Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-04-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Are we bringing Rick Barry in to teach him?
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
Heard the guys talking on 103.3 ESPN radio saying something about DeAndre going to work on shooting freethrows underhanded. Not sure if it is just a joke or what.
Worked for Wilt.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Worked for Wilt.
Artis Gilmore too...
Old 07-05-2015, 04:19 AM   #4
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
Heard the guys talking on 103.3 ESPN radio saying something about DeAndre going to work on shooting freethrows underhanded. Not sure if it is just a joke or what.
That would be amazing. If he can put his ego aside, I could easily see him shooting around 60%-65% underhanded, which would mean no more hack-a-DeAndre.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 04:06 PM   #5
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

I just think it's laughable when LAC fans say Deandre needs CP3 to be effective. Did none of them watch Brandon Wright for us? I get that Paul is the best but to say that our system wouldn't be fantastic for him is just ignorant. I am curious to see how much he can evolve with us. I truly think he will be a 15/15 guy for us.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 04:19 PM   #6
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I just think it's laughable when LAC fans say Deandre needs CP3 to be effective. Did none of them watch Brandon Wright for us? I get that Paul is the best but to say that our system wouldn't be fantastic for him is just ignorant. I am curious to see how much he can evolve with us. I truly think he will be a 15/15 guy for us.
Totally agree with this. LAC and national media act like it takes CP3 to execute a simple lob to the rolling big man to the rim.

They clearly never needed a lawyer either.

Btw I'm going to miss this one.... A lot.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #7
EastTxMFFL

EastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
The majority of Clippers fans I've seen talking about DJ since yesterday have been underselling him big time while overselling CP. "Deandre is a nobody without CP3 and Dallas overpaid big time." It's pretty funny to see them say "Why would he want to go to Dallas when they aren't winning anything?" What exactly has Chris Paul and the Clippers won? Deandre is actually wanted here and is in a much better situation for his career AND brand.

Last edited by EastTxMFFL; 07-04-2015 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added sentence
EastTxMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #8
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTxMFFL View Post
The majority of Clippers fans I've seen talking about DJ since yesterday have been underselling him big time while overselling CP. "Deandre is a nobody without CP3 and Dallas overpaid big time." It's pretty funny to see them say "Why would he want to go to Dallas when they aren't winning anything?" What exactly has Chris Paul and the Clippers won? Deandre is actually wanted here and is in a much better situation for his career AND brand.
To Clippers fans everywhere.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:13 PM   #9
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTxMFFL View Post
Ha, that's too funny, this is the guy Clippers brass was willing to fork over 108 million over to.....that don't sound like a guy who's only offense is predicated on Chris Paul. Clippers have not won anything either....and they won't for a few years in the Pacific.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #10
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

LA fans are just butt hurt because it looks like Hibbert is going to be fumbling lobs for them next season.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:02 PM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@mavstats: DeAndre Jordan had four 20-pt/20-reb games last season. Mavs as a team have had only 1 since '03-04 (Dirk vs MIL 2/26/13).

Old 07-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #12
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@mavstats: DeAndre Jordan had four 20-pt/20-reb games last season. Mavs as a team have had only 1 since '03-04 (Dirk vs MIL 2/26/13).
I expect him to have several 20+ RPG nights playing with Dirk and Parsons.

RC needs to unleash that beast offensively somehow. The more involved he is on offense the more motivated he'll most likely be on defense.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:56 PM   #13
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

All they have to do is give him the ball down low. He doesn't have the greatest skills or footwork but dude knows how to overwhelm people down low. He and Blake Griffin are good at playing "Bully Ball". Happy to have DJ here.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:47 AM   #14
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen anyone BUT mavs fans on twitter, facebook, other message board think this was a good move for deandre. Everyone is dogging the move for deandre and for the mavs. They are laughing at the deal. From DJ cant do anything without CP3 to Mavs roster is garbage and noone can lob him the ball etc. Oh well a year from now mavs will be vying for WCF.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:23 AM   #15
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I haven't seen anyone BUT mavs fans on twitter, facebook, other message board think this was a good move for deandre. Everyone is dogging the move for deandre and for the mavs. They are laughing at the deal. From DJ cant do anything without CP3 to Mavs roster is garbage and noone can lob him the ball etc. Oh well a year from now mavs will be vying for WCF.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:16 AM   #16
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
All they have to do is give him the ball down low.
That's exactly what they shouldn't do. Deandre is not the kind of player you can run your offense through. I don't mind a couple of post ups, but you cannot give him first option touches, even if you promised him that, because we won't go anywhere with that. He is an elite rebounder and shot blocker, and a prime target for lobs and putbacks. He is the best in the NBA at those, so we should help him do those, that's what will be best for the team.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:37 AM   #17
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
That's exactly what they shouldn't do. Deandre is not the kind of player you can run your offense through. I don't mind a couple of post ups, but you cannot give him first option touches, even if you promised him that, because we won't go anywhere with that. He is an elite rebounder and shot blocker, and a prime target for lobs and putbacks. He is the best in the NBA at those, so we should help him do those, that's what will be best for the team.
Um, nowhere in my post did I say we should run our offense through him. All I was saying is that if you give him the ball down low he can and will finish. He's great at finishing off lobs and putbacks like you stated. But at the same time he's also good at sealing off defenders and finishing on the inside as well.

Last edited by LSMF; 07-05-2015 at 04:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #18
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
But at the same time he's also good at sealing off defenders and finishing on the inside as well.
Not really, he doesn't have a reliable hook shot or turnaround. He has the occasional games where he shows a little bit of this and that, but he is not a particularly good back to the basket player. You can't just dump him the ball and expect him to finish it. It's gonna have to be lobs and pick&rolls the vast majority of the time.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:02 AM   #19
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not really, he doesn't have a reliable hook shot or turnaround. He has the occasional games where he shows a little bit of this and that, but he is not a particularly good back to the basket player. You can't just dump him the ball and expect him to finish it. It's gonna have to be lobs and pick&rolls the vast majority of the time.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/2...griffin-injury
http://hoopshabit.com/2015/03/04/chr...blake-griffin/
http://www.si.com/nba/2015/03/04/dea...-blake-griffin

Just stop.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-05-2015 at 11:06 AM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #20
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm guessing you haven't heard Cuban radio interview. Because that's the exact pitch they gave to deandre. He will most definitely be starting his hook/turnaround in dallas. Itll be bumpy at first, but he will hopefully be evolving. They believe he's a Dwight Howard type but clippers aren't letting him showcase it
Old 07-05-2015, 09:06 AM   #21
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

I expect that DeAndre will get more looks at the basket in Dallas just from being on the receiving end of some fast breaks and pick and rolls, even if there are not a bunch of set plays run for him.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #22
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

I don't think he will ever be a guy that you just give the ball to in the post and let him work with his back to the basket and create his shot, at least not consistently. But he doesn't need to do that. Being out of the shadow of Blake Griffin, with our 4 being more of an outside shooter, DeAndre should get more shots per game and points per game in Dallas, just as he did when Blake was injured, just from being the recipient of more lobs and more pick and roll involvement. I'm happy with that. He could average 15 and 15 easily.
Hopefully, Cuban did not sell him on just having the ball fed to him all the time.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #23
LSMF
Diamond Member

I'm convinced some people only watch DeAndre Jordan highlights on Youtube. Like I've said before he's not very skilled down in the post, but he knows how to use his size to overwhelm defenders. I actually have seen him and Blake Griffin take turns aggressively backing down defenders until the defense was too deep in the paint to stop them. If you think all DJ can do is catch the ball and dunk then you're stuck in 2012. This argument actually is reminiscent of those people who still insist that Blake Griffin only plays off of his athleticism and has nothing else to offer. It's evident some people only watch Youtube highlights of these players.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #24
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Deandre shot 47% in the post last year which is very good on a small sample, of course the turnovers and FT's brought down the PPP.

He'sbeen overrated on defense, and underrated on offense for a couple of years, his pick n roll offense and rim running is extremely underrating as well as his offensive rebounding. Even with his awful free throw shooting.

Last edited by mavs777; 07-05-2015 at 10:08 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #25
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Deandre shot 47% in the post last year which is very good on a small sample, of course the turnovers and FT's brought down the PPP.

He'sbeen overrated on defense, and underrated on offense for a couple of years, his pick n roll offense and rim running is extremely underrating as well as his offensive rebounding. Even with his awful free throw shooting.
Can I find the league stats on this somewhere? I could be wrong, but I think the best low post scorers in the NBA usually finish around 55-60% of their low-post attempts.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #26
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Can I find the league stats on this somewhere? I could be wrong, but I think the best low post scorers in the NBA usually finish around 55-60% of their low-post attempts.
http://stats.nba.com/playtype/#!/pos...gular%20Season

Deandre shot 18-38 in post

Quote:
Synergy Sports Tech ‏@SynergySST · Jul 3
DeAndre Jordan shot 47% going 1-on-1 from the block, but ranked in the 32nd %ile scoring .74 points per post up possession due to low FT%.
Just got to get that ft% up, think he may have had randomness and shot it even worse when fouled in the post.

Last edited by mavs777; 07-06-2015 at 02:05 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #27
Underdog

@espn_macmahon: Chandler Parsons on DeAndre Jordan: "He has a chance to be the best center in the NBA the next 10 years." http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...andler-parsons

Old 07-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #28
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
@espn_macmahon: Chandler Parsons on DeAndre Jordan: "He has a chance to be the best center in the NBA the next 10 years." http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...andler-parsons
LOL, sure. DeAndre, whose game is obviously built on his athleticism, will be the best center at the age of 35-36. But to prove that I can be all smiles and stuff, can we already peg Blake down for 2017 or what? The guy has two best friends in the NBA, Chandler Parsons and DeAndre Jordan.

Our core or 28-year-olds would sure look nice. Dirk coming back for one more year at the veteran minimum to chase some records and more rings... Sounds like a plan to me. Hopefully the Clippers will be good enough in the next year or two that he doesn't request a trade.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #29
EastTxMFFL

EastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really nice

I can just picture Parsons hanging out inside Jordan's house and all of a sudden hearing Marc Cuban screaming. I know as a fan I was super happy to hear he was coming to Dallas but I can only imagine how relieved Cuban and co. felt after the past few offseasons.

Last edited by EastTxMFFL; 07-06-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:33 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I am kinda curious as to whether or not the new additions this year and next will extend Dirk's career.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #31
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I am kinda curious as to whether or not the new additions this year and next will extend Dirk's career.
Depending what they can land next year I could see Dirk signing a one year contract assuming he is still playing quality ball and having fun.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #32
Underdog

@espn_macmahon: Chandler Parsons on DeAndre Jordan: "We plan on playing the rest of our career together."

Old 07-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #33
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
@espn_macmahon: Chandler Parsons on DeAndre Jordan: "We plan on playing the rest of our career together."
Sounds a little naive
Old 07-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
Sounds a little naive
Obviously things change (especially considering health), but their intention is to stick together... That's a good thing for a team that has been struggling to find some semblance of continuity ever since our championship run.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-06-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:11 PM   #35
EastTxMFFL

Quote:
Obviously things change (especially considering health), but their intention is to stick together... That's a good thing for a team that has been struggling to find some semblance of continuity ever since our championship run.
Exactly. They are good friends who are getting the chance to play together. They have to be thrilled right now all things considered.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:15 PM   #36
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Agreed, but with Cuban wanting to keep available to him the ability to chase the high end free agents, something had to be sacrificed and it was just that, continuity. When he struck out in FA, we lost a year. In addition, putting together solid drafts......Hopefully Justin Anderson is the start of a good string of draft picks that can earn productive roles on the team from their rookie season on.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:11 PM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds a little naive
Players must be buying into his "naive" point of view.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #38
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Quote:
Listened to half of this interview on my way home today. As cocky Parsons can be, I'm pretty pumped about his attitude and his relationship with DAJ and Wes. It makes it seem like the chemistry will be great with this Big 3 and Dirk. No more has-been headcases and screwing up the locker room.

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 07-06-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:53 AM   #39
bunkmoreland

Yeah, Parsons sounded damn confident. That's fantastic.

http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...7953&f=4571573

Interview here if you missed it.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 07-07-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:10 AM   #40
EastTxMFFL

Stephen A. Smith thinks that Deandre is "a complete fool" for leaving LA and going to Dallas. "It may go down as one of the stupidest moves in NBA history." This guy here lol.

Last edited by EastTxMFFL; 07-07-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Tags
power bottom, still a bottom btch