Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-14-2011, 03:14 AM   #201
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post

And then he goes off and just can't help himself from throwing a personal shot at someone and I decide that you know what, he deserves it now. Sure, call a guy stupid for his opinions or a dick for his actions, but commenting on the personal life of someone whose personal life you don't even have a clue about isn't clever, or funny, or insulting. Its just kind of stupid...
Yes, because that shot was COMPLETELY, 100% UNPROVOKED. RIGHT!? RIGHT!? Oh wait...

"Meds ain't cheap in this economy!"

"The rest of your post is nothing but classic Cadbane trolling - get over yourself, guy..."

Last edited by CadBane; 01-14-2011 at 03:16 AM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #202
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Yes, because that shot was COMPLETELY, 100% UNPROVOKED. RIGHT!? RIGHT!? Oh wait...

"The rest of your post is nothing but classic Cadbane trolling - get over yourself, guy..."

Yeah, because MY comments were made completely unprovoked...

The "meds" comment was a jab (after you started trying to "bet" me money over the interwebs), but the other one is factual - you were trolling for a fight, all because I didn't agree with you about a 15-21 team being a lock for a playoff spot when there's 46 games left to play...

And now you're not even pretending to talk about basketball anymore, just lobbing personal attacks at somebody you don't even know all because I don't agree with you about the Charlotte Bobcats being a shoe-in for a playoff spot...

Quote:
You can be confident in the inverse. I.E. I'm confident that it's not a sure thing UD will ever get married.
Seriously, you don't know a f*cking thing about me, but now you're claiming I'll never get married? You're 6 years too late to make that bet, kid...

You got that link to your fantasy football team yet? I'd love to see some evidence of your superiority because I can't quite figure out what makes you think you're so great that you can talk down to everybody...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #203
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What does that have to do with anything? You take shots at users you disagree with. Some of those users reply in the like...you're surprised? You think that people are just going to let you insult them without taking offense to it?

The example you provide above is, in and of itself, accurate. In that specific comment, there was some "provoking". In many more of your comments, there are not. Some simple digging could provide many instances where you throw crap around at people.

I don't have the time and I honestly don't care this much to go through and find specific examples. I can give you one, at least, though. This thread ring a bell? Let's see...I can live with "poorly defined opinions". You're just stating you disagree, albeit in a way that makes people dislike you. However, "You wonder why people treat you like a 12 year old kid", as you can see, besides being inaccurate, was entirely unprovoked. The best "insult" I had was to call you a troll. There was a reason I didn't reply, and trust me, I wanted to: I told myself exchanging petty taunts with some dude on the internet who cannot even hold a serious basketball debate without telling the other guy how retarded his opinion is. I was honestly giving my reasoning for the tag/post debate, even with some slight sympathy, and you're response is to call my opinions stupid. Not reply, telling me why they're stupid...just stupid.

So there you go. Make up some insult about how I'm a fat computer nerd who nobody likes (based on the overwhelming evidence that I have 6000+ posts on a message board...I have to be, right?!) or maybe just ignore it. Possibly isolate parts of it, pointing out how stupid I am or something. Or, reply to the thing as a whole, giving legitimate reasons to what I said...if you did that, I would actually have a little more respect for you. Cue the insult about how nobody respects me, so you don't care, or something of that ilk, but whatever. I made my point.

Last edited by tcat075; 01-14-2011 at 10:31 AM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #204
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

there really needs to be a more consistent flow of games...or the Mavericks need to win.

this is entertaining but it is hovering towards tired head.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-14-2011 at 11:36 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #205
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
confidence (n): the quality or state of being certain

So, just let me get this straight. You are telling me it makes sense to say, "I'm confident that X is uncertain." In other words, "I'm certain that X is uncertain"?. That's deep, man.

And of course, the real point here is that UD was actually conveying the exact opposite of "confidence," despite how you tried to paint it. He was plainly stating that he didn't know what would happen. That is the opposite of confidence. That is humility and a willingness to cede to the uncertainty of sports. You seem to be unfamiliar with that concept.

One could say, I am confident/certain that Susie is uncertain about changing a tire. Sure it sounds stupid and pointless but I think one could weave their way thru that terminology.

CAD: It's pretty gay to say you would glady eat crow on Tyson Chandler! In your fantasy would he be wearing any clothes?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-14-2011 at 12:05 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #206
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can be certain that something is uncertain. Not that complicated.

http://www.realization.com/pdf/silicon_india.pdf
I'm bothered that you seem to not realize this is a purposefully oxymoronic periodical title meant to be catchy.

But since I've been bested by Silicon India, I'll go ahead and make some super-confident (!) predictions about some things:

-I'm 100% confident the Patriots are not a sure thing to win the Super Bowl.

-I'm supremely confident it's uncertain that it will reach 70 degrees in Dallas next Wednesday.

Pats win the Super Bowl? I'm right! After all, all I said was "they're not a sure thing." Maybe they win a close game and I seem even more right (even though I never predicted that). Pats don't win the super bowl? I'm still right! The high is 75 in Dallas next Wednesday? The high is 42? I'm right either way!

This is great. My confidence is well-founded. I can never be wrong! I am awesome.

....seriously, man, do you not see how the word "confidence" is stripped of all meaning in these contexts? There are no stakes. I can throw as much worthless "confidence" out there as I want, because I can never be right or wrong. Let me put it this way: if you bet UD with him taking the side that the Bobcats "aren't a sure thing to make the playoffs," he will win that bet 100% of the time.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-14-2011 at 12:33 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #207
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm bothered that you seem to not realize this is a purposefully oxymoronic periodical title meant to be catchy.

But since I've been bested by Silicon India, I'll go ahead and make some super-confident (!) predictions about some things:

-I'm supremely confident it's uncertain that it will reach 70 degrees in Dallas next Wednesday.

Pats win the Super Bowl? I'm right! After all, all I said was "they're not a sure thing." Maybe they win a close game and I seem even more right (even though I never predicted that). Pats don't win the super bowl? I'm still right! The high is 75 in Dallas next Wednesday? The high is 42? I'm right either way!

This is great. My confidence is well-founded. I can never be wrong! I am awesome.

....seriously, man, do you not see how the word "confidence" is stripped of all meaning in these contexts? There are no stakes. I can throw as much worthless "confidence" out there as I want, because I can never be right or wrong. Let me put it this way: if you bet UD with him taking the side that the Bobcats "aren't a sure thing to make the playoffs," he will win that bet 100% of the time.
Side-note: I am glad you reference the Patriots....carry on.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #208
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

WHERE'S THE GDGDT??

Old 01-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #209
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We'll see then, won't we?
The Bobcats ending up in the playoffs would not prove you're point that they are a "sure thing" right now, why don't you get that? Maybe you believe in predestination?

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-14-2011 at 03:53 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #210
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What does that have to do with anything? You take shots at users you disagree with. Some of those users reply in the like...you're surprised? You think that people are just going to let you insult them without taking offense to it?
You just don't GET IT. Those comments by UD were 100% unprovoked. Read what he even said above. Show me where I insulted him FIRST. Go ahead. F'ing sheep.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #211
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
The Bobcats ending up in the playoffs would not prove you're point that they are a "sure thing" right now, why don't you get that? Maybe you believe in predestination?
Ohhh...so you mean there's no way you can be proven wrong and no way I can be proven right! I get it.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #212
SMC0007
Guru

Someone say something about sheep??

Old 01-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #213
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ohhh...so you mean there's no way you can be proven wrong and no way I can be proven right! I get it.
Basically, just like LHD's Patriots and weather example.. if I'm betting that it's uncertain if they make the playoffs, I would be right either way:

Quote:
I'll go ahead and make some super-confident (!) predictions about some things:

But I'm also saying it's a dumb bet to compare epeen size by even at the expensive of my can't-lose stance.

Let's look at it this way. I think it is possible (actually, I KNOW it's possible) that the Bobcats make the playoffs... but for the sake of argument lets say my stance is that they will NOT make the playoffs. FOR SURE. And lets say you say they WILL make the playoffs. FOR SURE.

If they miss the playoffs, that doesn't mean that I was 100% justified in my pick. It doesn't mean I know something you don't. It means I got lucky and luck rolled their team's way for the last 46 games. That means they gelled, the other east teams continued to suck, the coach honeymoon period stretched out the perfect amount of time, no one got injured, Sjax didn't kill anyone, Wallace doesn't get caught boning some underage girl, MJ doesn't decide to suit up and play SG..... basically, it means a lot of things happened that I did not foresee and it ended up making it seem like I knew sh*t all along, even though I didn't.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-14-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #214
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Basically, but I'm also saying it's a dumb bet even at the expensive of my can't-lose stance.

Let's look at it this way. I think it is possible (actually, I KNOW it's possible) that the Bobcats make the playoffs... but for the sake of argument lets say my stance is that they will NOT make the playoffs. FOR SURE. And lets say you say they WILL make the playoffs. FOR SURE.

If they miss the playoffs, that doesn't mean that I was 100% justified in my pick. It doesn't mean I know something you don't. It means I got lucky and luck rolled their team's way for the last 46 games. That means they gelled, the other east teams continued to suck, the coach honeymoon period stretched out the perfect amount of time, no one got injured, Sjax didn't kill anyone, Wallace doesn't get caught boning some underage girl, MJ doesn't decide to suit up and play SG..... basically, it means a lot of things happened that I did not foresee and it ended up making it seem like I knew sh*t all along, even though I didn't.
Oh good lord, are you serious?

Yeah, if the Patriots mean the Super Bowl, it doesn't mean I knew anything! It just means I was lucky Tom Brady didn't get arrested for cocaine possession and Coach Hoodie didn't have a heart attack.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #215
fluid.forty.one

I was obviously joking with some of those examples, but my point remains the same.

You're right.. if everything stays 100% the same as it is today, they would end up the 8th seed... because that is what they are on pace for... But there's a REASON we play those last 46 games. Things don't stay the same. I'd say there's a .01% chance that the standings end up exactly how they are today. Nothing is "for sure".

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-14-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #216
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I was obviously joking with some of those examples, but my point remains the same.
Well certainly it was uncertain that your were. I wouldn't bet that you weren't, but I can't be so super-confident about it.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #217
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The problem from the outset has been that you're not framing the discussion the same way they're framing the discussion. You made a predictive statement about the future ("Bobcats will make the playoffs."). UD made a non-predictive statement of present fact ("It is not a sure thing that they'll make the playoffs.")

You can either be right or wrong. We'll know in April.

But UD is already right no matter what, because what he said doesn't depend on the outcome. He was never debating whether the Bobcats will make the playoffs--he was debating your absolute certainty of something that is inherently uncertain.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-14-2011 at 06:11 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #218
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Well certainly it was uncertain that your were. I wouldn't bet that you weren't, but I can't be so super-confident about it.
hmm... you're right, of course. I think.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #219
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You just don't GET IT. Those comments by UD were 100% unprovoked. Read what he even said above. Show me where I insulted him FIRST. Go ahead. F'ing sheep.
Unprovoked?

If you're talking about the "meds" comment, then you must have totally ignored your bit right before that where you were trying to get me to bet on a false opposite you created. It was annoying, unnecessary and it completely missed the point I was making (and you're obviously still missing the point...)

But you're not interested in debating the Bobcats playoff chances - this is your big "F*ck You" to everyone who you think was responsible for you getting banned (as if it wasn't completely your own fault)... God be damned if you'll pass up an opportunity to sh!t all over this forum again.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #220
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes it isn't what you say but how you say it that counts....

Thank you, and goodnight.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #221
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sort of sensing the ghost of drbio here...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #222
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Possibly isolate parts of it, pointing out how stupid I am or something.
Quote:
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cadban makes friends, calumny, i too get it!!, mods missing in action, return of the quack!, strike 17 for cadban?, trollbane, trollbane...getit!?!?