Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #241
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I didn't get a chance to read through everything, been busy. But, this morning I noticed Phil Jackson say something along the lines that they gave this one away. What is it about spotting them 4 points at the end of the first half, and 3-4 turnovers at the start of the second half that he didn't catch? Or the fact that J-Kidd played awfully loose with the rock tonight with 5 turnovers and a few lazy passes. We did not give them our best at all and still came away with the W. I'm feeling good about this series...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #242
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

That's how the Lake Show is, they have all the hardware. It would be sweet to take them out. It's just one game, but nevertheless, I'll take it. They've been here before, we have to be greedy.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #243
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Not only would I start Brewer over Stevenson. I would diactivate Stevenson and activate Roddy instead. Who knows he may get hot. I just don't see Stevenson being of any use the way he has played recently. In fact he has been the mavs worst defender of late. He also seems kind of streaky to me and presently on a bad streak.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #244
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Do you enjoy talking to yourself?
Wait, do you think I'm 41creepingdeath? lol...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #245
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

I watched the Kobe tripping over his own two feet video again and I think I saw what his problem really was. He was chewing gum.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #246
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Did MJ chew gum when he was playing?
Old 05-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #247
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

yes
Old 05-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #248
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

http://lockerz.com/s/98455350
Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #249
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
This is highly theoretical but for some reason I think that you should start Haywood on Bynum and put in Tyson when Odom comes in. Our starting lineup is a mess anyway, so nothing to lose.
I would as well, but lost in the Mavericks win was the Lakers were actively attacking Dirk when they were on offense. Haywood can't rotate to help him so you have to keep Tyson in as the starter.

Haywood did a really good job of not letting Andrew set up shop in the paint. Chandler does a good job of "punking" Gasol.
Marc Gasol >>> Pau Gasol
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #250
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
I would as well, but lost in the Mavericks win was the Lakers were actively attacking Dirk when they were on offense. Haywood can't rotate to help him so you have to keep Tyson in as the starter.

Haywood did a really good job of not letting Andrew set up shop in the paint. Chandler does a good job of "punking" Gasol.
Marc Gasol >>> Pau Gasol
the only player that really attacked him was Odom and that isn't going to change. Odom is too quick for him
Old 05-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #251
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #252
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Wait, do you think I'm 41creepingdeath? lol...
Lol, why would you even do that..? May this means.. oh my god: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFnmH9a2RkE
Old 05-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #253
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Did MJ chew gum when he was playing?
Just thaught I'd publicy say that I love this post on many levels.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #254
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

but MJ was talented enough to do both at the same time.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #255
Yakapo

Yakapo is on a distinguished road

First post.

I'm glad for the win but... there's still the foul discrepancy. Hopefully the refs call it both ways in game 2. 10 foul shots can make a game. Actually 2 foul shots can make a game. Lets see if Stern brings out his "company men" to make sure the Lakers get as many calls as it takes. (Yes I'm a conspiracy theorist)
Yakapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #256
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakapo View Post
First post.

I'm glad for the win but... there's still the foul discrepancy. Hopefully the refs call it both ways in game 2. 10 foul shots can make a game. Actually 2 foul shots can make a game. Lets see if Stern brings out his "company men" to make sure the Lakers get as many calls as it takes. (Yes I'm a conspiracy theorist)
they shot twice as many free throws as us and we still won. that's probably a good thing.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #257
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
they shot twice as many free throws as us and we still won. that's probably a good thing.
two things I love about the win.

Dirk barely got to the line.

Bynum was missing contested shots.

In the next games Dirk will probably be getting more calls. Just wait till we get home, then we'll be getting better calls. About Bynum, shows Chandler and Haywood were playing good D on him.

Last edited by OneLove22; 05-03-2011 at 11:02 PM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #258
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
To me it just says we are much better defensive team this year. In the past we would have folded under these exact circumstances.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #259
kenny_817

kenny_817 is infamous around these parts

I'm sooo glad we didn't fold and collapse after that horrible 3rd quarter start...we easily could have done so. But we didn't...and fought back like a championship caliber team. Bring on these bums for game 2!
kenny_817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #260
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I'm planning to go to Academy and by a new Dirk jersey this morning hoping it will bring the Mav's luck.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:35 AM   #261
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

What I liked about the win was that we weren't lucky or shooting an unusual high percentage or were favored by the refs or they played really bad or someone of them got injured. It was a very solid win. Apart from the four points in 0.7 seconds and the three turnovers to start the second half we played calm and composed. We were active on defense and spread the ball on offense. Almost all of our players contributed to the win, without having a stellar performance. On this we can built. We need to be better, because we'll face a more determined opponent in the second game. So Lakers are still very good but I feel they have less chemistry than we have. Our team has this "band of brothers" thing going, while they have a bunch of quality players who don't really seem to care about one another. Also, compared to other arenas, their fans are tame, pussycat tame.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:49 AM   #262
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

also, winning close games is always the best. Especially in LA. Great teams win close games.

The difference between New Orleans and Dallas... is that we actually can win close games.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #263
OneLove22

Silly Laker fans...

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=133026

already have a thread talking about being scared of the Heat.

This is why I hate Laker fans... they assume they are in the finals already when they still have 2 series to go before they get there.

Quote:
Honestly... I'm terrified.

LeBron historically matches up very well with the Lakers.

Their weak bench isn't as much of an issue because their big 3 are young and have the legs to play 40/+ minutes a game. Even so, their supporting cast is underrated, especially when they can plug the other two spots with a deadeye shooter line Jones and a tough defender like Anthony.

Plus, they play near-Boston level defense, except they have tremendous youth and athleticism on the other end.

I was hoping that Boston's tremendous teamwork would be able to take them out, then we could take care of Boston in the Finals; rock-paper-scissors type deal. But that doesn't look like it will happen.

Last edited by OneLove22; 05-04-2011 at 01:53 AM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:56 AM   #264
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think the winner of the this series will be in the finals this year.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:08 AM   #265
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

no way Memphis or OKC go to the finals, NO way
Old 05-04-2011, 02:21 AM   #266
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
no way Memphis or OKC go to the finals, NO way
again, I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm picking OKC.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:33 AM   #267
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

OKC has yet to prove that it can beat the established ones. Plus we got (multiple) guys that can defend Durant and Westbrook. They should have a shot against the Lakers though. I'd take the Thunder over Memphis as opponent in the Conference Finals right now.

Last edited by j0Shi; 05-04-2011 at 02:37 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:07 AM   #268
twelli
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
again, I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm picking OKC.
you are on a thin limb indeed...
Old 05-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #269
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
OKC has yet to prove that it can beat the established ones. Plus we got (multiple) guys that can defend Durant and Westbrook. They should have a shot against the Lakers though. I'd take the Thunder over Memphis as opponent in the Conference Finals right now.
um.. why are we discussing this at all? Didn't we just condone that a few posts above? Would you like to plan the parade route for us as well?

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 05-04-2011 at 12:35 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #270
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
but MJ was talented enough to do both at the same time.
Kobe got nothing on MJ. MJ wanna be. He makes us think he hurt his ankle in the NO series, doesn't even get it X-Rayed, why because there was nothing wrong with it. The guy's a faker. Now we can see he can't even multi task. Down with the Lakers!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #271
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

I dislike Kobe too but ankles don't go like his did normally...
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #272
mavs777
Diamond Member

and i will say winner of this series wins it all
Old 05-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #273
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Kobe got nothing on MJ. MJ wanna be. He makes us think he hurt his ankle in the NO series, doesn't even get it X-Rayed, why because there was nothing wrong with it. The guy's a faker. Now we can see he can't even multi task. Down with the Lakers!!!
its clear his ankle isn't 100%.

Tags
#winning, better than sex, i'm horny now, no laker trolls tonite, rapers loss, return of the quack!, sex