Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-09-2003, 02:00 AM   #41
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Why GP and Malone going to LA isn't that bad

well, a team with two first tier players and 10 third tier players won the championship 3 of the last 4 years.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:16 AM   #42
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Those Lakers changed their lineups, and next yr's teams will be better than before. The Lakers will not be the only team to improve.

Well How about this, lets say that the Spurs sign Kidd, Kandi, and Brand, and trade Parker and another player for a solid forward. Wouldn't they be considered favorites b/c they won it all last season?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 02:30 AM   #43
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default Why GP and Malone going to LA isn't that bad

Brand would wait until he is un-restricted next year. If he didn't Spurs would have to offer him a contract that Clips would match becasue the Spurs couldn't pay him alot with Kidd coming in.

If they did get him, you have Brand, Kandi, Duncan, one of them wouldn't be signed because that is just wasted cap space.

I don't know if Kandi would be that good of an impact if they couldn't sign Brand. I don't think Kandi would be happy in SA with his touches, and i don't think Poppa would love his work ethic.

I don't know much about trading Parker for a SF, they already had a great defender and 3 point shooter in Bowen, which is the what Poppa wants.

Although Kidd is the best pg in the game, he doesn't fit in their slow down, throw it in, kick it back out, shoot the 3 style.

But if that did happen then they would probably be favorites, but they haven't committed to SA yet.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:56 AM   #44
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

What? they have all the players needed for Kidd to pad his assist off of, including the main one in Duncan, but the problem with him coming to SA is that he wouldn't solve any of the Spurs's problems.

If the clips match the Spurs offer, they could definitely get Kandi and maybe Odom, b/c sterling won't match all of their offers. And if they trade Parker and Jackson for another solid player, they would be even better.

But that's another subject.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote