Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #121
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Been puzzled about why Houston let Parsons walk into free agency, and the only thing that makes sense is that Chandler asked for/demanded it. Perhaps he told them that he would re-sign, perhaps he wanted out. Perhaps he just wanted to get paid and was upset with how little he got. Each one has interesting and different implications.
Im thinking Morey is so cocky he doesnt think his sh-t stinks and took the situation for granted.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:06 AM   #122
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Win win either way. If they don't match we get a young star that fills a huge hole for us. If they match they are hamstrung with the fact they have 3 max contracts on the books that didn't get them out of the first round last year without any salary room to improve the team. lol. Either way I'm not overly concerned with losing out on Deng or Ariza at their current market value and will be content to scrap the bottom of the barrel for the bargains like we did last year.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:34 AM   #123
Songbard

Songbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really nice

SIAP, but isn't this the same scenario we had with Gortat, and lost out on?
Songbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:59 AM   #124
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Just thought of something, if we end up keeping Parsons, and the Rockets get Bosh... Imagine how hard our division will be. You got the best team in the league in the Spurs, the team that took them to 7 games that upgraded a lot with Tyson and Parsons in the Mavs, the Rockets who were already good and now have a big three, then the Grizzlies who won 50 games last year with Gasol missing 1/3 of the year so they'll be better, and even the Pelicans who just got Asik and are getting Holiday back healthy and of course have Davis who'all only get better...

The division gonna be hell next year O_o

Last edited by Vinsanity; 07-10-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:38 AM   #125
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Just thought of something, if we end up keeping Parsons, and the Rockets get Bosh... Imagine how hard our division will be. You got the best team in the league in the Spurs, the team that took them to 7 games that upgraded a lot with Tyson and Parsons in the Mavs, the Rockets who were already good and now have a big three, then the Grizzlies who won 50 games last year with Gasol missing 1/3 of the year so they'll be better, and even the Pelicans who just got Asik and are getting Holiday back healthy and of course have Davis who'all only get better...

The division gonna be hell next year O_o
The only way Chris Bosh goes to Houston is if Lebron leaves the Heat. Imo, Lebron will make his decision in the next 3 days, otherwise everything will blow up for Chris Bosh's face. If the Rockets does not match the 3y/45m, and Lebron decides to stay in Miami, thats when the Rockets are screwed.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:40 AM   #126
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Default David Lord and Fisher's take on why Houston can't sign both Bosh (max) and Chandler

he DallasMavericks have agreed to a three-year offer sheet for Chandler Parsons, sources tell DB.com, which they intend to offer and get signed at 11:01 p.m. Thursday. Yahoo reports that the deal will be worth $46 million (max three-year salary for Parsons), and the clock will be begin on the three-day issue (the time Houston gets to decide whether to match-and-retain), ending at 5 p.m. Sunday.

With this move, has Dallas pinched a favorite Rocket away from Houston?

To get right to the point of the pinch: Once this contract is in Parsons' hand, Houston loses the option to keep his matching rights OR loses the room it needs to max Chris Bosh.

Here are the numbers showing what the Houston cap would look like if they traded away everyone except Howard and Harden, and wanted to retain matching Bird rights to sign Parsons after they added Bosh. The problem for Houston in that scenario is that the max money they are promising to Bosh will take cap room of around 20.5M, and they be left short. ----sorrry numbers wouldn't paste

There had been one other option open to the Rockets, as an angle to have enough money to pay a max deal to Bosh while still having the ability to sign Parsons. That would have entailed Houston withdrawing their qualifying offer but keeping the less-costly Bird rights hold, signing Bosh first, and then signing Parsons using Bird rights. There would not be “matching rights” control in this scenario, but it could work cap-wise, with Parsons’ cooperation. Here are those numbers: Sorry, numbers wouldn't paste

However, by getting Parson’s commitment to an offer sheet, the Mavs have effectively slammed shut that “have-our-cake-and-eat-it-too” door that the Rockets would prefer. Once that offer sheet is signed, if Houston drops the matching-rights control, Parsons will be a Mav.

Some other moving parts here:

*NBA sources tell DB.com that the Mavs have effectively moved away from their one-percent pipedream of LeBron James. Their feeling is that he's narrowed his choices to the Cavs and Heat and that Dallas has "run out the ground ball here.''

*This fits with a mid-afternoon quote from a Mavs source to DB.com, saying, "We're done waiting.'' Next thing you know, there's a commitment to do an offer sheet.

*We are hearing from the NBA grapevine, but have yet to confirm, that it may have a couple features that might make Houston hesitate. One is a trade kicker, which would make it more costly for Houston to keep Parsons now and then trade him later. A second is that it’s a three-year deal with a player option on its final year to make it more attractive to the 6-9 forward Parsons, who averaged 16.6 points and 5.5 rebounds for the Rockets this season playing on his cheap rookie deal. A third is that the size of Parsons’ first-year salary, along with Bosh’s, would virtually guarantee that Houston would end up as an over-the-apron taxpayer this season.

*Yahoo reports that Houston attempted to negotiate a pre-emptive wink-wink agreement with Parsons today. The fact he will sign an offer sheet with Dallas suggests that the Rockets “trust us” overture was rejected.

*Will the Rockets match the offer? Sources tell us Houston is flirting with Luol Deng and Trevor Ariza -- and that the Mavs are also in touch with their backup plans.

*At one time it was thought that Houston allowed Parsons to go "free'' (in the form of restricted free agency) as part of a master plan to simply bring him back into the fold alongside Dwight, Harden and another star (say, Chris Bosh).

Now? The Rockets' problem might be the Mavs' answer at small forward: With Bosh getting a max offer from the Rockets (though they could back off from it), the pieces don't fit mathematically in Houston.
Smile
Could the Rockets try to persuade Bosh to sign for less than the max, allowing them extra room to keep Parsons and perhaps others as well? Sure. But it’s more likely that Houston will be forced to choose. ... and the Rockets did already commit that four-year, max deal to Bosh. (By the way, Bosh's max isn't the reported $96 mil for four years. It starts at about $20.5 mil and would therefore total about $87,535,000.)

Last edited by Eman; 07-10-2014 at 06:44 AM.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #127
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk about CP vs. LD or TA...

I'm a fan of CP but the argument is NOT about them 1v1. I would assume Deng or Ariza would garner a contract that is significantly less than Parson's. The argument should be Parsons vs. Deng + solid veteran (most likely, a big man).

With that being said, after sleeping on this I'm pretty happy with the offer for Parsons. It's a win win whether Houston matches or not (I still firmly believe they will bc if they are going all in on Bosh they are going all in in the next 3+ years to win a title).

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 07-10-2014 at 07:49 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #128
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

It'll all come down whether or not the Rockets want to pay tax.

Granted LeBron stays, they'll match. If the King decides to head home, I would assume a minor paycut for Bosh isn't an obstacle although Houston did lure him with a true max deal. And Houston seems to be able to easily move the required pieces.

So I think if they want to, they'll be able to get Bosh and keep Parsons.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #129
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming if we sign Parsons, and considering our expirings, we still have a shot at another max player next summer?

Contact Me
Old 07-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #130
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I'm assuming if we sign Parsons, and considering our expirings, we still have a shot at another max player next summer?
I'd love to hear this answered, myself.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #131
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

So, what percentage chance do you guys think there is of Parsons playing in a Mavs uniform next year?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #132
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Yes, Tyson + Wright come off the books. With cap raise we should have well over 20M.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #133
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Yes, Tyson + Wright come off the books. With cap raise we should have well over 20M.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Contact Me
Old 07-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #134
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
So, what percentage chance do you guys think there is of Parsons playing in a Mavs uniform next year?
I'd put it at 50/50 right now.

Contact Me
Old 07-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #135
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Monta comes off as well, if you assume he declines his player option.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #136
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

I keep hearing Houston is talking to Deng & Ariza and the assumption is they're backup plans for Parsons, but I think they're the backup plan for Bosh. If Bosh doesn't commit within 3 days they'll probably sign Deng and then match on Parsons. Either way, I think there's about a 90% chance they match the Parsons offer, and Cuban probably knows it. Morey will have some awkward moments with their owner explaining why paying Parsons $15mm instead of $900k this year was a smart choice.

After Parsons is matched, I'm hoping they split the remaining cap space between Isaiah Thomas ($8 million) and Paul Pierce ($7million). I don't think the Mavs care to pay Deng or Ariza over $12 million a year so I don't think they care about missing out on them.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #137
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I personally don't think the FO would have extended an offer if they were sure that Houston would match.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #138
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I personally don't think the FO would have extended an offer if they were sure that Houston would match.
That's actually an interesting point. We could have pitched Ariza or Deng a lucrative deal as well, but went with Parsons.

On the other hand: Everyone's waiting for LeDecision, at this point Parsons was the only one to get. I still think they have to like their chances.

Last edited by j0Shi; 07-10-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #139
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
I keep hearing Houston is talking to Deng & Ariza and the assumption is they're backup plans for Parsons, but I think they're the backup plan for Bosh. If Bosh doesn't commit within 3 days they'll probably sign Deng and then match on Parsons. Either way, I think there's about a 90% chance they match the Parsons offer, and Cuban probably knows it. Morey will have some awkward moments with their owner explaining why paying Parsons $15mm instead of $900k this year was a smart choice.

After Parsons is matched, I'm hoping they split the remaining cap space between Isaiah Thomas ($8 million) and Paul Pierce ($7million). I don't think the Mavs care to pay Deng or Ariza over $12 million a year so I don't think they care about missing out on them.
Pierce would be a good fit to replace Trix. He and Dirk can go out together.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #140
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's actually an interesting point. We could have pitched Ariza or Deng a lucrative deal as well, but went with Parsons.

On the other hand: Everyone's waiting for LeDecision, at this point Parsons was the only one to get. I still think they have to like their chances.
I just don't think Ariza or Deng have the same potential to improve that Parsons has. When Cuban was on with Ben and Skin just before the start of FA, he more or less hinted at going after Parsons. He said he wasn't afraid to go after a RFA, the Mavs needed to get younger, and if that team matched, it would hurt their cap space. I think the need to get younger part really tipped the scales in favor of Parsons. I think there is a small risk that Deng or especially Ariza could be worse this next season. There is almost no risk of that with Parsons. The Mavs desperately needed shooting in the starting lineup, and he'll fit that bill perfectly.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #141
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if this was posted already but this is a video of Parson's Strengths and Weaknesses: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Parsons-5050/

PS- His ball fakes and floaters are something serious.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #142
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

If Houston matches, and I was the Houston owner, I'd want a really good explanation as to why chandler parsons was worth 29 million for one guaranteed year.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #143
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

According to David Lord, Houston Can't sign Bosh to the max (while keeping Dwight and Harden) without taking the restriction off Parsons. If they do that, Parsons is automatically ours (because he's an unrestricted free agent that signed an offer sheet).

Of course if Houston doesn't sign Bosh, they could pay 12 mill for Deng and resign Parson's, but then they'd have 2 small forwards for 27mill?

Last edited by Eman; 07-10-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #144
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
If Houston matches, and I was the Houston owner, I'd want a really good explanation as to why chandler parsons was worth 29 million for one guaranteed year.
Especially since they went out in the first round. Houston is NOT currently a contender. That is why I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Houston matches even if they don't get Bosh.

Now watch them match today.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #145
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

With lower-than-expected salary cap, will Rockets and Pelicans still complete Omer Asik trade?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #146
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I'm not sure if this was posted already but this is a video of Parson's Strengths and Weaknesses: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Parsons-5050/

His offense is the perfect compliment to Dirk and Monta. He can average 17+ points while never having a play ran for him. I can see him being a solid #2 scorer for years to come in the right offense. Working with Dirk for 3 years will do wonders for his game. Defensively people are being way too critical. It's been noted by several scouts ( including that video) that his weaknesses have nothing to do with athleticism, but rather a lack of focus at times and perhaps willingness to get tough in the paint. Every indicator says Carlisle will have a massive impact on this part of his game.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 01-06-2015 at 04:41 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #147
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
I agree.

I would prefer to have Pierce and Marion myself but it is a great fallback option
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #148
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
According to David Lord, Houston Can't sign Bosh to the max (while keeping Dwight and Harden) without taking the restriction off Parsons. If they do that, Parsons is automatically ours (because he's an unrestricted free agent that signed an offer sheet).

Of course if Houston doesn't sign Bosh, they could pay 12 mill for Deng and resign Parson's, but then they'd have 2 small forwards for 27mill?
lol at Houston if they pay 12m to Deng

Contact Me
Old 07-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #149
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
His offense is the perfect compliment to Dirk and Monte. He can average 17+ points while never having a play ran for him. I can see him being a solid #2 scorer for years to come in the right offense. Working with Dirk for 3 years will do wonders for his game. Defensively people are being way too critical. It's been noted by several scouts ( including that video) that his weaknesses have nothing to do with athleticism, but rather a lack of focus at times and perhaps willingness to get tough in the paint. Every indicator says Carlisle will have a massive impact on this part of his game.
Yeah, I think he would be perfect on this team. Apart from his scoring, I just love that he's a good passer. I can already imagine him finding Ellis on the move, or lobbing it to TC. The "Chandler connection" (Chandler Parsons to Tyson Chandler) would be a thing of beauty. But I honestly don't see how Houston just lets this guy go to a division rival for nothing. I'd be shocked if Morey doesn't match.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #150
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I agree.

I would prefer to have Pierce and Marion myself but it is a great fallback option
Good to see you back...
Old 07-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #151
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #152
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post

I'll be honest I don't like the way he shoots the ball. Too much extra movement in his body. I still think he fits in well with Monta and dirk though
Old 07-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #153
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Morey matches, he doesnt let him walk to Dallas, Morey is way too douchy-proud.

Worst case they fill thr rest of the roster with minimum guys for the next three years. But the trade kicker was brilliant, that basically denies Morey to match Parsons just to keep him as trade asset to dump him in december. rofl.

Hinkie at the Sixers is a Morey buddy, so dumping Lin wont be a problem. But the Sixers could ask now A LOT more. Lets see, if at least the NOP doesnt end up in Philly, then Hinkie is a joke.

Last edited by sefant77; 07-10-2014 at 10:36 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #154
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I think Morey matches, he doesnt let him walk to Dallas, Morey is way too douchy-proud.
I see this as the ultimate outcome. He wont let Cuban get away with it because hes a douche owner. Trying to temper expectations
Old 07-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #155
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Worst case they fill thr rest of the roster with minimum guys for the next three years. But the trade kicker was brilliant, that basically denies Morey to match Parsons just to keep him as trade asset to dump him in december. rofl..
See, that's why I think Houston doesn't match - I just don't see them wanting to pay luxury tax on a squad that can only add minimum contracts to improve after getting bounced in the 1st round. Seems like having the flexibility to trade Parsons would be a major aspect of re-signing him, especially if they wanted to take a stab at next year's FA crop before the trade deadline... That kicker could end up making all the difference.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #156
LSMF
Diamond Member

I just went over to Clutchfans and those folks are having a fit. There is a meltdown going on because Parsons took pictures with Cubes. Apparently he has also changed the colors of his Twitter background to White and Blue (Mavs Colors). Rocket fans hate for Mavs fans is like that of a younger brother who despises his older brother. No matter how much the younger brother tries he feels that his older bro is always a step ahead.

PS- I think they need to stop their whining because Morey will most likely match.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #157
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the Rockets fully plan to match Parsons if they get Bosh (presumably for a bit under Bosh's max), and that the only way they won't match is if they don't get Bosh.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #158
alby
Guru

^ yup. If they are going all in on Bosh, they are going all in on trying to bring a championship to Houston (aka match Parson's offer).

I hate to play devils advocate, but how is Houston the little brother? They have more rings than us

Contact Me
Old 07-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #159
Murphy3
Guru

Let's hope Bosh stays in Miami I suppose
Old 07-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #160
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Sounds like the Rockets fully plan to match Parsons if they get Bosh (presumably for a bit under Bosh's max), and that the only way they won't match is if they don't get Bosh.
Which makes me wonder, does that factor into LeBron's decision? I mean, really, you add Bosh to that Houston starting 5 and that team, not LeBron and the Cavs, is your title favorite for the next two years.

Tags
is this clutchfans.net?, nonclutchfans.net