Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #321
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
No way. Magloire is a former All-Star. Damp hasn't even come close to making on the All-Star team. It's an easy decision who starts.
Are you doing a bit?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #322
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No way. Magloire is a former All-Star. Damp hasn't even come close to making on the All-Star team. It's an easy decision who starts.
And the green boxes go tumbling down, down, down... to the ground...

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #323
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Are you still frustrated that Marquis was traded?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:09 PM   #324
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ok if you're going to do recreational drugs, you need to bring enough to share with everyone.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #325
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Magloire claimed off waivers by Atlanta Hawks

ESPN.com news services

Updated: February 26, 2008, 5:21 PM ET

In a surprise move Tuesday the Atlanta Hawks claimed Center Jamaal Magloire off of waivers. Several NBA personnel were expecting Jamaal to sign with the Dallas Mavericks once he was scheduled to clear waivers at 6:00PM.

Jamaal Magloire

"I was surprised but look forward to a new opportunity in Atlanta" Jamaal said when asked for comment on the waiver claim.

The Atlanta Hawks GM George Gervin said that he is excited to be able to add someone of size to the Hawks roster and hopes that the beefed up lineup can contend for a playoff spot in the weaker East.

link

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-26-2008 at 08:12 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #326
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate you.

That was well done.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-26-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #327
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: okay, I can't be too mad. That's a catchy tune.

"Never gonna tell a lie... and hurt you..."

AHEM

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-26-2008 at 08:19 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #328
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Shoulda checked the link before you freaked out thiggy =D

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #329
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Haha that was a good one. Very catchy tune.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #330
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Shoulda checked the link before you freaked out thiggy =D
I rolled over it after posting and knew what was coming as I clicked.

Bravo U2.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #331
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

haha! Oh my. That was a good one.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #332
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

WTH? Well played U2, my heart sunk until I checked the link....haha
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #333
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I rolled over it after posting and knew what was coming as I clicked.

Bravo U2.
Yea, once I saw the You Tube icon, I knew I'd been rolled.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #334
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

hahaha

Well done sir.

Rick Roll was underrated.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #335
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I figured the GM name would get y'all first.....

Old 02-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #336
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo

I completely glossed over that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #337
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Magloire claimed off waivers by Atlanta Hawks

ESPN.com news services

Updated: February 26, 2008, 5:21 PM ET

In a surprise move Tuesday the Atlanta Hawks claimed Center Jamaal Magloire off of waivers. Several NBA personnel were expecting Jamaal to sign with the Dallas Mavericks once he was scheduled to clear waivers at 6:00PM.

Jamaal Magloire

"I was surprised but look forward to a new opportunity in Atlanta" Jamaal said when asked for comment on the waiver claim.

The Atlanta Hawks GM George Gervin said that he is excited to be able to add someone of size to the Hawks roster and hopes that the beefed up lineup can contend for a playoff spot in the weaker East.

link
Just when I thought our braintrust had redeemed itself...this damn thing happens.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #338
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:

My vision was red with rage at that point. I barely made it to the link.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #339
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

arggggggggggggg
Old 02-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #340
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #341
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

yuckety, yuck, yuck.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:45 PM   #342
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

It's done.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/Notebook_022608.html
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #343
Windmill360
Diamond Member

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"
Old 02-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #344
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Kidd, Allen, Wright, Magloire for Harris, Hassel, Ager, KVH & two picks.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:57 PM   #345
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
Kidd, Allen, Wright, Magloire for Harris, Hassel, Ager, KVH & two picks.
You might as well say Kidd & Magloire for Harris, Diop and two picks. If you are thinking short to mid-term--say 1 to 3 years--then it's a heckuva deal for the Mavs. Longer term-- 5 years plus, it favors the Nets.

Given each team's competitive horizon, I think it's a good deal for both teams.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #346
Windmill360
Diamond Member

knew i forgot someone.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:47 PM   #347
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

classic. Rick Roll. LOL

that sh*t always gets embedded in a link somewhere.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:29 AM   #348
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
arggggggggggggg
Quote:
haha rep for you
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:35 PM   #349
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
now we have another center~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #350
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
true.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #351
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
And they're both French guys I think.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #352
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Rick Roll for president.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #353
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
And they're both French guys I think.
REALLY??
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote