Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #81
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I think the fact that Roddy outplayed Ellis is pretty big. Ellis is a 25.5 ppg player. Boobie outscored him 40-14.
Well, it wasn't like Roddy was guarding him, so I'm not really sure what that means.

On that note, I found it interested that we opened the game with Marion on Ellis, and kept it that way even when Maggette was hot early. When they brought Terry in for Butler I thought for sure that Marion would shift onto Maggette, but they kept him on Ellis and put Kidd on Maggette. This bit of strategy was over shadowed by Roddy and the score, but I thought it was an interesting decision that certainly seemed to work.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #82
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well, it wasn't like Roddy was guarding him, so I'm not really sure what that means.

On that note, I found it interested that we opened the game with Marion on Ellis, and kept it that way even when Maggette was hot early. When they brought Terry in for Butler I thought for sure that Marion would shift onto Maggette, but they kept him on Ellis and put Kidd on Maggette. This bit of strategy was over shadowed by Roddy and the score, but I thought it was an interesting decision that certainly seemed to work.
Makes sense to me. Our best defensive player on their best offensive player. Nobody expects Maggette to be hot the entire game and score 30. Ellis is a completely different story...you don't want him to get hot.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #83
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
He guarded him a bit. Blocked him once. Plus Ellis guarded Roddy.
Ellis was pissed about the whole thing.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #84
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
He guarded him a bit. Blocked him once. Plus Ellis guarded Roddy.
Ellis was pissed about the whole thing.
I saw this too. Ellis looked outraged that he was getting owned lol. He got a taste of his own medicine.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #85
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Just checked the boxscore a minute ago as I couldn't catch the game last nigt. All I have to say is WOW. This kid is good.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #86
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Ellis actually had the flu and would eventually miss GSW's flight down to LA for Clippers game last night.

The thing about Boobs was he was getting his during the natural flow of the game, it's not like Iverson where he'd be at the top of the key pounding the rock. Boobs was running the base line, moving around with out the ball. Any open shot it jacked up early. I did sense he was getting gassed towards the end. He missed everything on one shot late. RC gave him a blow, then brought him back at the end. I think Boobs can be our back up PG now. You just can't rely on him to run the offense, but use his offense to run the show. I mean Kidd's job is to look for others. Roddy is to look for his own shot, can he penetrate to the paint, draw a defender and kick. You line him up with Butler, Jet and Dirk, a few good shooters. Toss Damp and BHay to set screens.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #87
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Good point, KK.

Just because Beaubois doesn't play like Kidd doesn't mean he can't play point. He could play a more Gilbert/Parker type role without being a shot hunter for 15minutes a game.

He'd have to be paired more with Butler (or Kidd even) to avoid having too small of a backcourt though. For my money, Beaubois is more of a Terry-successor than Kidd.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #88
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Good point, KK.

Just because Beaubois doesn't play like Kidd doesn't mean he can't play point. He could play a more Gilbert/Parker type role without being a shot hunter for 15minutes a game.

He'd have to be paired more with Butler (or Kidd even) to avoid having too small of a backcourt though. For my money, Beaubois is more of a Terry-successor than Kidd.
i think with his talent and ability he could turn into a pretty good Kidd-like PG. maybe this will play out like they originally wanted the Nash/Devin Harris thing to play out.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #89
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
see also: Devin Harris

Quote:
For my money, Beaubois is more of a Terry-successor than Kidd.
That's what I've been thinking lately as well (I wish Cuban hadn't maxed-out JET to the point of being untradable!)

Kidd/Roddy
Butler/Roddy
Marion/Butler
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Damp

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #90
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Down them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
Anyone know how to download this game?
Four quarters - one bucket !
http://rapidshare.com/files/36943477...vGSW.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/36943460...vGSW.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/36943202...vGSW.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/36943172...vGSW.part4.rar
Old 03-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #91
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

I love you, in a brotherly mavs fan, almost over the top, yes homo way.

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 03-29-2010 at 05:23 PM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #92
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
see also: Devin Harris

That's what I've been thinking lately as well (I wish Cuban hadn't maxed-out JET to the point of being untradable!)

Kidd/Roddy
Butler/Roddy
Marion/Butler
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Damp
That's a very tight rotation (7 players?). I think there's definitely room for Terry though one could argue either Butler and Terry should be #7 and #8.

As for the future, we still have that Greek kid, Nick Calathes. Calathes is a 6-5 PG/SG who, according to some around the draft, was the better prospect than Beaubois, which would boggle the mind now. Pretty awesome to think about it - we picked up the future of the Mavs backcourt with a couple of non-lotto picks in one year! Guys who would take the torches from Kidd and Terry.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #93
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As for the future, we still have that Greek kid, Nick Calathes.
I was wondering about him - anyone know how he's developing?

(I ask this question every few months...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flying frenchman, hello? its the warriors, i came, i conquered, i errupted on every three, i jizzed my pants, i saw, just once?, kobe beaubois, kobe? mj beaubois, multiple orgasm, myroddybucketisfull