Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #41
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

the refs were horrendous. even so it's concerning that when Dirk got bumped with about 57 seconds left We Weren't Even in the Bonus. that wont get it done.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 12:10 AM   #42
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Yes it is very frustrating to watch games that end like this. Dirk always leaves a sour feeling in me when he does this. You can't get all the calls. Just let it go. But he is a little bit of a hot head. He even said so in an interview I've heard this year. But I guess anything that doesn't worship Dirk around here is considered 'terrible'. I get the picture. I'll be sure to always say the 'appropiate' things like refs screwed us and etc if that makes you feel better.
how can you possibly rag on Dirk after this game dude? of course thats gonna raise some questions about your credibilty. no offense
Old 03-16-2011, 12:11 AM   #43
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
But I guess anything that doesn't worship Dirk around here is considered 'terrible'. I get the picture. I'll be sure to always say the 'appropiate' things like refs screwed us and etc if that makes you feel better.
Look at him whining over there at Spurstalk...

Quote:
Btw I hate to rant about another site but it is frustrating getting verbally attacked every time I say something slightly negative about Dirk even if is true in a lot of cases. DM.com needs to get it together
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthre...=174650&page=8

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 03-16-2011 at 12:12 AM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:12 AM   #44
odb 7777

odb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
28/11/2 on 9-14 and 9-9 shooting with a +4. He made every single play in the 4th sans the final three and a shot clock beating deep jumper. Stfu you idiot.

Thats the fail. Yes he played great. but only 14 shots just doesn`t do it in games like this. He needs to be more agressive, and with more Dirk touches we will have fewer turnovers.

Last edited by odb 7777; 03-16-2011 at 12:14 AM.
odb 7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #45
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
Look at him whining over there at Spurstalk...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthre...=174650&page=8
What are you doing at Spurstalk? lol
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:14 AM   #46
mac222b
Diamond Member

as Cad mentioned above the word is out on JJ... pressure him when he's got the ball with a longer defender and funnel him into the lane. he doesnt have good court vision and simply can't see over defenders when in the lane to kick it out. he either turns it over or dribbles out the shot-clock
Old 03-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #47
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yes it is very frustrating to watch games that end like this. Dirk always leaves a sour feeling in me when he does this. You can't get all the calls. Just let it go. But he is a little bit of a hot head. He even said so in an interview I've heard this year. But I guess anything that doesn't worship Dirk around here is considered 'terrible'. I get the picture. I'll be sure to always say the 'appropiate' things like refs screwed us and etc if that makes you feel better.
your opinion is based on one turnover while he was double-teamed? he didnt even talk to the refs on that play...
dirk has to be vocal, hes our leader. refs respect him and he knows that. i would be mad at him if he didnt plead his case to the refs...

again, he had a 28/11/2 game while shooting 64%. he created our WHOLE offense and defended allbitch very well only because our best defensive player picked up foul after foul. in my opinion, dirk showed again that hes an incredible player...
41N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #48
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs vs. West's 5-8 seeds? 1-2 vs. Nuggets, 2-1 vs. Blazers, 1-2 vs. Hornets and 1-3 vs. Grizzlies.

I don't like that at all.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #49
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
as Cad mentioned above the word is out on JJ... pressure him when he's got the ball with a longer defender and funnel him into the lane. he doesnt have good court vision and simply can't see over defenders when in the lane to kick it out. he either turns it over or dribbles out the shot-clock
He has a tendency to overdribble, and if you funnel him directly into the bigs while pressuring his dribble, he lacks the mid-range game to make you pay or the athleticism to finish in traffic. Although he's had a pretty good year overall, this has always been the concern with relying on Barea.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:20 AM   #50
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
how can you possibly rag on Dirk after this game dude? of course thats gonna raise some questions about your credibilty. no offense
He had a great game. I won't deny that. I was just pinpointing a couple possessions that shouldn't have happened if he didn't lose his temper with the refs. You know the refs aren't going to give you that call. You have to change your game. Not just drill it in the refs head that you are mad they aren't going to give you that call.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 03-16-2011 at 12:21 AM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:21 AM   #51
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Another game where my pet peeve is on display. An offensive player is allowed to lower their shoulder and physically pick up the defender, dislodging them for over 3 feet. Then when the defender tries to brace themselves to not be shoved under the basket, a foul is called.

Tyson needs to learn how to flop.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #52
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Their fans help them, our fans are just quiet in D-Arena, that's the difference. Even HCA wouldn't help Mavs.
Where are your seats?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #53
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
He has a tendency to overdribble, and if you funnel him directly into the bigs while pressuring his dribble, he lacks the mid-range game to make you pay or the athleticism to finish in traffic. Although he's had a pretty good year overall, this has always been the concern with relying on Barea.
He also lacks the ability to execute, most of the time, a simple post entry pass to Dirk.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #54
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Summary of this game: Refs, Rick, Rebounds, Roy.

PS -Wouldn't that have been a nice thread title for this game?
Old 03-16-2011, 12:23 AM   #55
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He had a great game. I won't deny that. I was just pinpointing a couple possessions that shouldn't have happened if he didn't lose his temper with the refs. You know the refs aren't going to give you that call. You have to change your game. Not just drill it in the refs head that you are mad they aren't going to give you that call.
You know, like score 10 points in the 4th quarter and made the smart pass to open shooters?

How do I ignore this idiot?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:24 AM   #56
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
How many Mavs games have you been to this season?

On another note in general, Do you think Corey Brewer regrets signing with us?
I'll answer...probably none..

Corey...doubt it, he got paid and once he figures it out he'll probably get some time.

An amber alert for the mavs defense needs to be issued however.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:24 AM   #57
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He had a great game. I won't deny that.

Quote:
Dirk lets the other team get in his head again. Anyone play worse when they get mad? Dirk just freaks out.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-16-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:24 AM   #58
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know, like score 10 points in the 4th quarter and made the smart pass to open shooters?

How do I ignore this idiot?
If you don't know how to ignore someone, I don't think we can help you.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #59
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He also lacks the ability to execute, most of the time, a simple post entry pass to Dirk.
Yeah, not just Dirk, anyone. He f'ed one up to Marion tonight. He absolutely cannot make a simple post-entry pass, and it is unacceptable. I feel lots of times we run the high pick n' roll with him because of his inability to make a post entry pass, and as I've said, that's insane. You do not restructure your offense to cater to a mediocre backup PG. That would be like L.A. and Kobe altering things for Steve Blake.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #60
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

By the way, it seems like everyone has forgotten that we didn't have Haywood or Peja tonight. I love this board, but sometimes people are just too emotional... People say things like Brewer should have played instead of Stevenson, which is fine, but you can only say that after the game is over. I'm now certain that if Brewer played and we still lost, the same people would have said that Stevenson should have played. Honestly guys, CHILL OUT!
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #61
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Yep, because a long defender can typically block his vision and take away his passing angles.

It might be time to consider the Terry as backup PG possibility. He is at least enough of a threat as a shooter that teams have to allow him to throw an entry pass.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #62
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
If you don't know how to ignore someone, I don't think we can help you.
Rhetorical question, mostly. Though no, I've never actually looked. Thanks for the smarmy insight.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #63
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
What are you doing at Spurstalk? lol
I was just checking out an opposing team´s messageboard.

And believe me - i sure ain't worshipping and knobslobbing those Spurfans like you seem to do on a regular basis.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 03-16-2011 at 12:27 AM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #64
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

you don't have to physically be at the game to realize that our home crowd is tame compared to crowds like portland. anyone watching the games on tv can observe this. give me a break
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #65
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Rhetorical question, mostly. Though no, I've never actually looked. Thanks for the smarmy insight.
I wasn't talking about any message board functions. I was talking about the fact that you don't have to talk to him. No one is forcing your hands to type.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #66
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
By the way, it seems like everyone has forgotten that we didn't have Haywood or Peja tonight. I love this board, but sometimes people are just too emotional... People say things like Brewer should have played instead of Stevenson, which is fine, but you can only say that after the game is over. I'm now certain that if Brewer played and we still lost, the same people would have said that Stevenson should have played. Honestly guys, CHILL OUT!
A lot of people, I know Dub, and myself included, have been calling for more Brewer since he got here.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #67
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't talking about any message board functions. I was talking about the fact that you don't have to talk to him. No one is forcing your hands to type.
Again, thanks for the smarmy insight.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #68
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
A lot of people were complaining about Dirk's rebounding. In the last 3 games he has 30. 11 tonight. Lets take notice of this. Way too many offensive boards. Next highest guy had 5.

Tyson got shafted on 3 or 4 fouls which made things tough. Still, Tyson's defense has disappointed me lately. He's not blocking any shots. He's committing silly fouls (tonight aside) and he's getting scored on pretty easily. I don't feel nearly as confident about him as I used to. Hope Haywood is okay.

Dirk played his ass off.

Marion had another great game until the final few minutes where his inability to hit a jumper really hurt us. It's stupid to have him in the corner, because when it gets swung to him, he NEVER takes the open 15-18 footer. Instead he forces it inside or forces a pass.

Kidd's inability to score also REALLY hurts us late. It's real tough when Dirk and Terry are the only guys down the stretch who can score. Dirk gets doubled, and if Terry isn't open, we're shit out of luck.

Terry hit a few big shots in the 4th, but he also played some terrible terrible defense. That turnover was huge. He's not why we lost, though.

JJB was absolute garbage. Pathetic. He dribbles out the shot clock and dumps the ball off on someone else or forces up a stupid drive. That's not going to cut it. Again, like against L.A., he panics when a bigger defender ballhawks him (Rudy, Kobe). Scouts notice these things.

Roddy played great early, minus a few to's. Would have liked to see him get some minutes in the 4th to alleviate the offensive pressure on Dirk.

Would have liked to seen Brewer over DeShawn.

Ian played okay. Guy needs to learn to rebound.

Refs were nothing short of a joke. Pathetic. You can't breathe on LA, but guys can play Dirk like it's football. It's funny how some teams get absurd home cooking. Why can't the Mavs ever get ONE game like this one on their own home court?

Honestly, I'm not optimistic about the playoffs. Feels like it will be Dirk stepping up, maybe Marion playing well until crunch time, and flashes of Jet. That's not enough.
tyson let 'em get a 4 point play for goodness sakes. But to his defense he was just called for allowing aldridge to bang into his chest shoving him 4 feet under the basket. He was probably a little tenative about blocking out.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #69
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Kidd's inability to score also REALLY hurts us late. It's real tough when Dirk and Terry are the only guys down the stretch who can score. Dirk gets doubled, and if Terry isn't open, we're shit out of luck..
Jkiddo has GOT to take wide-open shots, he just has too. If we lose with him doing it so be it, but he HAS to take 'em./
Old 03-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #70
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Dallas Mavericks might be in the midst of a late-season slump as they suffered a 104-101 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday night in the Rose Garden. The Mavericks have now lost four of their last six games. The loss also marked their fourth consecutive defeat to a potential playoff opponent in the last 10 days (Memphis, New Orleans, Los Angeles and Portland). Dirk Nowitzki had a chance to tie the game, but he missed a three-point attempt from the corner on their last possession of the game. LaMarcus Aldridge scored 30 points in the game, but Brandon Roy emerged as the star for Portland by scoring 17 of his 21 points in the second half. The 21 points marked the most points the guard has scored since Dec. 10, 2010. Double-knee surgery forced Roy to miss a significant period of time for the Trail Blazers before returning after the All-Star Break.

Dirk Nowitzki led the Mavericks with 28 points and 11 rebounds in the losing effort. Rodrigue Beaubois had a nice bounce-back performance from the Los Angeles Lakers game as he scored a season-high 16 points. Shawn Marion (18), Jason Terry (14) and Tyson Chandler (12) made up the rest of the Mavericks to score in double figures. The Mavs are now 31-6 when at least five players score in double figures. The Mavericks are now 36-4 (.900) when they reach the century mark this season (compared to 11-16 when they score under 100 points).

Leading up to the game, Dallas had some built up some momentum over Portland as the Mavericks had won 21 of the last 26 match-ups with the Trail Blazers. Before the loss on Tuesday night, Dallas had taken the last 3-of-4 in Portland, but has struggled overall on the road against the Trail Blazers. The Mavericks hold an all-time record of just 18-45 in Portland. With the loss, Dallas fell to 10-6 on the first night of a back-to-back. The Mavericks were 15-5 in the first night of a back-to-back last season.

This could be a potential first round preview as the Mavericks fell to the No. 3 seed and the Trail Blazers moved up to the No. 6 seed. It remains to be seen whether or not the Mavericks will have a chance to regain the No. 2 seed over the Los Angeles Lakers. Either way, the Mavericks will need to crank up their defensive intensity and work on protecting the ball over the last 15 games.
read the rest at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/3/...lazers-104-101
Old 03-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #71
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
you don't have to physically be at the game to realize that our home crowd is tame compared to crowds like portland. anyone watching the games on tv can observe this. give me a break
I was at the Laker game this past Saturday and the crowd was pretty intense... and half the crowd was yellow and purple.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:33 AM   #72
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
A lot of people, I know Dub, and myself included, have been calling for more Brewer since he got here.
I'm not trying to call anyone out, but there are others who make speculations on what should have been done differently after the game is over. It's part of being a fan, true, but I believe there is room to tone it down. My two cents.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #73
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Great point, I've noticed the same thing. We know Matrix doesn't want that shot, but early on he'll turn it into a 5 foot runner. I'm okay with that shot. But down the stretch he'll either immediately pass it up, or hesitantly drive, which usually ends in a far less aggressive floater.
maybe...just maybe...there are some that really DO want the last shots and some that don't. D'em dat don't aren't the great ones.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #74
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
read the rest at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/3/...lazers-104-101

Baller status has been granted to Dirk Nowitzki. The big man had to deal with a nagging shoulder injury during the second half, but he shot 9-14 from the field and a perfect 9-9 from the free throw line. The icing on the cake would have been drilling the three-point shot to force overtime. It was a tough loss for the Mavericks, but Nowitzki did everything he could to keep the Mavericks in the game.
Baller, indeed...

Old 03-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #75
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
I'm not trying to call anyone out, but there are others who make speculations on what should have been done differently after the game is over. It's part of being a fan, true, but I believe there is room to tone it down. My two cents.
I agree. Although on this specific instance, I really think it's puzzling that Brewer is not playing more, particularly given our paucity of 3s and defense at the moment.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #76
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Dirk isn't perfect and he screws up. If you think dirk screwed up stick to your guns and take the heat. Don't go slinking off into the sunset. AT worse just ignore the *******. Works for me.

However when a guy completely caries the team and you find something to criticize, don't be surprised that someone takes umbrage.

Last edited by dude1394; 03-16-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #77
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I'm really disappointed with Chandler...after he played great defense on LA Chandler goes and slams the ball on the floor and the refs call a tech on Chandler...SMH

People need to get used to the way Stern's refs let team's play the Mavs because it's gonna get even worse in the playoffs and I'm not sure if I'll even watch.

It seems like teams are allowed to be physical with the Mavs but if the Mavs play physical back it's a foul and this has been going on since the 06 Finals.

As for Brewer is seems's like he's getting the Gerald Green treatment, I still wonder did the Mavs sign Brewer for the playoffs or did they sign him just so the Spurs couldn't get him.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:38 AM   #78
MavsFTR
Golden Member

Quote:
I agree. Although on this specific instance, I really think it's puzzling that Brewer is not playing more, particularly given our paucity of 3s and defense at the moment.
That's fine, but let me ask you this. What do you think Brewer would have done differently than what Stevenson did? Also, what do you think RC's reasoning was for playing him over Brewer?
Old 03-16-2011, 12:40 AM   #79
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
As for Brewer is seems's like he's getting the Gerald Green treatment, I still wonder did the Mavs sign Brewer for the playoffs or did they sign him just so the Spurs couldn't get him.
You don't sign a guy for THREE SEASONS just to keep him away from another team...

I imagine a big reason he isn't getting play against these playoff-caliber teams is because he isn't fully acclimated to our system and we need wins.

I'm hoping we'll see more from him against some of these scrub teams coming up on our schedule (we play the Warriors three times and the Clippers twice in our next 15 games...)

Old 03-16-2011, 12:42 AM   #80
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I'm really disappointed with Chandler...after he played great defense on LA Chandler goes and slams the ball on the floor and the refs call a tech on Chandler...SMH

People need to get used to the way Stern's refs let team's play the Mavs because it's gonna get even worse in the playoffs and I'm not sure if I'll even watch.

It seems like teams are allowed to be physical with the Mavs but if the Mavs play physical back it's a foul and this has been going on since the 06 Finals.

It's the gift and the curse with Chandler's energy. He clearly can lift the team's spirit, but he can also get caught up in the moment. You can tell him to try to relax a little bit, but you've got to let him be who he is.

And I'll echo UDs point, 3 yrs for Brewer...they like him. He's still working on getting into the system.