Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-21-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
Why does it seem to me that our competition has been playing the dregs of the league lately? Only... it just seems like every game the Suns, Blazers, Jazz, Hornets, Rockets, etc play are the Wizards, Wolves, Bucks, Thunders, Grizzlies, and Kings of the league. Can someone please allow me to be lazy and post the remaining games for all of our competition on here? That would be great. Thanks.
I thought about this for a second...and then I remembered half of the west is our competition. There is no way I'm THAT lazy/bored to go put that up here for the rest of the year.

sorry
Old 03-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

on another note... I just watched Teeth the other day, quite disturbing. So yes I definitely laughed out loud at the vagina dentata tag below.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

you are a douche because you are. sometimes the magnitude of doucheness is so great, no explanation is needed.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:57 AM   #4
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
you are a douche because you are. sometimes the magnitude of doucheness is so great, no explanation is needed.
lol @ your anger.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Bulls are getting slaughtered piece by piece.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

dammit bucks

c'mon wizards
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Who do we cheer for when the Suns play other playoff teams.

If the Suns lose it'll assure us playoffs but decrease odds of climbing up.

If opponents lose it gives us a shot at moving up.

Interesting indeed. . I hope the Suns lose to a few scrub teams but steal a few from the teams ahead of us.

I also hope the Spurs beat the teams 3-7 because I think the Spurs are locked for a 2 seed anyway.

Interesting to see what the Lakers do toward the end of the season if the Cavs have secured home court. Rest the final 2-3 games? They play Jazz and BLazers in that stretch.

Interesting indeed!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post

Interesting indeed. . I hope the Suns lose to a few scrub teams but steal a few from the teams ahead of us.

I also hope the Spurs beat the teams 3-7 because I think the Spurs are locked for a 2 seed anyway.

Interesting to see what the Lakers do toward the end of the season if the Cavs have secured home court. Rest the final 2-3 games? They play Jazz and BLazers in that stretch.

Interesting indeed!
How do the Spurs have the 2 seed locked up? They're only a half game ahead of the Rockets and they're playing the Rockets tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post

Interesting indeed!
I am one to believe that the Suns are doomed already to missing the playoffs. That being said, I want the Suns to lose every game except the teams ranked 2-8 in the West. It should be our goal right now to get to at least the 7th seed and we need our real competition at this point (2-8) to lose in order for that to happen. I am also most definitely rooting against the Spurs, because while I do believe we match up well against them, I think we have a better chance against Houston. The only way Id wish different is if Denver was on the Spurs tails for the 2 spot because I think that would be one of our toughest match ups by far.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Houston beat the Spurs.

That's a scary team right now.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

If we get into 7th place. Rockets or Spurs?

Heck the mavs still have a chance to make it 2nd place but they keep blowing it.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I still think the Spurs will claim the division but that's a tough loss for them today. Two games in a row they lost because of mental errors. That's not like them.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #13
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Good win by the Rockets, but we're still a game behind in the loss column. Hopefully the Spurs slip up down the stretch. Looks like we will be playing Utah. I wouldn't mind. Third time's the charm .
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #14
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Please give me the Rockets.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #15
fluid.forty.one

yeah, that 7th seed is looking awfully tasty.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #16
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

I want the Mavs to have the 7th seed as well. Would love this matchup. Can they get it?
Old 03-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Ginobli's been practicing and playing 2 on 2. I think we'll see him return soon. While his health will be key so will Duncan's knee. Rest in the off season is the only way for them to get better. He looks like he's aged 5 years in just the last month.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #18
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

the rockets may have the 2nd seed as of now but i'm pretty sure they won't hang onto it for the rest of the season. with that being said, i still see the spurs as a lock for the 2nd seed. if the rockets play the jazz in the 1st round, they will definitely not make it out of the first round again.

Last edited by antoinewalker; 03-22-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:32 PM   #19
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

I'd rather it be Dallas than Utah.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #20
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I'd rather it be Dallas than Utah.
Don't blame you. I think Utah is the second best team in the West behind the Lakers. That team is scary good, especially at home.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #21
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Don't blame you. I think Utah is the second best team in the West behind the Lakers. That team is scary good, especially at home.
I can't say that I agree with Utah being #2. I think they are close and I think the experience factor can be the Spurs ahead of the Jazz. One thing that definitely puts me on the Spurs side of the argument is I think Utah would absolutely need the homecourt, especially in Game 7, to take the Spurs in a series. I think the Spurs' chances are better to steal a game on the road vs the Jazz trying to steal one in San Antonio.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #22
TheMaverick
Golden Member

So being the big Rockets fan that you are, you want to see Dallas.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #23
antoinewalker
Golden Member

Quote:
So being the big Rockets fan that you are, you want to see Dallas.
i want you to not be so mad all the time.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:36 AM   #24
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

it's hard to say how things are going to end up, but I think our best chance is a Rockets -> Spurs -> Lakers path.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 03-23-2009 at 01:37 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #25
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
it's hard to say how things are going to end up, but I think our best chance is a Rockets -> Spurs -> Lakers path.
I agree.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #26
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

another game Devin missed.

Contact Me
Old 03-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #27
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I wouldn't mind playing the Rockets, but I wouldn't like our odds. Their D is just too tenacious for a team trotting out guys like Wright Barea and Dampier. JET seems to love playing against them though.

I really see Spurs getting 2nd seed though, Rockets 3rd. it's still all up for grabs.

MAN the West is confusing!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:39 AM   #28
fluid.forty.one

nothing to see, really.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #29
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

^ I agree, except I'd say Rockets>Spurs>Hope somebody upsets the Lakers
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #30
fluid.forty.one

I don't get why people say "We're going to have to face them anyway, might as well be in the first round..."

Personally, I'd rather have a better chance to advance and then take my chances with them later. I'd rather see two rounds of Mavericks playoffs than one.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #31
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I don't get why people say "We're going to have to face them anyway, might as well be in the first round..."

Personally, I'd rather have a better chance to advance and then take my chances with them later. I'd rather see two rounds of Mavericks playoffs than one.
Yup. "Have to face them anyway" is the mantra of a title contender. I want to experience the thrill of a playoff series win, and in order for that to happen we're first going to need a decent matchup.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #32
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yup. "Have to face them anyway" is the mantra of a title contender. I want to experience the thrill of a playoff series win, and in order for that to happen we're first going to need a decent matchup.
Man, I haven't experienced that at all, or any that I can remember. I was too young when the Rockets were on top . Can't say I'm not embarrassed.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #33
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I said it...but, that's with the belief that the Mavs can actually beat the Lakers in mind.

Quote:
You must not believe the Mavs have high chances, thus you have this thinking.

My boy Dirk sure does believe the team has the potential to contend...not sure why so many others see an early exit.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #34
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I said it...but, that's with the belief that the Mavs can actually beat the Lakers in mind.

You must not believe the Mavs have high chances, thus you have this thinking.

My boy Dirk sure does believe the team has the potential to contend...not sure why so many others see an early exit.
It's not a bash against Dirk or the Mavs. I don't think any team in the west has much of a chance against the Lakers.

I think our best chance to upset them would be after we build some confidence by winning another series first.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #35
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Go 76ers

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #36
TheMaverick
Golden Member

I can see both sides of the argument. But, in this case--I agree with ty. Can you guys imagine where our confidence would be if we beat the Lakers to start out the postseason?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #37
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can see both sides of the argument. But, in this case--I agree with ty. Can you guys imagine where our confidence would be if we beat the Lakers to start out the postseason?
Man that sure is a BIG IF!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #38
alby
Guru

In the history of the National Basketball Association, the #8 seed has beaten the #1 seed in the first round of the playoffs on three separate occasions.

1. 1993-94 Denver Nuggets
Everyone remembers Mount Mutombo laying on the court with both his hands on the ball in sheer joy as his team beat the Supersonics. They went on to lose in the next round to the Jazz. Total rounds = 2.
2. 1998-99 New York Knickerbockers
Allan Houston hit the game winner against their hated rival, Miami Heat. This win vaulted them all the way to the NBA Finals, to whom they lost to Avery Johnson and the Spurs. Total rounds = 4.
3. 2006-07 Golden State Warriors
Effort, momentum, athleticism and coaching was too much for our Mavericks to handle. The Warriors took all of the emotions they felt after upsetting Dallas to lose in the next round to the Jazz. Total rounds = 2.

Thus, you can look at it either as a glass half empty vs. half full scenario. It would be a great challenge and opportunity for the Mavericks if they were to face the Lakers. And with all the Negative Nancies floating around on the board this year, it's refreshing to have a member like ty. I personally don't care who we see in the first round, I just want to be entertained and proud of my team giving their full effort. Of course, there is always going to be a chance because we have a player named Dirk Nowitzki. When you have a talent like him, anything is possible. He's carried the franchise on his back for the last decade, he'll continue to do it again this year.

Contact Me
Old 03-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #39
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
2. 1998-99 New York Knickerbockers
Allan Houston hit the game winner against their hated rival, Miami Heat. This win vaulted them all the way to the NBA Finals, to whom they lost to Avery Johnson and the Spurs. Total rounds = 4.
The only asteric I'd put on this one is that it was a lockout year. Only 50 game season.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #40
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I also think the Lakers would be good for the first round if you have to face them later anyway. Unless we have hope that someone else will knock them out. I would rather the Mavs do the Job themselves. They will be in more of a groove and a little more energized at the beginning and thats why I think its good to face the Lakers. If we have to play a tough series against someone else and then play the Lakers our chances go down IMO.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain seargantry, got a bit fluffy in here, great exceptations, guerillablackformavsfan!, i hate the nba, lakers vs ??? finals 2009, not enough tags, refs will win it all, shutup closet spurs fan, special orders upset us, sweet & sour chicken, tanking 101, utah sucks! woo!!!, you'll do it my way