Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future
Default Two part conference finals question

1. Will the rest hurt the Mavs?

This team has been playing at a high level and with a lot of emotion and intensity constantly for two weeks now. With all this time off, against a young OKC/Grizz team that is sure to enter the conference finals with a lot of momentum, will it put the Mavs at a disadvantage?

2. Who would you rather face? I'll take the Grizz.

Last edited by Nowitzness81; 05-08-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

The rest is good but too long often results in rust!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

I would prefer OKC. Durant hasn't played that well against us and Westbrick looked completely lost against the zone. The Grizz have a very tough frontline and good perimeter defenders. Thus, definitely OKC.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

I think it may cool down their shooting, but that would have happened eventually anyway. This team has shown it wins with defense, and that is what will carry them. Durant's explosiveness scares me when pertaining to the Thunder, while the Grizzlies defense and simply their role as the underdog will give them a boost.

I think the Mavericks should win either way. Just don't touch the lineups or mess up this chemistry.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

We can guard Westbrook and Durant. Not saying we can't guard the Grizz, but it'll be harder. I'd take the Thunder by a mile.

Anyway: Kidd will have a hard time in both series on the defensive end. Good he gets some rest. Will need it vs. the kids.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness81 View Post
1. Will the rest hurt the Mavs?

This team has been playing at a high level and with a lot of emotion and intensity constantly for two weeks now. With all this time off, against a young OKC/Grizz team that is sure to enter the conference finals with a lot of momentum, will it put the Mavs at a disadvantage?

2. Who would you rather face? I'll take the Grizz.
1. No, every game is an individual game, I do not believe in "game to game" momentum
2. Grizz, but its close.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
We can guard Westbrook and Durant. Not saying we can't guard the Grizz, but it'll be harder. I'd take the Thunder by a mile.

Anyway: Kidd will have a hard time in both series on the defensive end. Good he gets some rest. Will need it vs. the kids.
Westbrook is the type of guard who gives Kidd trouble.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

we could win against both teams.not worried,we have yet destroy the lakers!!!!
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Rest is good. Especially for Kidd. You could clearly see that Kidd was tired today.

I am a little bit concerned about a long series in the next round(s). Kidd can't play a long series on a high level...and JJB vs. Wade or Rose will be brutal...

Last edited by markus1234; 05-08-2011 at 05:39 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
mavs777
Diamond Member

Scoops callahan (sp) just did his funny shit
Old 05-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Rest is good. Especially for Kidd. You could clearly see that Kidd was tired today.
Agree... all the 3-pt attempts were tired-legs short.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Rest is amazing. Best case scenario.

Both teams are going to be extremely tough but the Griz seem to own us... so I guess the Thunder?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

The rest will be good in the long run, no question Mavs could be a little rusty offensively their first game but they play D like they did this series then it wont matter. No question I would rather see OKC just for the fact that Grizz have a potent low post threat which makes playing D tougher.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #14
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

We beat the Thunder minus Dirk, in Oklahoma City, and lost to them by 4 at home minus Dirk and Caron. We beat them by 8 when both teams were healthy early in the year. On paper, though, I feel like we match up better against the Grizzlies, but results can't really lie, can they?
Old 05-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk just said they're going to have some intense practices this week to keep the rust off...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #16
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Westbrook is the type of guard who gives Kidd trouble.
He won't guard him in my world. Stevenson neither.

Last edited by j0Shi; 05-08-2011 at 06:03 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Rest is great for this veteran team - both Memphis and OKC are young teams, we're gonna need the fresh legs...

Old 05-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #18
nwtzk

nwtzk is on a distinguished road

Thunder. They don't have enough playoff experience.

Pure Awesomeness
nwtzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #19
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I already laid out my case in the General NBA thread so I'll copy and paste it over here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Give me the Thunder. I don't like the prospect of facing up against Z-Bo at all as I don't think we really have anyone who can defend him well. Plus the Memphis guards are pretty stout defensively and the key to our run has been the increased production of JET and Kidd in the postseason. If they come crashing down to earth again we may in trouble.

As for the Thunder, you've already noted that Marion is about as good of a Durant defender as you can get. While Westbrook seems like a potentially scary matchup for us, all I can do is look at the numbers he's posted against us in the last two seasons, and they haven't been good at all. Plus if Westbrook wants to play hero against us, I'm willing to let him do so because he's just about the most inefficient member of their offense right now.

You are right that Ibaka seems to be about as ideal of a Dirk defender as one can think of, but it's not like Dirk has had much trouble against the Thunder in the ~50 minutes he played against the Thunder this season (he absolutely torched them). Even though that's a pretty limited sample to draw from, I'm also of the opinion that Dirk is unguardable one-on-one right now so I'll take my chances against Ibaka even if he is long and super athletic. I think the most underrated aspect of the Thunder matchup is that it will free up Chandler to be a beast again whereas facing up against Randolph is going to be another bad defensive matchup that could result in more foul trouble for our big guy.

I'll take the Thunder, who I think get overrated because everyone loves Durant so much. And whether or not they are truly overrated, we seem to do pretty well against them anyways. It seems strange to fear a 8th seed in the Western Conference Finals, but I'm not a huge fan of the Memphis matchup. And it's not like our franchise has had the best history with 8th seeds...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #20
Underdog

No practice tomorrow, Mavs getting a day off.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #21
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

The rest is great

and gimme the Grizz. We have quality size and match up better in the backcourt

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #22
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

OKC all the way, but I get the feeling we are going to play Memphis...I am a little nervous because the Lakers did not play well at all...This makes the Mavs a little over confident. Memphis or OKC will not be a sweep...My guess a minimum 6 or 7 game series.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #23
Underdog

I don't care which team we get - both will be a challenge in different ways, but we're equipped to handle either of them.

If necessary, Game 7 between OKC & Memphis would be a week from today - that's hella rest for our veterans...

Old 05-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #24
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Question... if the OKC/Memphis series wraps up before the eastern conference ones, would our series start? Or do we wait until everyone is in their conference finals?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #25
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

wrong thread

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-08-2011 at 06:26 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #26
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Rest is amazing. Best case scenario.

Both teams are going to be extremely tough but the Griz seem to own us... so I guess the Thunder?
I feel if we keep up this level of play, we can beat anybody. So I wouldn't mind either team.

The Lakers seemed to have our number in the regular season, especially towards the later half of it and look what just happened when the games count.

This Mavs team is built to win a championship NOW.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 05-08-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #27
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Rest is good for veteran teams....I don't believe in too much rest is bad...that's some BS

Personally I would rather face Memphis...I don't care what happened during the season....Memphis is overachieving without Rudy Gay....if we can handle LA's size we handle Gasol and Zbo....Zbo is nice but he's no Dirk....Conley can be held in check

However we have no answer for Durantula or Westbrook
Old 05-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #28
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I feel if we keep up this level of play, we can beat anybody. So I wouldn't mind either team.

The Lakers seemed to have our number in the regular season, especially towards the later half of it and look what just happened when the games count.

This Mavs team is built to win a championship NOW.
+1
Old 05-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #29
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
This.

There's no reason to be worried about the regular season losses to these teams. But if you are, remember that the loss to the Thunder and one of the losses to the Grizzles were during the period Dirk wasn't playing. The other two Grizzlies wins were by one point each, and our lone win against them was a blowout.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-08-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #30
Underdog

I know one thing the Mavs won't be lacking in the next round is confidence...

Portland might be a better team than either Memphis or OKC and we just de-throned the champs in a sweep.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #31
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

1) I'll take the rest for this team. We're old enough, Kidd especially, that we need the rest if we want to make a long playoff run. We can shake off the rust after a game or two if we have any, but we can't get much rest mid series.

2) Both Thunder and Griz will be challenges and neither can be overlooked. Both have played well this post season and either will have beaten two good teams to make it to the WCF. I really just hope they beat up on each other physically and emotionally so that we can capitalize in the WCF. I think we can beat either team if we stay focused like we were against the Lakers...but either team can also upset us!!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #32
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

1) Normally, I would not like the rest, especially when you're hot and on a 6 game winning streak...but given the age of this team and key people (Kidd)...rest will no doubt be a help, and given that he's the Field General that directs nearly everything on the floor...the Rest is freakin AWESOME!!!

2) Who do I want to see them play...at this point, it doesn't matter...either team is going to be a huge challenge, after all it is the Western Conference Finals. Now the thing that concerns me is that you don't appear to have "Trust" issues with either the Thunder or the Grizz. At least I haven't heard any off the court rumors about a players wife getting a teammates fiance to break off the engagement...

The Mavs did great and what they had to do...but there is no doubt, this Lakers team was not playing on all cylinders and the Mavs must stay focused without getting over confident.

This will be a challenging week, as a fan...time to focus on Work and catch up on some things that I'm dragging on as a result of Mavs watching insanity :-)

We are 7-9 days aware from WCF...while Kobe and company start day one of WTF ;-)
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #33
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

It really doesn't matter. To the finals we go!

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #34
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It's coming again: '06
Old 05-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #35
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I'm personally hopping the Memphis/OKC series goes seven games our vets could use the rest.

As for who we play I feel we match up well with either team, but I do not think we will see a sweep again regardless.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #36
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
This.

There's no reason to be worried about the regular season losses to these teams. But if you are, remember that the loss to the Thunder and one of the losses to the Grizzles were during the period Dirk wasn't playing. The other two Grizzlies wins were by one point each, and our lone win against them was a blowout.
2 of the Grizzlies losses were without Tyson
Old 05-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #37
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I've already posted my thoughts on this in another thread, so I won't parrot them here.

Ultimately, I think the teams are so close that I'd prefer to avoid the player that I feel like could go off and beat us by himself. So give me Memphis.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I've already posted my thoughts on this in another thread, so I won't parrot them here.

Ultimately, I think the teams are so close that I'd prefer to avoid the player that I feel like could go off and beat us by himself. So give me Memphis.
What if that player is Z-Bo?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #39
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Ultimately, I think the teams are so close that I'd prefer to avoid the player that I feel like could go off and beat us by himself.
Kobe?

Old 05-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
What if that player is Z-Bo?
ZBo's a load, but he's not Kevin Durant.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote