Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
ghazi you really gotta stop dude...

I miss ddh.

FIXED?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #42
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
FIXED?
Are you pretending to be funny again, or what?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Post-game quotes.. Only mavs moneyball seems to have them consistently anymore.

Quote:
How big was Damp tonight, especially early on?

He played a great game. He has the ability to have major impact on our team. Some of the time I've got to be a little more patient about leaving him out there or putting him back in. When rebounding is one of your problems, a 7'2" guy is one way to solve it. He was tremendous. He was very active in the zone during the period it was effective. He just had an influence on a lot plays even if he didn't necessarily have the ball in his hands, or get a rebound, or get a block.
Gotta agree coach.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #44
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

He said the exact same thing about Singleton with Norm this morning.

I think he's just talking.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #45
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
He said the exact same thing about Singleton with Norm this morning.

I think he's just talking.
No I think he is gonna stick to what he says. Those 2 guys are our best defenders out there other then Kidd. Sing can defend multiple positions and rebound well and Damp can clog up the lane and rebound well. At least I hope he sticks to it, because he is right about keeping both of those guys out there.

Damp
Dirk
Sing
Jet
Kidd ............gives us a lot of flexibility and even when Wright is in instead of Jet or Sing

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #46
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Are you pretending to be funny again, or what?

Man, you are hard to impress. I'll break thru that thick shell of yours one day by god!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:35 PM   #47
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
It's pretty sad that they were missing Iverson, Rasheed, and Rip and it was still a one possession game.
Not really because I bet that if all those guys were playing we would of won by 10.

Will Bynum would not score a career high and scrubs wanting to get minutes wont play their hearts out if those guys played.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #48
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Our defense has dipped into the bottom half of the league as far as efficiency for the first time since the first 12 games of the season.

What to do!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #49
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

good win!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #50
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
good win!
you like post this every 20 hours after the game
Old 03-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #51
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Our defense has dipped into the bottom half of the league as far as efficiency for the first time since the first 12 games of the season.

What to do!
When you have Barea getting huge minutes as your shooting guard, and you are playing a lot of Dirk at center... the defensive numbers will go down.

I know Bass has more offensive game than Hollins but he really needs to just play Damp/Hollins all 48 minutes at center. Have Singleton and Bass rotate and get the backup 4 minutes behind Dirk as well some minutes as the small forward.

And have Barea only be out there as Kidd's backup.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #52
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
you like post this every 20 hours after the game
even when we lose
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #53
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
When you have Barea getting huge minutes as your shooting guard, and you are playing a lot of Dirk at center... the defensive numbers will go down.

I know Bass has more offensive game than Hollins but he really needs to just play Damp/Hollins all 48 minutes at center. Have Singleton and Bass rotate and get the backup 4 minutes behind Dirk as well some minutes as the small forward.

Its funny that we all insist Hollins should get more time because we'll be better defensively.

Its funny because its true.

Hollins will bite at every pump fake, commit stupid fouls, and make a stupid goaltend once in a while. He's not a good defender. Decent, but not good.

But he's 7'1". That alone makes him a better defensive option than Bass or Singleton.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #54
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Dampier was a horse last night. Would love to see him turn in games like that more often. He even looked more engaged on the offensive end. As the game he played started getting better and better, it even looked like he was working harder on his free throws. And though he ultimately passed it away, I swear at one point he tried a move in the post similar to the Dream Shake!

And Singleton is just a high, high energy. I'm liking his game more and more all the time. I like Wright's energy, too.

Barea got burned very badly on defense several times. He's just outmatched out there. On the defensive side, that is. He's a good custodian on offense.

Last edited by chumdawg; 03-18-2009 at 08:41 PM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #55
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post

I think it's "too late" in the game to try to throw Hollins out there and hope he can survive. If we're in the playoffs, every single possession is do or die and I wouldn't have that much confidence in him to be out there in that time.

The problem I still have with Singleton and Bass is I still get the impression that one cuts into the other's mojo. I don't think we can consistently expect both of them to be rolling at the same time. I mean they'll both produce, but you're not really getting what you fully expect when they're both out there...I think it's mainly on Bass' side where you see that downgrade.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #56
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

IMO Sing > Bass

Soo if it comes down to it RC should play Sing more

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #57
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Singleton is more active on defense and on the glass. Bass has forgotten how to roll, but he's a great mid-range jumpshooter. Both are good glue guys off the bench, nothing more. It is up to Carlisle to tweak the lineups and matchups accordingly, depending on the opponent.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #58
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

I expect to see a lot of the Singleton/Dirk/Bass combo tomorrow night against the lineup of Evans/Smith/Horford. Those guys are just too quick for Dampier. If Kidd/Dampier can work the pick and roll/lob early in the game to try to get Horford to pick up quick fouls, then it will prove to be very valuable to Dallas because Dampier can more than handle Zaza down low. Dirk can't go 6-20 again tonight. If we defend, not let Bibby have those open threes that gets the crowd all riled up in Atlanta, I see us pulling out a victory.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:31 AM   #59
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
I expect to see a lot of the Singleton/Dirk/Bass combo tomorrow night against the lineup of Evans/Smith/Horford. Those guys are just too quick for Dampier. If Kidd/Dampier can work the pick and roll/lob early in the game to try to get Horford to pick up quick fouls, then it will prove to be very valuable to Dallas because Dampier can more than handle Zaza down low. Dirk can't go 6-20 again tonight. If we defend, not let Bibby have those open threes that gets the crowd all riled up in Atlanta, I see us pulling out a victory.
Do people fill the stands in Atlanta? That seems like a market that doesn't give a crap until the playoffs.

I'm interested to see if Kidd tries to go at Joe Johnson first or if they go with Wright...that Joe Johnson is a beast. This is a night where I don't see starting Barea being a fit AT ALL.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #60
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Do people fill the stands in Atlanta? That seems like a market that doesn't give a crap until the playoffs.

I'm interested to see if Kidd tries to go at Joe Johnson first or if they go with Wright...that Joe Johnson is a beast. This is a night where I don't see starting Barea being a fit AT ALL.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/feature/Preview_031909.html

4. JJ Barea has been a thorn in the Hawks side in the past - is he playing as well against the rest of the league as he does against us?

Rob Mahoney: J.J. is aggressive almost all the time; sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. The fact that he does well against the Hawks probably has something to do with the fact that either Mike Bibby or Flip Murray is guarding him. Barea is pretty easily countered by teams with long, weak side shot-blockers, and having Josh Smith guard Dirk out on the perimeter limits what he would be able to do on that front. I've always considered Al Horford to be much better as a straight up, on-ball defender than a help defender, so his shot-blocking prowess likely isn't as effective against a quick, penetrating point guard who is just as much of a threat to score himself as he is to find Erick Dampier or Brandon Bass hovering for an easy bucket. Barea doesn't torment the Hawks exclusively, but their makeup does translate to a fairly optimal situation.

Can't say I'm a Barea fan, but maybe this will be one of his good nights.

However, I agree that Barea starting would pose some defensive problems. If we want Wright to defend Johnson, which we do, and Barea to defend Bibby, which he has to, that leaves Kidd on a 6'9" Williams. I suppose we could have Kidd defend Johnson, but I don't think that helps much.

Singleton would make more sense in the starting lineup, and then each player could defend his position.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #61
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
IMO Sing > Bass

Soo if it comes down to it RC should play Sing more
Yep, I'd take Singleton over Bass. Singleton's got more range to his jumper, is better at finishing off a catch/lob, is a better defender and rebounder, and has active hands. The only edge Bass has over Singleton is a slightly more consistent jump shot and the ability to create his own shot at times (usually by driving). But Bass can't even drive with consistency every night...
Old 03-19-2009, 08:29 AM   #62
tcat075
Diamond Member

Who is courageous enough to start the GDT today?

I would...but I might miss the game tonight. Doesn't seem right for someone who might miss the game to create the thread about that game.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #63
tcat075
Diamond Member

By the way...

The "re-crap" tag is awesome.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #64
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post

4. JJ Barea has been a thorn in the Hawks side in the past - is he playing as well against the rest of the league as he does against us?

Rob Mahoney: J.J. is aggressive almost all the time; sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. The fact that he does well against the Hawks probably has something to do with the fact that either Mike Bibby or Flip Murray is guarding him. Barea is pretty easily countered by teams with long, weak side shot-blockers, and having Josh Smith guard Dirk out on the perimeter limits what he would be able to do on that front. I've always considered Al Horford to be much better as a straight up, on-ball defender than a help defender, so his shot-blocking prowess likely isn't as effective against a quick, penetrating point guard who is just as much of a threat to score himself as he is to find Erick Dampier or Brandon Bass hovering for an easy bucket. Barea doesn't torment the Hawks exclusively, but their makeup does translate to a fairly optimal situation.

However, I agree that Barea starting would pose some defensive problems. If we want Wright to defend Johnson, which we do, and Barea to defend Bibby, which he has to, that leaves Kidd on a 6'9" Williams. I suppose we could have Kidd defend Johnson, but I don't think that helps much.

Singleton would make more sense in the starting lineup, and then each player could defend his position.
Yep, I would really like to see Singleton as our starting SF.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 03-19-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #65
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Who is courageous enough to start the GDT today?

I would...but I might miss the game tonight. Doesn't seem right for someone who might miss the game to create the thread about that game.
It's Alby's turn again, right?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 03-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #66
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

I don't know if somebody mentioned it already, but here's an article by Eddie Sefko about Damp's playing time.
Link

Old 03-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #67
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Its the 6-7 MO Evans that Kidd will get, a little easier than the Ariza he had to matchup up with Sunday, I think Marvin's done for the year or close to it, back injury.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
craphouse > this recap, epic fail, need new recapper, re-crap, recap fail, we suck anyway!, worst recap ever, yousuck at recaps!!