Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2021, 11:36 AM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This is pretty damning against Rick. I know TMac likes to stir the pot, but this info was bound to come out sooner or later. Wonder if Rick quit to try and get ahead of this kind of info to try and save face.

Just think the reality is there was no way Rick was coaching next season. Cuban would have had to fire him after this stuff came out.

https://twitter.com/RKonkle_Mavs/sta...51146044289026
Unbelievable

Even when a few of us voiced our complaints against RC dude had so many apologist on this site.

Some of them despite all this recent news would probably still defend the guy.

They would still except all his 1st round exits and act like his coaching was not part of the problem.

How quickly people forget Rick had to basically be talked into playing D.Stevenson by J.Kidd, T.Chandler and S.Marion or else we might not have even won that Championship season because Rick probably would have had some poor defensive player on the floor taking away all of Stevenson's minutes with his fucked up lineups.

Then Imagine some of the guys who would play well for a game or two and not even sniff the court again for 10-15 games. He always used that be ready attitude and when certain guys played well under his rule he'd still bench their ass for weeks.

So I'm be real here I'm glad Luka is finally the guy who has stood up and spoken up to Rick's bullshit

No other players beyond Dirk has really had that power to call out Rick and unfortunately Dirk isn't the type of guy to speak much.

So it sounds like Rick knew he wasn't going to win the battle vs Luka

Thank you Luka for being that guy who ultimately got Rick's ass out of here otherwise he would have become the new Tom Landry regardless of how many post season flops he had.

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-18-2021 at 11:38 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:13 PM   #2
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
This is pretty damning against Rick. I know TMac likes to stir the pot, but this info was bound to come out sooner or later. Wonder if Rick quit to try and get ahead of this kind of info to try and save face.

Just think the reality is there was no way Rick was coaching next season. Cuban would have had to fire him after this stuff came out.

https://twitter.com/RKonkle_Mavs/sta...51146044289026
Do we know if it is true, or exaggerated? Could this be the team trying to save face?
(I'm simply asking, not defending anyone)
Old 06-18-2021, 01:23 PM   #3
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
Do we know if it is true, or exaggerated? Could this be the team trying to save face?
(I'm simply asking, not defending anyone)
Apologist Sighted!!!!!!!

... Anyway. I think it's true but it's getting blown out of proportion, at least from what I heard from Tmac and Locked on pod. Rick is a prickly guy, has been a long time. Salah didn't like the way he treated him and Luka didn't like the way Salah was treated. There have been guys who didn't like Rick and others who love Rick. Ppl are acting like he takes a ball and beats players with it and walks behind them in a robe yelling SHAME SHAME SHAME<Peter griffin gif here>. Luka hasn't asked for Rick to be fired but he likely isn't upset by it.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:34 AM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Chris Mannix
@SIChrisMannix
First Horford, now Kemba: We’re going to brand this move — absorb a bad contract, rehabilitate the player and then move him for another distressed contract and a first round pick — the Sam Presti. As one exec texted, a Kemba-for-Porzingis swap next year seems inevitable.

Yikes.....
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:56 AM   #5
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban has always been the problem
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:57 AM   #6
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

If Celtics are blowing up and if they were willing I'm not sure if they would be but KP for Brown might be good for both teams. Ok maybe better for us Brown is a damn good player.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:59 AM   #7
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
If Celtics are blowing up and if they were willing I'm not sure if they would be but KP for Brown might be good for both teams. Ok maybe better for us Brown is a damn good player.
If they are blowing it up they wouldn't want KP or his contract. That being said, I don't think they are blowing it up. They are building around the core of Brown and Tatum.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:01 PM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If they are blowing it up, then why would they want a gimpy 2nd rate player that is still owed 100 million?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #9
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Getting rid of a guy with a bum knee underperforming is not blowing it up. Less is more with the subtracting of Kemba.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:04 PM   #10
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Blowing it up doesnt mean not wanting to contend, it just means dramatically changing the team as it's currently constructed.

True they probably wouldn't do that deal but KP in NY was damn good they may think it's system. Maybe if we had some firsts to add to it but no such luck.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-18-2021 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:09 PM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Blowing it up doesnt mean not wanting to contend, it just means dramatically changing the team as it's currently constructed.

True they probably wouldn't do that deal but KP in NY was damn good they may think it's system. Maybe if we had some firsts to add to it but no such luck.
Yeah but why in their right mind would they give us Jaylen Brown for KP? MAYBE Marcus Smart in a deal?
Old 06-18-2021, 12:29 PM   #12
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yeah but why in their right mind would they give us Jaylen Brown for KP? MAYBE Marcus Smart in a deal?
Nope. Probably not even Smart.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #13
JustJay

Quote:
I already agreed they probably wouldn't agree to it so why do you feel the need to ask the same question that I already covered?
Old 06-18-2021, 03:03 PM   #14
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I already agreed they probably wouldn't agree to it so why do you feel the need to ask the same question that I already covered?
Oh did your smart ass mention Marcus Smart? I must've missed it.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:31 PM   #15
JustJay

You either give someone like Mosley or Hammon first time coaches a shot or you get a rehash. I'm not sure why the rehash is automatically the best option. It could be, but you have to take someone who lost their job or quit another job. But every coach that ended up being great had to be given a first chance.

Maybe a good college coach becomes available like what Brad Stevens ended up being, or even an international coach. But I'm sure no matter who they hire someone will be upset.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-18-2021 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:39 PM   #16
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fine with Mosely or Hammons but not with Finley. I don't want a first time GM and first time coach, especially in Mosley's case where he is known more as a players coach. I need an experienced coach or an experienced GM if we are on a timer to get things right in time before Luka wants out.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:18 PM   #17
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'm fine with Mosely or Hammons but not with Finley. I don't want a first time GM and first time coach, especially in Mosley's case where he is known more as a players coach. I need an experienced coach or an experienced GM if we are on a timer to get things right in time before Luka wants out.
Experienced front office person for GM from the Morey, Pop, Presti, Ainge tree. Finley has been a part of this massively dysfunctional FO. Not saying he is at all at fault, but new blood is desperately needed.

This is assuming Masai and Presti aren’t coming. I actually think Masai is more likely. Presti won’t want to leave his toys and total control for Cuban’s antics.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:07 PM   #18
JustJay

Just hire the starting 5 of the 2011 Mavs championship as the staff, Kidd can be coach JET assistant, Marion does....something. Dirk advisor, Stevenson GM, Tyson their bodyguard.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:33 PM   #19
DallasDog

DallasDog will become famous soon enoughDallasDog will become famous soon enough

ESPN article:
Quote:
Nowitzki, former teammate and current Mavericks executive vice president of basketball operations Michael Finley and a select group of trusted, longtime staffers met with Cuban at his request Thursday morning to discuss the franchise's path forward, sources told ESPN.

Sources said that Jason Kidd, Nowitzki's co-star on the Mavericks' 2010-11 championship team, was informally discussed as a coaching candidate among the group, but Cuban intends to hire a new head of basketball operations before conducting the coaching search.
IMHO the job is Jason Kidd's if he wants it.

A good choice for a variety of reasons.

First, it will be good for Luka and his development. There are many similarities of a young Luka and a young Jason Kidd.

Second, Kidd has experience with the current NBA, players and teams. Kidd hits the ground running.

Third, Kidd learns from his mistakes. Third time as a HC will allow Kidd to exorcize the past errors that cost him jobs.
DallasDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:45 PM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
ESPN article:

First, it will be good for Luka and his development. There are many similarities of a young Luka and a young Jason Kidd.

Second, Kidd has experience with the current NBA, players and teams. Kidd hits the ground running.

Third, Kidd learns from his mistakes. Third time as a HC will allow Kidd to exorcize the past errors that cost him jobs.
All good things.....

...but the wife beating thing would be another PR hit after the sexual harassment stuff.

Old 06-18-2021, 03:10 PM   #21
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
All good things.....

...but the wife beating thing would be another PR hit after the sexual harassment stuff.
Was he convicted of wife beating?
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:23 PM   #22
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Was he convicted of wife beating?
Yep. He was arrested and found guilty. He only had to pay a fine and take anger management classes.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:35 PM   #23
DallasDog

DallasDog will become famous soon enoughDallasDog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
All good things.....

You are going back several years for those. Close to 15 years on the divorce.

People still have a positive view of Kidd.
DallasDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:06 PM   #24
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All good things.....

Maybe I’m missing something but why are people clamoring for Kidd. He was bad in Milwaukee and they underachieved. They ranked at the bottom in defense. And I want a players coach that players want to play for. He was not on good terms with some of the roster IIRC. He’s the opposite of someone like Mosley.

And yeah I never forget this part of him with domestic violence.
Old 06-18-2021, 05:46 PM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Maybe I’m missing something but why are people clamoring for Kidd. He was bad in Milwaukee and they underachieved. They ranked at the bottom in defense. And I want a players coach that players want to play for. He was not on good terms with some of the roster IIRC. He’s the opposite of someone like Mosley.

This.

Rick is literally out because:
1) he didn't get along with players that well and rubbed a lot of players (Luka included) the wrong way.
2) Cuban and Cuban's gambling buddy undermined Rick

Kidd has a track record of making players angry and he's not wily enough to negotiate that minefield of Cuban's. Kidd just seems like a less competent Rick.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-18-2021 at 05:47 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:28 PM   #26
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post

Man I Don't like nothing about Kidd.....He's been shady and I don't get what people see in him other than he's a Ex-Mav....
Old 06-18-2021, 02:45 PM   #27
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
ESPN article:

It's probably going to be Kidd or Mosley if I had to guess. Maybe they go with Mosley because of Luka's relationship with him and to appease him, or Kidd to further develop Luka. Kidd was kind of a poor man's Luka when he was younger he wasn't a great shooter but he could defend. Later in his career he became a great shooter maybe he could help Luka with those things if Luka would be willing to listen. It's probably not easy coaching top 5 players to do new things.
Old 06-18-2021, 03:05 PM   #28
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's probably going to be Kidd or Mosley if I had to guess. Maybe they go with Mosley because of Luka's relationship with him and to appease him, or Kidd to further develop Luka. Kidd was kind of a poor man's Luka when he was younger he wasn't a great shooter but he could defend. Later in his career he became a great shooter maybe he could help Luka with those things if Luka would be willing to listen. It's probably not easy coaching top 5 players to do new things.
Kidd a poor man's Luka? Kidd couldn't shoot...Luka could. Kidd could defend....Luka...not so much. Kidd didn't offer you much offensively...not nearly the scorer Luka was.
Old 06-18-2021, 03:14 PM   #29
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Kidd a poor man's Luka? Kidd couldn't shoot...Luka could. Kidd could defend....Luka...not so much. Kidd didn't offer you much offensively...not nearly the scorer Luka was.
Luka deviation from average on offense is greater than Kidd's deviation from the average on defense.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #30
JustJay

Quote:
Luka cannot shoot he shoots a career 33% from 3. If he could raise that to 38% he'd be unstoppable. Kidd was a good 3 point shooter by the time he got to Dallas at the end of his career. He learned to shoot and improved that aspect of his game.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-18-2021 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:48 PM   #31
Zeus

Quote:
Luka cannot shoot he shoots a career 33% from 3. If he could raise that to 38% he'd be unstoppable. Kidd was a good 3 point shooter by the time he got to Dallas at the end of his career. He learned to shoot and improved that aspect of his game.
Luka shot 35 percent this year on 8.5 attempts per game. Better than Trae's 34 percent. Agree if Luka gets near 40% and hits free throws at an 80 percent clip he will average 35 points per game.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:00 PM   #32
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I don't get all the Kidd bashing because of a mistake he made in life 15 years ago

Are you guys serious.....

Anyway, I prefer Mosley, Hammon or Jackson but I would have no problems with Kidd.

I think he would be really good with Luka in terms of developing him overall as a PG to reach full potential.

Luka in late game situations haven't been that great either and I think Kidd would help him take that next step in game management (late game turnovers/execution/shot selection)
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:08 PM   #33
FreshJive
Diamond Member

I prefer to let the yet to be dreamt of GM to pick the coach.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:55 PM   #34
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I don't get all the Kidd bashing because of a mistake he made in life 15 years ago

Are you guys serious.....

Anyway, I prefer Mosley, Hammon or Jackson but I would have no problems with Kidd.

I think he would be really good with Luka in terms of developing him overall as a PG to reach full potential.

Luka in late game situations haven't been that great either and I think Kidd would help him take that next step in game management (late game turnovers/execution/shot selection)
https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/23/1...ch-reasons-why
https://clutchpoints.com/nba-rumors-...-ex-colleague/
https://www.si.com/nba/knicks/nba/kn...idd-head-coach
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...such_an_awful/

Took me like 15 seconds to pick these out. That's how prevalent the narrative is for Kidd.

Here are just a few quotes...
Quote:
“I wouldn’t hire Jason Kidd if he was the last coach standing,’’ said an NBA source who has worked with Jason Kidd, via Marc Berman of the New York Post.
Quote:
“It would be a terrible choice. There’s a reason Milwaukee is in the place where they are right now — coaching.’’
Quote:
It will be interesting to see if Kidd gets another coaching job in the future. The NBA legend is one of the best point guards of all-time, but clearly he wasn’t the best coach to be around.
Quote:
As mentioned in Tuesday's Knicks Film School Newsletter, Milwaukee trended in the opposite direction on defense despite having solid personnel on that end of the court, including maybe the most versatile defender in the league, even a few years ago.
Quote:
“Last month, Malcolm Brogdon sat the first 20 minutes of a game against the Timberwolves with no prior indication he would be missing time early in the game.”
Quote:
“ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported one of the three reasons the Bucks decided to move on from Kidd was frayed relationships in the organization. Ryen Russillo added to that by reporting he wasn’t sure how much Kidd’s relationship with Jabari Parker factored into the decision, but he was told they were no longer speaking to one another. All of this aligns with frustrations Parker has expressed with ESPN Wisconsin in the past about finger pointing and a lack of positive reinforcement from Kidd.”
Quote:
Kidd may be the greatest pure point guard of his generation, but he also made his fair share of noise off the court, from butting heads with coaches to the assault allegations by his ex-wife to the drunk driving incident that occurred shortly after he became a Knick, and most recently, his attempt at a behind the scenes front office takeover in Brooklyn.
Hard Pass. It's way too risky.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:00 PM   #35
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Took me like 15 seconds to pick these out. That's how prevalent the narrative is for Kidd.

Agree absolutely.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:20 PM   #36
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:

Sheesh I remember the narrative at the time being bad, but that’s don’t touch with a 100 foot pole bad.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:26 PM   #37
Zeus

Watching Tyrese Maxey play well during the playoffs makes you realize how bad the Mavs blew the 2020 Draft. There are 3 All Rookie team players that were selected after the Mavs first pick. If we dont get any production from Josh et al next year this will officially be a bust.

Last edited by Zeus; 06-18-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:52 PM   #38
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Watching Tyrese Maxey play well during the playoffs makes you realize how bad the Mavs blew the 2020 Draft. There are 3 All Rookie team players that were selected after the Mavs first pick. If we dont get any production from Josh et al next year this will officially be a bust.
I have faith in Josh, even if he was Harlabob’s choice. I said this before but Green has things that just can’t be taught. He can be an outstanding defender, rebounder and maybe even passer in this league. He works hard and he was a blue-chip top 10 recruit. He’s just young and inexperienced. The shot will come. Heck, Thybulle just got named 3rd team all Defense I think playing 20 minutes at game and he can’t shoot or pass or anything except defend. And Philly has made him near untouchable in trades it seems.

I like Maxey too. And Bey. I liked Precious. Poku looks great. Stewart looks legit. It was a really deep draft! Even McDaniels later looks like a steal.

Green would go top 10 in 2021 if he went back to AZ. Imagine he went back this season and made the leap Saddiq did and averaged 20 per game as the focal point. No way he’d last till 18 in this shallow draft. Look at it as we were able to buy low on an unfinished product. Whereas someone like Bey is much closer to his ceiling IMO.

I don’t think Green will ever be a star but he could be an all-defensive team type of guy in 4 years. But Bey or Bane or even Maxey probably never be all star types.

Poku and RJ Hampton are the guys that could someday be stars that we passed on. I think Hampton had some character issues and Poku didn’t have much tape against real comp so they slid. Would’ve been a great draft to have two picks like Detroit.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-18-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:14 PM   #39
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I have faith in Josh, even if he was Harlabob’s choice. I said this before but Green has things that just can’t be taught. He can be an outstanding defender, rebounder and maybe even passer in this league. He works hard and he was a blue-chip top 10 recruit. He’s just young and inexperienced. The shot will come. Heck, Thybulle just got named 3rd team all Defense I think playing 20 minutes at game and he can’t shoot or pass or anything except defend. And Philly has made him near untouchable in trades it seems.

I like Maxey too. And Bey. I liked Precious. Poku looks great. Stewart looks legit. It was a really deep draft! Even McDaniels later looks like a steal.

Green would go top 10 in 2021 if he went back to AZ. Imagine he went back this season and made the leap Saddiq did and averaged 20 per game as the focal point. No way he’d last till 18 in this shallow draft. Look at it as we were able to buy low on an unfinished product. Whereas someone like Bey is much closer to his ceiling IMO.

I don’t think Green will ever be a star but he could be an all-defensive team type of guy in 4 years. But Bey or Bane or even Maxey probably never be all star types.

Poku and RJ Hampton are the guys that could someday be stars that we passed on. I think Hampton had some character issues and Poku didn’t have much tape against real comp so they slid. Would’ve been a great draft to have two picks like Detroit.
RJ Hampton looks damn good...this draft was funny all we heard about from the "experts" was how "bad" it was......and I see a bunch of guys all through this draft that made impacts this year.

I disagree about Maxey. From what I see he could start RIGHT NOW for the Sixers....they are just committed to Simmons but if I had the choice of Simmons or Maxey....at least I know with Maxey he can go out there and close games...I have to sit Simmons because he can't hit free throws....

I'm biased on Maxey because he's from Garland but I thought he was one of the most talented prospects in this draft. I understood he had issues in college but the potential was always there.....
Old 06-18-2021, 11:24 PM   #40
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
RJ Hampton looks damn good...this draft was funny all we heard about from the "experts" was how "bad" it was......and I see a bunch of guys all through this draft that made impacts this year.

I disagree about Maxey. From what I see he could start RIGHT NOW for the Sixers....they are just committed to Simmons but if I had the choice of Simmons or Maxey....at least I know with Maxey he can go out there and close games...I have to sit Simmons because he can't hit free throws....

I'm biased on Maxey because he's from Garland but I thought he was one of the most talented prospects in this draft. I understood he had issues in college but the potential was always there.....
I love Maxey he would’ve been a great pick. I just said I don’t see a future star. He could be. He may be a notch or two below that though. Depends on his shot.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks