratorium period begins on transactions
Aug. 6: Moratorium period ends at 11:01 a.m. Central, allowing free agents to be signed and trades to be executed
Aug. 8-17: NBA Summer League in Las Vegas
Sept. 28: Training camps open
Oct. 19: Regular season begins
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:59 AM   #1905
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

NBA Key dates for 2021-2022 season
July 23 to Aug. 8: Toyko Olympics*
July 29: 2021 NBA draft
Aug. 2: Free agency negotiations can begin at 5 p.m.
Aug. 3: Official start of 2021-22 league year; brief moratorium period begins on transactions
Aug. 6: Moratorium period ends at 11:01 a.m. Central, allowing free agents to be signed and trades to be executed
Aug. 8-17: NBA Summer League in Las Vegas
Sept. 28: Training camps open
Oct. 19: Regular season begins
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:40 AM   #1906
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I predict that every time the Mavs win it will be because he’s better than Rick, and every time the Mavs lose it will be because Mosley would have been better than Kidd. The reason given why Kidd is better than Rick or worse than Mosley will always be something untrue that can easily be looked up like, “the Magic do more or less of x,y and z than the Mavs do”, but the Magic won’t actually do more or less than the Mavs do of x,y, or z.
Magic team is so bad talent wise....might be the worst in the league...if they win 20 games next year I'd consider that a plus but maybe they'd hate it because they want to have the best pick available. I don't even know who their best player is......I personally think RJ Hampton has the most potential there and hell maybe he is....but man. Sucks for Mosely he deserved a better situation than that.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:39 AM   #1907
JustJay

Only two weeks until Kawhi Leonard is a Ma.......Made man.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-19-2021 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-19-2021, 11:41 AM   #1908
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Magic team is so bad talent wise....might be the worst in the league...if they win 20 games next year I'd consider that a plus but maybe they'd hate it because they want to have the best pick available. I don't even know who their best player is......I personally think RJ Hampton has the most potential there and hell maybe he is....but man. Sucks for Mosely he deserved a better situation than that.
Nobody forced him to accept the job. I’m sure he is up to the challenge to turn the team around. They have some good young pieces to build around.
Old 07-19-2021, 11:46 AM   #1909
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Nobody forced him to accept the job. I’m sure he is up to the challenge to turn the team around. They have some good young pieces to build around.
People just aren't understanding where Mosley is in his coaching career and what the Mavs need to be next season. I was perfectly fine with the risk, but I do understand why it was perhaps unwise to put him in a position where he NEEDS to be a contending coach today.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:55 AM   #1910
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
What good young pieces? I know of Hampton....maybe Mo Bamba? The best players on their team all play the 5 spot it seems lol.

And no, no one "forced" him to accept the job but its tough to get a NBA gig it seems. If you're not a coaching retread like Stan Van Gundy, or a NBA champion like Carlisle or a ex-NBA All star, or a son of a ex-coach? Seems like not many of those guys got hired this offseason. This is probably the best gig he can get at this point.
Old 07-19-2021, 11:56 AM   #1911
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
People just aren't understanding where Mosley is in his coaching career and what the Mavs need to be next season. I was perfectly fine with the risk, but I do understand why it was perhaps unwise to put him in a position where he NEEDS to be a contending coach today.
I wasn't against it because I Don't think his is a contending team currently constructed. I mean look at Steve Nash.....he's doing absolutely nothing and he was in the playoffs.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #1912
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
What good young pieces? I know of Hampton....maybe Mo Bamba? The best players on their team all play the 5 spot it seems lol.

And no, no one "forced" him to accept the job but its tough to get a NBA gig it seems. If you're not a coaching retread like Stan Van Gundy, or a NBA champion like Carlisle or a ex-NBA All star, or a son of a ex-coach? Seems like not many of those guys got hired this offseason. This is probably the best gig he can get at this point.
Fultz, Isaac, Hampton, Bamba, cole Anthony, Wendall Carter Jr
Old 07-19-2021, 12:05 PM   #1913
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

I never understood what the Magic's thinking was last year when they divested of Vucevic, Gordon, and Fournier. It can takes years to get even that level of talent assembled, and they basically let them go in a garage sale.

Did that DeVos (sc)Amway money run low?

That said, if they are looking to further divest of an asset like Bamba, I'd dangle some combination of Cauley-Stein, Finney-Smith and/or Brunson, and see what happens. Maybe Moseley wants to work with some familiar faces.
"Here's a guy that thinks that he can win every possession of every game. ... I think part of his maturity is again knowing how to balance all those kill shots with involving teammates at the right time....That's just part of the maturity process. I think as we move forward you'll see more of an inclusive effort overall on those fronts. I do know that their supposed rift, tiff, whatever you want to call it, is way overblown." - Donnie Nelson, ex-Mavs GM

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 07-19-2021 at 12:08 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 12:31 PM   #1914
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
I never understood what the Magic's thinking was last year when they divested of Vucevic, Gordon, and Fournier. It can takes years to get even that level of talent assembled, and they basically let them go in a garage sale.

Did that DeVos (sc)Amway money run low?

That said, if they are looking to further divest of an asset like Bamba, I'd dangle some combination of Cauley-Stein, Finney-Smith and/or Brunson, and see what happens. Maybe Moseley wants to work with some familiar faces.
Yeah I mean I guess they are trying to tank and rebuild...

The thing about the Magic though is they already have a lot of young players with potential. They have Jonathan Isaacs so no need for Finney Smith. They have Markelle Fultz and just drafted Cole Anthony. No need for Brunson.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:32 PM   #1915
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Fultz, Isaac, Hampton, Bamba, cole Anthony, Wendall Carter Jr
I actually forgot all about Isaacs....to me they are simply guys with potential..I don't think none of those guys will be stars or even All stars....maybe Hampton. I just don't see high ceilings....
Old 07-19-2021, 03:08 PM   #1916
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Orlando has picks 5&8 too. They could come out of the draft with two future starters— something like Scottie Barnes and Davion Mitchell added to Bamba, WCJ, Isaac, Anthony and Hampton isn’t too bad. Probably be in top 3 next draft too. Hampton especially looks really good.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:08 PM   #1917
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Orlando has picks 5&8 too. They could come out of the draft with two future starters— something like Scottie Barnes and Davion Mitchell added to Bamba, WCJ, Isaac, Anthony and Hampton isn’t too bad. Probably be in top 3 next draft too. Hampton especially looks really good.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:55 AM   #1918
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Chad Ford: Donnie wanted Saddiq Bey. Bob overruled him and wanted Green.

Sounds like another Giannis move where Donnie was left looking foolish while we made the wrong move.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:55 AM   #1919
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like another Giannis move where Donnie was left looking foolish while we made the wrong move.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:10 AM   #1920
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

And this is why I have a issue with scapegoating Donnie for everything....we have no idea what moves he was responsible for or if he had his hands tied behind his back......the jury is still out on whether Green or Bey will be the right pick but its the fact that Bey was more NBA ready than Green was that kinda frustrates me....Green is too risky of a pick for a team who doesn't even have many picks to begin with.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks