Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #161
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Great game, loved the D. Dirk you magnificent beast, love you. Kidd came back to earth in the last 2 games with his shooting, but still very good numbers in the series. Hopefully he'll knock them down against the Lakers.

The center tandem was a little bit quiet, but worked hard as always. Man, they're in for a fight. :O Loved Jose's playmaking, also Terry was huuuge. A great scoring, and passing night. Marion had a very good game also. Just a top notch team effort. Lake show next. Don't know what to think, but i try to be optimistic.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #162
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynum4MVP View Post
In the 2 Laker wins this year, Dirk was stopped in the 4th quarter (when Odom was defending him) and other guys had to step up.
In the last Lakers win (the one where Terry got ejected near the beginning of the 4th), Dirk didn't even play the final 4:55 of the game and he still dropped 27 points, including 5 of the measly 12 points that Dallas scored in the 4th.

In the other Lakers win, Dirk scored 6 points in the final 3:10 and 25 points for the game - Dirk's bad pass down the stretch had nothing to do with Lamar Odom.

Have fun betting against 4th Quarter Dirk!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-29-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #163
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
In the last Lakers win (the one where Terry got ejected near the beginning of the 4th), Dirk didn't even play the final 4:55 of the game and he still dropped 27 points, including 5 of the measly 12 points that Dallas scored in the 4th.
Odom outscored Dirk 9 to 5 in that 4th.

Quote:
In the other Lakers win, Dirk scored 6 points in the final 3:10 and 25 points for the game - Dirk's bad pass down the stretch had nothing to do with Lamar Odom.

Have fun betting against 4th Quarter Dirk!
Odom wasn't in the game for those 6 points (maybe he was in for 2 points, I don't remember 100%). But I do know that was Gasol defending him for at least 4 points.

In any case, 6 points and 5 points for Dirk in the 4th quarter would be great for the Lakers.

I don't think ~5 points in the 4th for Dirk will be sufficient for the Mavs to pull out a close game.

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 04-29-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Bynum4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #164
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

This Lakers fan sure is bringing some good takes. Really thoughtful and insightful stuff.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #165
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
This Lakers fan sure is bringing some good takes. Really thoughtful and insightful stuff.
Thankyou....not sure if that is sarcastic or not but thankyou nonetheless

I'll leave you all alone now.

Gotta give props to this board and members, one can actually discuss things even if it's with a "Lakerfan".

I was banned from the Hornets forum for simply disagreeing with the "the NBA is rigged like the WWE" theory. Bunch of closed-minded wusses over there.

Monday, we'll finally find out what Mavs/Lakers in a Playoff series looks like.

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 04-29-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Bynum4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #166
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynum4MVP View Post
Thankyou....not sure if that is sarcastic or not but thankyou nonetheless

I'll leave you all alone now.

Gotta give props to this board and members, one can actually discuss things even if it's with a "Lakerfan".

I was banned from the Hornets forum for simply disagreeing with the "the NBA is rigged like the WWE" theory. Bunch of closed-minded wusses over there.

Monday, we'll finally find out what Mavs/Lakers in a Playoff series looks like.

. .. but the NBA is rigged. As long as you're civil and thoughtful, you won't get banned for being wrong around here. Don't be surprised, though, if some night you wake up and Bennett Salvatore is standing over your bed, licking his whistle while he plants a dissected pair of Zoom Kobe V's on the empty pillow next to you.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #167
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Terry said. "Defensively, this probably was my best series since I've been a Maverick."
I concur. Not that the bar is very high, but I concur.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:33 AM   #168
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

i agree.i'm very surprise for terry series...good,very good.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #169
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

You know.... as much as I love watching Mavs games, I'm really glad there isn't one on today.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:15 AM   #170
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Just re-watched this game. Mmmmmmmmmm.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:57 AM   #171
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
You know.... as much as I love watching Mavs games, I'm really glad there isn't one on today.
During the playoffs, it's good to have a break or two from the Mavs.

All this anxiety I get from close playoff games is in no way good for my heart.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 05-01-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #172
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

(I'd rather the game be on today (say 2:30) than at 9:30 tomorrow. That way I don't have to go to be at 12:30 or 1:00 Tuesday morning.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
departure of the quack?, return of the quack!