Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-28-2023, 12:05 AM   #1
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

As someone else said, I would 100% take Capela and his contract over Ayton. Perfect stop gap with Lively who has similar skill set what we hope Lively will be

Not giving up a FRP or Hardy green so maybe they can hammer out something else.

I like Ayton. Think he?d do fine here. But not on 30m.
Old 06-28-2023, 12:58 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Skin just tweeted 4/160

Assuming that means Kyrie is resigned?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 03:11 AM   #3
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be fine with either.

So what would it take for Capela...THJ/2027 FRP? Maxi/Bullock/2027?
He makes the most sense to me because of his age and the ability to help develop Lively.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 03:14 AM   #4
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Skin just tweeted 4/160

Hard to believe he would accept that, but then again there doesnt seem to be a lot of interest in the market.

Didnt he turn down something like 4/190 from Nets?
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 03:43 AM   #5
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Skin just tweeted 4/160

Maybe, but I doubt he?s more privy to info than Woj or stein
Old 06-28-2023, 07:08 AM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming that Skin is right, who would prefer the deal to a decreasing number?

23-24 $44,285,714
24-25 $41,428,571
25-26 $38,571,429
26-27 $35,714,286
$160m

+++

Numbers reversed from
Mavs(New)CBA
@CBAMavs
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 07:11 AM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Maybe, but I doubt he?s more privy to info than Woj or stein
He hasn't mentioned the number, but Woj is saying all signs are pointing to Kyrie re-signing.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 09:31 AM   #8
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Man, tougher call than I would think on Ayton vs. Capela. The latter is the better defender and rebounder, while Ayton is clearly the better offensive player. The salaries would certainly play a role as you could think of it as Capela + an MLE type contract guy vs. just Ayton at $32.5MM next year and growing to $35MM in 2025. Not ideal when you'll have Luka and Kyrie on big contracts and trying to fill out a support cast. Then again, Ayton would be the higher value dude on the trade block should the Mavs feel the need to break it up and replenish the cupboard.

But for my money, if you're trying to win now with Luka and Kyrie, give me Capela. It does seem the Mavs are trying to make one of the Suns/Hawks flinch first with some very uncharacteristic rumors being readily available. In the end, I don't see why the Hawks would dump Capela now that Collins is offloaded.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 10:12 AM   #9
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Man, tougher call than I would think on Ayton vs. Capela. The latter is the better defender and rebounder, while Ayton is clearly the better offensive player. The salaries would certainly play a role as you could think of it as Capela + an MLE type contract guy vs. just Ayton at $32.5MM next year and growing to $35MM in 2025. Not ideal when you'll have Luka and Kyrie on big contracts and trying to fill out a support cast. Then again, Ayton would be the higher value dude on the trade block should the Mavs feel the need to break it up and replenish the cupboard.

But for my money, if you're trying to win now with Luka and Kyrie, give me Capela. It does seem the Mavs are trying to make one of the Suns/Hawks flinch first with some very uncharacteristic rumors being readily available. In the end, I don't see why the Hawks would dump Capela now that Collins is offloaded.
I agree with all of that, but unfortunately I agree the most with the very last sentence. The Hawks are not eager to move Capela. In the end, I don't see the Mavs getting either player. I think we're going to have to role with Holmes and Lively as our centers. Hopefully Holmes can have a bounceback year and hopefully Lively can at least play a few minutes of good defense a game.

I'm really hoping we can get Bruce Brown with the MLE. I think he's the perfect fit to round out the backcourt.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-28-2023 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-28-2023, 10:22 AM   #10
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I agree with all of that, but unfortunately I agree the most with the very last sentence. The Hawks are not eager to move Capela. In the end, I don't see the Mavs getting either player. I think we're going to have to role with Holmes and Lively as our centers. Hopefully Holmes can have a bounceback year and hopefully Lively can at least play a few minutes of good defense a game.

I'm really hoping we can get Bruce Brown with the MLE. I think he's the perfect fit to round out the backcourt.
Love Brown and hope wing is actually our target. Brown, Williams, and Brooks for me and in that order.

Honestly, if we could land Brown, I'd be in favor of moving the 2027 FRP for Capela.
Old 06-28-2023, 10:51 AM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Heat want Wood. Possible we get Vincent for him per Fish
Old 06-28-2023, 11:20 AM   #12
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Heat want Wood. Possible we get Vincent for him per Fish
That would be huge if possible
Old 06-28-2023, 11:03 AM   #13
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Rumor that Mavs have been talking to Raptors about Siakam.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 11:31 AM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Yeah, that's totally gonna happen...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 01:18 PM   #15
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Not happening but I'd send them Hardy, Bullock, THJ and 2027 1st if they want it to land Siakam
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 02:22 PM   #16
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Not happening but I'd send them Hardy, Bullock, THJ and 2027 1st if they want it to land Siakam
That would cost you Green as well.

And they'd still say no.

Old 06-28-2023, 11:09 AM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

OMax wants 2: Kyrie says you can have it
D-Live wants 1: no. That belongs to the great and hallowed Theo Pinson
Old 06-28-2023, 12:05 PM   #18
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just give Theo a cheerleader outfit. Problem solved.
Old 06-28-2023, 12:05 PM   #19
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Isn't Pinson a free agent? Doesn't add up
Old 06-28-2023, 12:35 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kenyon Martin Jr reportedly about to be traded.

Three separate past rumors have linked us to them
Old 06-28-2023, 02:06 PM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Kenyon Martin Jr reportedly about to be traded.

Three separate past rumors have linked us to them
Linked to being in the trade or to getting Martin Jr?

Old 06-28-2023, 02:19 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Linked to being in the trade or to getting Martin Jr?
Recent reports are he?s on the move

Lots of rumors (but not this year) that we?d had interest.

Kind of a 1+1=2 but no rumor we?re interested this year
Old 06-28-2023, 02:31 PM   #23
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Oh and so much for that Kyrie is sure to stay report...

https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1674137842635755530

I trust Woj and Stein more, obviously, but we all know how our free agencies go.

Old 06-28-2023, 03:10 PM   #24
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:

I trust Woj and Stein more, obviously, but we all know how our free agencies go.
Anyone that doesn?t think he?s looking for max years max money is living in fantasy land. Will he get it is the question.

Of course this will hinder any other FA moves
Old 06-28-2023, 09:05 PM   #25
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:

I don't think anyone should read anything ominous into this. It would be absolutely shocking if Kyrie didn't at least meet with other teams. Him re-singing here is still by far and away the most likely scenario. His value is at an all-time low. I think his probably going to very disappointed by the offers he'll get.

All that being said, we do need to brace ourselves for the possibility he does leave. It will be a major setback in the short run, but turn out might be a blessing in disguise a year or two down the road.
Old 06-28-2023, 02:39 PM   #26
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Pels looking for a mobile center and have Valencuinus on the block. Trade them Wood or preferrably the Bullock/McGee combo for 1 year of Valencinus and his 15 mil deal. I like the idea of Mavs trending toward playing faster though but Valenciunus is a good center and rebounds and is respectable from 3. Just big and slow.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 02:41 PM   #27
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

3/60 Vuc back to Chicago. Kinda a bargain in today's CBA.

Old 06-28-2023, 04:12 PM   #28
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Don?t sign kyrie to max. Rather sign and trade him.
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 05:02 PM   #29
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
Honestly wouldn't be opposed to that - but who could we reasonably trade him for?
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 07:03 PM   #30
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Honestly wouldn't be opposed to that - but who could we reasonably trade him for?
Ayton lol
Old 06-28-2023, 09:35 PM   #31
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Sure they could do that

And if they end up missing the playoffs watch Luka walk his ass right out door.

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-28-2023 at 09:36 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 09:46 PM   #32
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Sure they could do that

And if they end up missing the playoffs watch Luka walk his ass right out door.
Trade for crap load of 1sts and bunch solid players. Ain?t scared that either. Chance rebuild.
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 10:33 PM   #33
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
The Clippers aren?t guaranteeing guard Eric Gordon?s $21 million contract and he?ll become a free agent, sources tell ESPN. Gordon has averaged 16 points on 37 percent three-point shooting in his 15-year career.
Old 06-28-2023, 10:44 PM   #34
MFFL
Guru

Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine

Reggie Bullock's contract with the Mavericks for next season will be fully guaranteed at midnight at $10.5 million, league sources say.

That figure would have dropped to $5.5 million had Dallas waived Bullock before today's deadline.

Last edited by MFFL; 06-28-2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:23 AM   #35
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Trade for crap load of 1sts and bunch solid players. Ain?t scared that either. Chance rebuild.
Your affinity of jettisoning all-stars and all-time players is second to none here.
Old 06-28-2023, 05:16 PM   #36
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Plot twist: Kyrie walks but Hardy is the GOAT next year and makes Lillard look tame. Mavs have room for a max slot.
Old 06-28-2023, 07:17 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Twitter going nuts right now

People think Bullock will be waived
Miles Turner liking Mavs posts about us needing a center
Rumors abound that KAT is coming to DAL or PHX
Kyrie buddy Taurean Prince got waived by Minnie. Now he?s liking all Mavs posts.

Crazy and still 2 days until we can officially talk to outside guys

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-28-2023 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2023, 07:49 PM   #38
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Twitter going nuts right now

People think Bullock will be waived
Miles Turner liking Mavs posts about us needing a center
Rumors abound that KAT is coming to DAL or PHX
Kyrie buddy Taurean Prince got waived by Minnie. Now he?s liking all Mavs posts.

Crazy and still 2 days until we can officially talk to outside guys
I don't get the Prince stuff. Last thing we need is another guy that can't rebound.

Old 06-28-2023, 10:53 PM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I mean, it seems like a no-brainer to keep Reggie esp for trade purposes.

Old 06-28-2023, 11:12 PM   #40
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope we stay away from Ayton. Trying to keep him motivated is too much to mess with. Peak performance Ayton would be great, but I'm so tired of not getting enough from big men. It would drive me crazy if he came here and didn't become the absolute best version he could be. I'd rather roll with Holmes and Lively.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote