Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Phil Jackson is the best coach in the league. Pop is a little more questionable but I would choose him over Carlisle as well. What has Carlisle proven really? He is a playoff failure for the most part. If it's all about learning plays rather then playing the best talent out there, that would explain something. I still think Beaubois not learning some of the plays is more efficient than Barea knowing them all. And why does Beaubois have to be the point guard? Why can't he play in the role Terry has? Anyways I'm done griping until next game where I see Barea being an embarrassment again. lol
I think you completely missed the point of my post. You realize that the next time the Lakers lose 2 games in a row this year, there will be a hundred posts on LakersGround detailing a comparable list of reasons as to why Phil is an idiot? Does that make them right?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I think you completely missed the point of my post. You realize that the next time the Lakers lose 2 games in a row this year, there will be a hundred posts on LakersGround detailing a comparable list of reasons as to why Phil is an idiot? Does that make them right?
Case in point, my roommate is a gigantic Lakers fan (aka a huge dbag) and he was going off last night about how stupid Phil has been this year. It's no coincidence that my roommate can somehow turn off a close Laker game in the 4th quarter to go make food or some other activity that can wait. But when the playoffs come, hoooo boy he's the "biggest fan of all".
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Well their record speaks for itself. Much better than ours. I'm sure the fans are right sometimes but the mistakes are less glaring than they are here. Our record should be better. It has fallen ever since Beaubois was taken out of the starting lineup. The trade revived us but I still think we need that spark.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well their record speaks for itself. Much better than ours. I'm sure the fans are right sometimes but the mistakes are less glaring than they are here. Our record should be better. It has fallen ever since Beaubois was taken out of the starting lineup. The trade revived us but I still think we need that spark.
Could someone tell me how that ignore feature works again?
Old 02-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Posts like this are embarrassing...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why is that? Something wrong with having a slasher that can hit 3's and play aggressive defense? And yes we miss Devin Harris. We haven't found a player yet to replace him. Heck Harris would be the perfect compliment to Kidd. Our offense gets a little stagnant with the lack of movement off the ball. Haywood is the center we need but we still need some more speed to open things up and cause chaos for the defense. That's why some teams have had success going small. Butler is best at SF so we are missing one piece.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why is that?
Becasue when you say this:
Quote:
Our record should be better. It has fallen ever since Beaubois was taken out of the starting lineup. The trade revived us but I still think we need that spark.
You're pretty much saying that Roddy is more important to this team than Butler & Haywood.

That's just plain ignorant.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-21-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Becasue when you say this:

You're pretty much saying that Roddy is more important to this team than Butler & Haywood.

That's just plain ignorant.
Nope. I said Beaubois not being played at all and Terry, Howard, and Barea being played extra minutes was hurting our team. Terry and Barea are still hurting our team but covered up by solid play by Butler and Haywood. We are back to winning though but I think we could be even better.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #9
Underdog

Quote:
Nope. I said Beaubois not being played at all and Terry, Howard, and Barea being played extra minutes was hurting our team. Terry and Barea are still hurting our team but covered up by solid play by Butler and Haywood. We are back to winning though but I think we could be even better.
Well, you're a sh!tty communicator then because that's not what came across at all...

Old 02-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is it possible for the mods to temp ban someone for incessant moronitude? (moronity? moronism?) IMO that's a far greater threat to society than those boobs that spiral posted.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Is it possible for the mods to temp ban someone for incessant moronitude? (moronity? moronism?) IMO that's a far greater threat to society than those boobs that spiral posted.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #12
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And yet, despite their record, there are still tons of fans who jump at the chance to call them "idiots" when things go bad temporarily. Are you insinuating that you are somehow being more reasonable than those fans?

Old 02-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #13
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
And yet, despite their record, there are still tons of fans who jump at the chance to call them "idiots" when things go bad temporarily. Are you insinuating that you are somehow being more reasonable than those fans?
I don't know a thing about those fans so I can't make a comment about that. But it looks like in their situation (lakers), they don't have much to complain about. While this team had a terrible slump once Beaubois was taken out of the rotation. So records do make a difference. This team is too talented to be playing as poorly as it was. I'm sure I could find some flaws in every coach like you said if I watched their games enough. Avery Johnson with his love for Stackhouse and Van Horn being the ones from before. Don Nelson and his love for small ball and Walker.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #14
LonghornDub

Quote:
I don't know a thing about those fans so I can't make a comment about that. But it looks like in their situation (lakers), they don't have much to complain about. While this team had a terrible slump once Beaubois was taken out of the rotation. So records do make a difference. This team is too talented to be playing as poorly as it was. I'm sure I could find some flaws in every coach like you said if I watched their games enough. Avery Johnson with his love for Stackhouse and Van Horn being the ones from before. Don Nelson and his love for small ball and Walker.
There's a difference between levying a criticism and calling the coach an "idiot."

Old 02-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #15
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Quote:
While this team had a terrible slump once Beaubois was taken out of the rotation.
When did this happen?
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #16
Underdog

Quote:
While this team had a terrible slump once Beaubois was taken out of the rotation.
Are you sure our slump had more to do with our 9th-best player not being in the starting lineup than it did with our "#2 guy" Josh Howard deciding to throw a hissy fit because his name was being floated in trade rumors?

Think before you hit the "reply" button...

Last edited by Underdog; 02-21-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you sure our slump had more to do with our 9th-best player not being in the starting lineup than it did with our "#2 guy" Josh Howard deciding to throw a hissy fit because his name was being floated in trade rumors?

Quote:
Think before you hit the "reply" button...
THIS is funny...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #18
LonghornDub

Quote:
I am wearing a black t-shirt today. I have not been attacked by a bear today. Therefore, black t-shirts repel bears.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #19
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am wearing a black t-shirt today. I have not been attacked by a bear today. Therefore, black t-shirts repel bears.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-21-2010 at 02:39 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Bears, beats, Battlestar Galactica.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #21
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I wish i could +rep you more sir....you are QUITE hilarious, must be that Austin humor ;-)

And Mavsfan1000, you have finally been ignored. I must say that I have NEVER seen a more ignorant poster in my entire life, on any forum basketball related or not. The worst part is, you actually watch the games, you just don't seem to actually understand them, haha.

I can also say that in your 1300+ posts, I have NEVER read one that even hinted at the remote possibility that you have any intelligence whatsoever. I think I could show my 15 year old sister a stat sheet from the past 10 games and she could come up with more intellectual quips and topics than you, and actually comprehend what she's seeing at the same time.

I wish you would just leave, permanently. I really do hate you (on these boards)...

To everyone else, I'm sorry if that seemed slightly strong, but I'm so sick of seeing the sh!t that gets spewed from the guys mouth that I'm having a mental breakdown over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #22
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforlife09 View Post
I wish i could +rep you more sir....you are QUITE hilarious, must be that Austin humor ;-)

And Mavsfan1000, you have finally been ignored. I must say that I have NEVER seen a more ignorant poster in my entire life, on any forum basketball related or not. The worst part is, you actually watch the games, you just don't seem to actually understand them, haha.

I can also say that in your 1300+ posts, I have NEVER read one that even hinted at the remote possibility that you have any intelligence whatsoever. I think I could show my 15 year old sister a stat sheet from the past 10 games and she could come up with more intellectual quips and topics than you, and actually comprehend what she's seeing at the same time.

I wish you would just leave, permanently. I really do hate you (on these boards)...

To everyone else, I'm sorry if that seemed slightly strong, but I'm so sick of seeing the sh!t that gets spewed from the guys mouth that I'm having a mental breakdown over here.
No one has proven anything to convince me I'm wrong on this. My main points were.
- Beaubois is better than Barea
- Beaubois was better than the Howard of 2009-2010 with us.
- We need more athletes on the team. Butler would benefit a ton from it as well if he could be moved to his natural position. (SF) But hey if you hate those comments, fine. I'm just not afraid to say the Emperor has no clothes on. And I hate the idea that others aren't allowed to say the same without getting attacked here.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You wanna back that up with some data? So you are actually saying that the reason the mavs were winning is because they had Roddy in the starting lineup?? He's started 13 games? I don't know what the record is with/without him...but are you serious?

How does that ignore button work again??
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #24
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
You wanna back that up with some data? So you are actually saying that the reason the mavs were winning is because they had Roddy in the starting lineup?? He's started 13 games? I don't know what the record is with/without him...but are you serious?

How does that ignore button work again??
Too hard to find data for that but their +/- ratio is the closest you'll get when on and off the court. http://www.82games.com/0910/0910DAL.HTM
Beaubois +0.5
Terry -1.6
Howard -5.5
Barea -6.3

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 02-21-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Too hard to find data for that but their +/- ratio is the closest you'll get when on and off the court. http://www.82games.com/0910/0910DAL.HTM
Beaubois +0.5
Terry -1.6
Howard -5.5
Barea -6.3
Gooden -11? You are saying that Roddy was more valuable than Gooden, right?

Edit: I was giving gooden way too much credit, only -6.

Last edited by dude1394; 02-21-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #26
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Gooden -11? You are saying that Roddy was more valuable than Gooden, right?

Edit: I was giving gooden way too much credit, only -6.
Gooden's flaw is his help defense, blocking out, and setting picks. This team needs a shot blocking center out there. Makes the Haywood trade look pretty good.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #27
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

Sup guys. 1st post.

Roddy needs to get on the court period.

JJB at this point just doesn't offer much. Everything Carlisle is affraid of Roddy doing Barea DOES.

At least if you get Roddy on the court you have another scoring option out there.

If you have to let Terry get some minutes at PG and let Roddy be the 2 guard when he is on the floor then do it.

At times this offense goes stagnant and putting Barea in the game doesn't help.

If you had a line up of Terry, Roddy, Dirk, Butler, and Haywood then we could do a lot of scoring at times.

The Barea act has just ran its course and Dallas not playing Roddy is just doing other teams a favor.

Its time to get him on the court.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #28
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Gooden's flaw is his help defense, blocking out, and setting picks. This team needs a shot blocking center out there. Makes the Haywood trade look pretty good.
So gooden was twice as bad as jjb, right? I'm trying to figure out why you tossed out +/- is you don't believe it.

Tags
fluffmeister