Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #241
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
ESPN Radio has a horrible post game show.
Better than nothing. Thanks Dtown !
Old 03-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #242
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfast View Post
That hurts, Cavs were sure to be tough at home but this team has no onions.
Yea like I said in another post that 15 point lead wasn't safe at all. Mo Williams and Lebron were sucking. And to the Mavs credit JET and Dirk weren't playing well either. Mo and Lebron stepped up and Dirk and JET continued to suck. Cavs played some great defense as well.

The Mavs started the game feeding Damp and hitting the 3 ball well. When the Mavs hit the 3 ball well its a gift and a curse. When they start the game off 3-4 from the field you know it will even out by the end of the game because they're a horrible 3 point shooting team. They kept launching them and they kept not going on. When JET isn't shooting well he offers nothing. If he's not hitting shots at the very least he's a decoy. But he did nothing well. He threw horrible passes which ended up in fastbreak points.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #243
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Did we not shoot 6-31 or some ridiculous 3pt % in a recent game?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #244
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Better than nothing. Thanks Dtown !
Yea I shouldn't say horrible I just don't think the guys on there know what they're talking about half of the time. And their bits suck. But right after the game there's some good stuff as far as post game interviews and what not.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #245
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Well, this game was a shocker. Hopefully Phx wins tonight against Sacramento. This type of game is what Mav fans will see against the Lakers.
Hopefully Phoenix wins tonight? Doesn't that mean we'd be only up by 2 1/2 games and we play them next Sunday?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #246
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well, this game was a shocker. Hopefully Phx wins tonight against Sacramento. This type of game is what Mav fans will see against the Lakers.
Not at all because the Lakers dont have a guy like Mo. And so we will be able to switch up Kidd/Wright on Kobe instead of both of them getting tired.

Do you realize how much it takes out of a player to guard LBJ???

Kidd/Wright were great today..especially in the 1st half

WE have a much better shot at the Lakers IMO....If josh come back with his head strait and can contribute, even better.

GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #247
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Stown, the Mavs have to be 7th ord 9th. There is only two ways that can happen. Phx moves up and takes 8th, or the other teams slide down and Dallas (by them sliding) is pushed up to 7th.

8th place would be like Morehead State making the NCAA tournament. Sure it is nive to be in the playoffs, but just like Morehead State wouldn't have a prayer against the number 1 seed, the Mavs don't have a prayer against LA.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #248
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WE have a much better shot at the Lakers IMO....If josh come back with his head strait and can contribute, even better.
Not this year. And not last year either (after the Gasol trade).

If you go by history, you are sadly mistaken. The Mavs have always sucked at Staples. And then the Lakers are way more talented. The Mavs would be lucky to win a single game.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #249
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Stown, the Mavs have to be 7th ord 9th. There is only two ways that can happen. Phx moves up and takes 8th, or the other teams slide down and Dallas (by them sliding) is pushed up to 7th.

8th place would be like Morehead State making the NCAA tournament. Sure it is nive to be in the playoffs, but just like Morehead State wouldn't have a prayer against the number 1 seed, the Mavs don't have a prayer against LA.
I agree but I just don't see your reasoning in wanting the Suns to win against the Kings. Kings are playing for the lottery. Suns are still in this race. Everyone around here is confident that 5-8 are battling each other but the Suns are still in this. If the Suns move up to 8th that would mean the Mavs would be out of the post season. Spurs face the Hornets tonight which could benefit the Mavs if the Spurs pull it out.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #250
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Not at all because the Lakers dont have a guy like Mo. And so we will be able to switch up Kidd/Wright on Kobe instead of both of them getting tired.

Do you realize how much it takes out of a player to guard LBJ???

Kidd/Wright were great today..especially in the 1st half

GO MAVS
I understand your being the optimistic fan and its appreciated around here but there's absolutely nothing i've seen from this team this year that leads me to believe we can compete with the Lakers. Lakers play down to their opponents level and the Mavs still haven't pulled out a game with them. The Mavs stopped Lebron in the 1st half and still only managed a 2 point lead. The Lakers are more than Kobe. If Kobe had a pedestrian 20 point game on 9-22 shooting the Lakers still have a lot of fire power to pull those games out. Kobe isn't my fear. He's going to get 30 a night. My fear is Bynum, Gasol, Odom and Ariza. Those guys just pose matchup nightmares for the Mavs with their length.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #251
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yea I shouldn't say horrible I just don't think the guys on there know what they're talking about half of the time. And their bits suck. But right after the game there's some good stuff as far as post game interviews and what not.
Really crappy. I heard the NBA jingle about 10 times. No presser. But OK. It´s not a that big problem.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #252
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Well I started the Lakers one and it almost worked for us. I started a tough one early in the year too and we lost that. Soo I am 0-2, but I am confident in myself and soo I say GO Mavs and I think we can win this : )
horseshoes and hand grenades

no more GDTs for you
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #253
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I may put my 2-0 record in GDT's to the test on Tuesday, unless someone else wants to step up. We just need a win. In my GDT career I've never lost
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gdt 08/09, i take it back, slaughterhouse, washington generals, well..... what's new?