Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Will we make a deadline trade?
No 73 41.24%
Yes, for Kevin Martin 11 6.21%
Yes, for Iggy 22 12.43%
Yes, for Stephen Jackson 12 6.78%
Yes, for Crash 1 0.56%
Yes, for a backup 4 3 1.69%
Yes, for a backup PG 4 2.26%
Yes, for Lebron 20 11.30%
Yes, for more than one player above 4 2.26%
Yes, for other player(s) 27 15.25%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I'm still not nearly as concerned about a backup for dirk as I am a replacement for caron/sg..someone consistent to count on for scoring.

Dirk's backup will be shawn if they get that guy.. If not, it doesn't matter who his backup really is imo.
I'd rather not move Marion back to power forward if we don't have to. It's one thing if Caron is healthy, but I'd rather take this opportunity to leave Marion at small forward where he really belongs. With a healthy Roddy, I think the Mavericks have enough to make the 1 through 3 spots work. They just need to find a decent backup at power forward so that we aren't forced to give all the backup minutes to Brian Cardinal. Maybe that's Mahinmi? Maybe it's someone that we need to trade for? I don't quite know for sure, but I don't want to suddenly get desperate and make a panic trade.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I'd rather not move Marion back to power forward if we don't have to. It's one thing if Caron is healthy, but I'd rather take this opportunity to leave Marion at small forward where he really belongs. With a healthy Roddy, I think the Mavericks have enough to make the 1 through 3 spots work. They just need to find a decent backup at power forward so that we aren't forced to give all the backup minutes to Brian Cardinal. Maybe that's Mahinmi? Maybe it's someone that we need to trade for? I don't quite know for sure, but I don't want to suddenly get desperate and make a panic trade.
I think Marion can still play backup PF minutes and super sub at SF if we move Stevenson from SG to SF and up his workload from 15 minutes to 20 minutes (he has been averaging 20 over the last five anyways). DoJo/Roddy/JET should be enough firepower and skill to man the SG spot.

The lack of DoJo/Roddy/good JET is forcing us to play Stevenson at 2 and extend minutes to Cardinal at 4.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They just need to find a decent backup at power forward so that we aren't forced to give all the backup minutes to Brian Cardinal. Maybe that's Mahinmi? Maybe it's someone that we need to trade for? I don't quite know for sure, but I don't want to suddenly get desperate and make a panic trade.
They really don't see Ian as a 4, he's seen as a 5.

I'm more inclined to think if they go for a trade - it's for a wing and Marion sticks to doing what he's done all year: 50/50 split
Old 01-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
They really don't see Ian as a 4, he's seen as a 5.

I'm more inclined to think if they go for a trade - it's for a wing and Marion sticks to doing what he's done all year: 50/50 split
It's funny though, I've read all of his old scouting reports and it looks like he was considered a prospect at power forward. I think the Spurs considered him a PF/C too as it looks like he got some minutes at the power forward when he played for their NBDL affiliate. He also seemed to like catching the ball 10 feet or so from the basket, facing up, and driving on his man when I watched him play in summer league. I wonder why they don't think he's capable of playing backup minutes at the power forward spot. It would surely give a nice boost to our rebounding (which we could sorely use right now).

I also really wish we would take the opportunity to put Marion back into the role that he's best at - small forward. Why shoehorn him back into a role as backup power forward if you don't have to? You don't have to play Mahinmi as your backup four, I'm simply spitballing here. But if you don't think that guy is on your roster, maybe you make a trade for a guy who is a backup four that frees Marion to play all of his minutes at small forward again.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 01-02-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

My sources are telling me that it's dependent on Roddy. If he's able to get going by the end of February, then they'll hold the course - maybe a minor move. If not, they'll make a strong push for a wing player.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My sources are telling me that it's dependent on Roddy. If he's able to get going by the end of February, then they'll hold the course - maybe a minor move. If not, they'll make a strong push for a wing player.
What does "get going" mean? Does that mean just getting on the court in a game? Or getting going on the court the way he did against the Spurs in the playoffs last year? The latter seems to make more sense as a litmus test for a trade.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
What does "get going" mean? Does that mean just getting on the court in a game? Or getting going on the court the way he did against the Spurs in the playoffs last year? The latter seems to make more sense as a litmus test for a trade.
I think they see step 1 "get going" as a prelude to the latter. Getting him back on the court and playing with no setbacks, if that can happen sooner rather than later then they're confident he'll get back into that groove.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

End of stinking FEBURARY!! Good grief......what has it been 6 months?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I think we try to tap that Charlotte well again. We already pillaged them for Chandler and Ajinca and somehow they have Najera/Carroll/Diop haha.

Someone suggested Butler/JJB for Jackson/Livingston. I think that's a good basis for a deal. May have to include a first and cash so that's MJ can present it for more than just cap savings. On the contracts alone, Charlotte saves 19M with SJax and then another 3.5-7M off Livingston as both Butler/JJB are expirings.

Jackson can easily take up the 30 minutes Butler was averaging and is a nastier defender as well. Something would need to be done to reign in his shot selection and turnovers but otherwise, he is as good of a Robin candidate as anybody on this team.

Livingston can play JJB's role pretty well. He doesn't distribute or penetrate as well but is a more efficient scorer and better shooter. I think his length will be a boon to our zone as well.

EDIT: Rick coached SJ in Indy so Rick will be a good sanity check as well.

Last edited by rabbitproof; 01-02-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

I can see the logic for the Mavericks if they do something minor - either a PF or SF move but not a homerun deal.

Marion has finished his fair share of games at the SF position this year and it's been successful. They'll be assuming Roddy can fill in from a scoring perspective, roughly 16-17 a night.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #11
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can see the logic for the Mavericks if they do something minor - either a PF or SF move but not a homerun deal.

Marion has finished his fair share of games at the SF position this year and it's been successful. They'll be assuming Roddy can fill in from a scoring perspective, roughly 16-17 a night.
Agreed but the problem is that Roddy has been out so long and he will be rusty when/if he comes back!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Agreed but the problem is that Roddy has been out so long and he will be rusty when/if he comes back!
If they're not forcing Dirk and/or Marion back...that should tell you they're thinking macro and not micro. They'll take the speed-bumps along the way to get right when it's absolutely necessary.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #13
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If they're not forcing Dirk and/or Marion back...that should tell you they're thinking macro and not micro. They'll take the speed-bumps along the way to get right when it's absolutely necessary.
If they do that it should be a good sign that they learned that the regular season record is not that important.

That´s why i wrote to give the Kidd the one or the other day off, but without Dirk, Marion., Butler and Roddy out you can´t do that.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #14
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I'm not sure if that timeline makes sense though. Isn't the trade deadline in the middle of February?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 01-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #15
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I'm not sure if that timeline makes sense though. Isn't the trade deadline in the middle of February?
It's the last week of February. Then that means the thought is he can go, he's 100% and setbacks shouldn't be an issue.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, middle of february.

So basically we have like one month for Roddy to come back and the then a few games to "evaluate" him.

And we have like a month to decide if we trust Butler to be healthy (!) in the playoffs.

Dont like it..
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #17
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Stephen Jackson
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Stephen Jackson
i think that would kill our team chemistry.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #19
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
i think that would kill our team chemistry.
Why you think that?

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #20
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe also a solution (and kind of insurance). Send three million for a buyout and resign Stevenson.

http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5795339
Old 01-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #21
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk about SJax is depressing me. I find it much more comfortable to hope for a strong return from Booby and a minor move to shore up the forward depth.

I wonder what the chances are that Peja eventually gets bought out (and gets healthy). Either by the Raps or whichever team they manage to trade him to.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #22
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
All this talk about SJax is depressing me. I find it much more comfortable to hope for a strong return from Booby and a minor move to shore up the forward depth.

I wonder what the chances are that Peja eventually gets bought out (and gets healthy). Either by the Raps or whichever team they manage to trade him to.
We could hope for Gerald Wallace... but I think that would require the surrender of possibly two firsts.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #23
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
We could hope for Gerald Wallace... but I think that would require the surrender of possibly two firsts.
I would prefer Jackson on the cheap, Geralds a great player when healthy, problem is 1 or 2 more concussions and he will be forced to give it up

Last edited by mavs777; 01-02-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #24
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
problem is 1 or 2 more concessions and he will be forced to give it up
Isn't that what concession means?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #25
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Isn't that what concession means?
concussion you know what I meant
Old 01-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #26
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
I think its more depressing to put all hope to full recovery of two heavily injured player within the next two months.

Ah and names like Peja and Joe Alexander (biggest draft bust of the past years) are depressing.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy moving threevenson to the 3 so I'd be happy with either a 2 or 3. Wallace would be a coup but he's basically a Marion upgrade.

Sjax is a waste but could pick it up here with dirk

I'd def take iggy or Martin over everything else
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #28
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'm happy moving threevenson to the 3 so I'd be happy with either a 2 or 3. Wallace would be a coup but he's basically a Marion upgrade.

Sjax is a waste but could pick it up here with dirk

I'd def take iggy or Martin over everything else
S-Jax does take a TON of terrible shots but he is versatile and intense. and can post up smaller players and pass well out of the double if it comes. if he comes cheap (Butler, a pick, filler) we should probably jump on that.

i think Martin, G.Wallace and even Iggy are all preferable to S-Jax but will cost more. it would be counter productive to give up Roddy and/or multiple 1sts. and i think thats the only way you're getting any of those 3. unless you get a 3rd team involved to add young cheap talent for expirings(guys like Anthony Randolph)and that gets tricky.

another issue is none of the guys above are exactly the picture of health. Iggy's out the next 5 games or so.

Last edited by mac222b; 01-02-2011 at 06:57 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #29
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

I'm gonna miss Tuff Juice.

Last edited by MavsFTR; 01-02-2011 at 07:04 PM.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like roddy is a way overrated piece. Potential is cheap and we've had a Lot of success without him. It's about right now for us. In 3-6 years we'll be a rebuilding team.

I don't wanna nix our amazing chemistry so I wouldn't touch Marion, Kidd, dirk, Chandler or even Stevenson. Jjb, Haywood, butler (as an expiring possible insurance policy guy), roddy...everyone but our core should be available

We just need a vet that can fit in and be ready with the team by the playoffs.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-02-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #31
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

How about Tawn?

He fills out the forward rotation, is okay starting or off the bench, generates his own offense and could be had for Butler+Ajinca salary-wise. Cleveland gets a young big prospect and also saves 15M next year.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #32
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
How about Tawn?

He fills out the forward rotation, is okay starting or off the bench, generates his own offense and could be had for Butler+Ajinca salary-wise. Cleveland gets a young big prospect and also saves 15M next year.
Unless he is quick enough to play the 3 it really is no with his contract
Old 01-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #33
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
Unless he is quick enough to play the 3 it really is no with his contract
He's been playing most of his minutes at the 3 this year. He and Marion could basically split all the three minutes and backup four minutes to 30 each.

I'd love to see Marion and Jamison play together. Must be the goofiest shot sequences ever.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #34
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

AJ would be a very nice pick up as the primary backup at both forward spots. But I do tend to think the monetary cost would be seen as prohibitive.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #35
mavs777
Diamond Member

I am not sure he can handle the 3 defensivley who knows
Old 01-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #36
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a possibility that we don't trade Caron and just wait for him to get healthy? All of these names being thrown out don't really impress me tbh, if it's only a two month injury (Hopefully) I think we'd make it without Butler. I really like what Butler brings to this team, and he was just starting to take over that "Robin" role. I think if this isn't a season-ending injury we should be patient. I know I'm probably in the minority on this one, but it's something to think about.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Is there a possibility that we don't trade Caron and just wait for him to get healthy? All of these names being thrown out don't really impress me tbh, if it's only a two month injury (Hopefully) I think we'd make it without Butler. I really like what Butler brings to this team, and he was just starting to take over that "Robin" role. I think if this isn't a season-ending injury we should be patient. I know I'm probably in the minority on this one, but it's something to think about.
I think waiting on Caron is the most likely scenario at this point actually.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #38
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think waiting on Caron is the most likely scenario at this point actually.
And the dumbest one imo, Caron has already lost some of his explosion and this injury seems like something that would hurt his quickness even more
Old 01-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #39
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And the dumbest one imo, Caron has already lost some of his explosion and this injury seems like something that would hurt his quickness even more
Sigh.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #40
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't want to but I have to agree with you.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flushbane, i hate dumars, return of the quack!, strike 17 for cadban?, thanks mods! more cadban!