Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of
Default Mavs v Pistons recap

Unfortunatly I was unable to see this game, opted for different plans tonight. I feel a slight sense of guilt but it's only the 3rd game I've missed all year so I dont feel too bad.

But nothing to see here, we just beat a team we're supposed to beat. We're a solid hme court team, now having won 25 of our last 29 games. but just .500 on the road

@ Atlanta @ Indiana. If we have aspirations of a higher seed we will win both of these games.

Again I surmise it'll take 51 wins at least to get outta the 8th seed. Certainly our guys in blue are capable it's just a matter of going out there and doing it.

God bless our beloved Mavs.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know there's nothing to see if you didn't see it?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

Our mavs need some rest!
good win although the pistons had even more players out than we had ( iverson, rasheed )
Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

whenever they wear green you call them the guys in blue

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 03-17-2009 at 10:20 PM.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

We won this game by a nut hair...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-17-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #6
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Why would you do the game recap if you did not watch the game?

Can someone that has watched the game recap this one? I listened to it on the radio for the most part, otherwise I would do a recap.

... On another note. I hate the notion of "games we are suppose to win" as well. What about the games against teams that are "suppose" to beat us? Are we suppose to lose in those? Every game is hard fought in basketball. Its the teams that think in their head "we are suppose to win this one" that go out and dont give it a full effort and lose.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #7
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Dirk is clearly running out of gas as the season is winding down. It's very evident when you see him out there as his defensive effort and offensive creativity is just not there anymore. I guess we all sort of expected this but a worn out Dirk just means an even quicker first round exit.

Another thing I wanted to point was regarding Kidd. He looks, dare I say, clueless (?) running the offense the past two games. Against the Lakers, I thought it was just Ariza giving him trouble setting up. But he was even worse tonight. An example of this would be late in the 4th quarter, when he dribbled for 10 seconds, drove from the right side to the middle but didn't pass to Dirk and instead passed it to Wright who chucked a heavily contested three pointer, and missed badly. This on top of his lack of offense, even more so recently as his jumper is not falling. Lets hope he gets it together soon.

Lastly, I've to give some love to Singleton. He was a warrior tonight as he is every night. Other players on this team should learn a thing or two from this guy. He gives it all every night and never gives up on plays. If there is any player Mavs need to re-sign, it's Singleton.
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #8
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the zone D has made some good strides...it's not great or lockdown, but it is giving teams trouble. They're doing a better job of staying home in the spots and rotating. They're giving too much space for offensive rebounds, so they need to try to correct that uphill battle.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty sad that they were missing Iverson, Rasheed, and Rip and it was still a one possession game.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #10
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I think the zone D has made some good strides...it's not great or lockdown, but it is giving teams trouble. They're doing a better job of staying home in the spots and rotating. They're giving too much space for offensive rebounds, so they need to try to correct that uphill battle.
Yeah, Mavs have to really rely on Zone D to make up for severly lacking man to man defenders. Atleast with George and JHo, they had 4 good ones (Wright & Damp being the other two). Now, with both being out, it just doesn't work. So now they have to rely on zone D to slow teams down, even though Carlisle has never been a zone defene guy (kudos to him for implementing something he is not comfortable with).
Old 03-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #11
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
It's pretty sad that they were missing Iverson, Rasheed, and Rip and it was still a one possession game.
bit getting old.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still trying to figure out who the F that Bynum guy was.

Maybe a good strategy for opposing coaches against Dallas is "roll out some spare no one has ever heard of before and he'll kill them".

4.2ppg. 19 tonight.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #13
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

A win's a win, but the 4th quarter defense, and rebounding was dreadful.

Thankfully they didn't have Rip or Sheed because I think this game is a different outcome. But hey, beggers can't be choosers. I'll take a win any way we can get it.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #14
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Hello? Is anyone here?

Talk about apathy setting in. Holy crap.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #15
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRookie View Post
Dirk is clearly running out of gas as the season is winding down. It's very evident when you see him out there as his defensive effort and offensive creativity is just not there anymore. I guess we all sort of expected this but a worn out Dirk just means an even quicker first round exit.
Dirk is so awesome that he drops 30 and people accuse him of "running out of gas."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #16
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
... On another note. I hate the notion of "games we are suppose to win" as well. What about the games against teams that are "suppose" to beat us? Are we suppose to lose in those? Every game is hard fought in basketball. Its the teams that think in their head "we are suppose to win this one" that go out and dont give it a full effort and lose.
I'm only mentioning this because you said it four times.

The grammatically correct phrase is "supposed to", not "suppose to", even if it sounds that way when spoken. You’re supposed to know that.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #17
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Dirk is so awesome that he drops 30 and people accuse him of "running out of gas."
Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense.
Nobody was ever going to claim he was a defensive monster. The defense for the roster isn't overly great and the zone has to help mask it. They've just got to keep working at communication and everything.

As for the creativity on offense:
He might not be driving or going in the post as much, but he's making some tough as nails shots. I wouldn't say he's lacking creativity...but maybe he's not mixing it up as much as you'd like to see. Granted I haven't had the time to see the Lakers game or a lot of the Warriors game, but he threw out the "FT-Line Iso" on different spots on the floor tonight and I think he did some catch and shoot action tonight. If the stuff is working...milk it.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-17-2009 at 11:52 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:53 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I'm only mentioning this because you said it four times.

The grammatically correct phrase is "supposed to", not "suppose to", even if it sounds that way when spoken. You’re supposed to know that.
I'm Flacolaco, and I approve this message.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

Damp got a lot of touches tonight and I noticed some things that can work if they spread it out and just don't go on extended pushes of forcing the ball into Damp.

If he can move quickly off the screen and he gets his hands ready, he can pretty much get a dunk any time he wants it. He just has to take that first step strong and get to the rim. I don't know that many teams that are going to respect Damp and rush back to recover on him after he sets a screen so he just needs to get aggressive once that happens. It's going to be a good way to get cheap baskets or maybe get teams in foul trouble. I saw at least 3-4 occasions where they just pushed or wrapped around Damp to foul him to avoid the easy dunk...that stuff will add up quickly if you use it properly.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Singleton needs to get more burn.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #21
BGMaverick9
Guru

G.Green 00:01

Just throwing that out there...
Old 03-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #22
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I really think Ghazi is just trolling now.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:00 AM   #23
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope and think that Singleton will soon take the SF-Starting spot and Barea goes back to the bench. Give more touches to Damp and you have more S5 scoring

And its true, Dirk is running out of gas, you can see it more often in the last games. In the Portland-Game he looked the whole second half allready half dead, not much except that 2 daggers. And im pretty sure he is since weeks saving energy in the defense...

PS: Another teams blows us out in matters of offensiv-boards....

Last edited by sefant77; 03-18-2009 at 01:03 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:19 AM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
How do you know there's nothing to see if you didn't see it?
Ha no kidding. You shouldn't make a game recap if you didn't watch the game.

Ok game minus the Detroit's comeback. Dirk had a nice bounce-back game.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-18-2009 at 01:24 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:53 AM   #25
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
bit getting old.
What? That the Mavs aren't very good? I agree. I'm tired of it too.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:22 AM   #26
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
What? That the Mavs aren't very good? I agree. I'm tired of it too.
Quoted for truth.

It's not a "bit". Spiral has been consistent with his view of the team. And it's an opinion I agree with. I love the Mavs, but they're mediocre as hell, and it bothers the hell out of me that it will be like this for a while "barring a Gason-type deal, of course".

The Mavs had to play balls to the wall against a team without Rip, Sheed and Iverson.

It doesn't mean we're any less Mavs fans, or we don't like this organization just as much as the next guy. It's just we choose to look at things from a realistic point of view. We got the win, which is great, but we allowed 37 points in the 4th quarter at our place to a team that can barely field a decent starting lineup.

With that said.. Go Mavs!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:25 AM   #27
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Its quite disturbing that this has become a trend this season. The Spurs game without Duncan and Ginobilli where we got TORCHED, the OKC game, the Bucks game.....teams miss their stars and not only give us a run for our money but actually murder us.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:27 AM   #28
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Damp got a lot of touches tonight and I noticed some things that can work if they spread it out and just don't go on extended pushes of forcing the ball into Damp.

If he can move quickly off the screen and he gets his hands ready, he can pretty much get a dunk any time he wants it. He just has to take that first step strong and get to the rim. I don't know that many teams that are going to respect Damp and rush back to recover on him after he sets a screen so he just needs to get aggressive once that happens. It's going to be a good way to get cheap baskets or maybe get teams in foul trouble. I saw at least 3-4 occasions where they just pushed or wrapped around Damp to foul him to avoid the easy dunk...that stuff will add up quickly if you use it properly.
Can you imagine how much better our offense would flow if teams had to respect Damp potentially going off for 10-20 points per game?

He's been able to do this ever since he joined the Mavs, but for some reason he just doesn't give any effort on the more crucial end of the court...

(lazy???)

Last edited by Underdog; 03-18-2009 at 06:31 AM. Reason: the devil made me do it
Old 03-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #29
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
G.Green 00:01

Just throwing that out there...
Yup, I thought Gerald was a beast. He really was making a case for more playing time. He didn't allow a basket on defense (and forced a crazy three pointer...) and didn't miss a shot or commit a TO!

tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:17 AM   #30
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

So who likes this zone were running? It does seem to slow down some good offenses but those o-rebs allowed are such a turnoff.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #31
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
It's not a "bit". Spiral has been consistent with his view of the team. And it's an opinion I agree with. I love the Mavs, but they're mediocre as hell, and it bothers the hell out of me that it will be like this for a while "barring a Gason-type deal, of course".
I'd be willing to agree that barely making the playoffs and probably losing decisively in the first round could be considered as mediocrity.

Still, we're certainly not a Gasol-type deal away from not being mediocre anymore. Maybe a "Gason-type deal", depending on how good that guy is...

Despite our injuries, effort issues, new coaches and new system, unexplainable setbacks against teams like Milwaukee, OKC, Sacramento or Memphis and so on - we're still only two and a half men, um, games (no Freudian slip, just a lame attempt at a joke...) away from being in third place! Think about it. There's no team in the western conference except for the Lakers and, to an extent, Spurs who have been able to play a consistent season. Thus noteable improvements seem possible and within reach this coming offseason.

Having the Stack from 2005 or 2006 just might have been the difference between 3rd and 8th place this year. A guy like John Salmons could have played his role, if we had been able to trade for him before the deadline. It would not have made us a contender, but freed us from being "mediocre".

There's reason to have hope, even without a one-sided trade in our favor. We have the neccessary contracts, a profitable team, an owner who is willing to spend, and, hopefully, a useful financial environment.

Last edited by dalger; 03-18-2009 at 08:20 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #32
vRookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I am not really questioning his production, as he has been producing. I meant that he looks tired out there and it's only a matter of time before it affects his production. We can only hope that JHo comes back soon so Dirk and Jet won't have to carry the offense alone
Old 03-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #33
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRookie View Post
I am not really questioning his production, as he has been producing. I meant that he looks tired out there and it's only a matter of time before it affects his production. We can only hope that JHo comes back soon so Dirk and Jet won't have to carry the offense alone
I really hope that we are somehow able to manage the games against Atlanta and Indiana in a way to give Dirk some rest. If possible in every game which is left he should get as much rest as possible. He really needs it to have something left in the tank in the playoffs.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
I really hope that we are somehow able to manage the games against Atlanta and Indiana in a way to give Dirk some rest. If possible in every game which is left he should get as much rest as possible. He really needs it to have something left in the tank in the playoffs.
We have a four day break in between the Indiana and Golden State games - that should help...

(but not having to depend on Dirk for wins would certainly keep him fresher for the playoffs!)

Last edited by Underdog; 03-18-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: kick the gramma to yo gramma
Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #35
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Can you imagine how much better our offense would flow if teams had to respect Damp potentially going off for 10-20 points per game?

He's been able to do this ever since he joined the Mavs, but for some reason he just doesn't give any effort on the more crucial end of the court...

(lazy???)
?????

Damp has always been there on D and rebounding. He has always done a good job. Sometimes he gets burned by these prototype centers, but they cant guard themselves so I dont have a problem with that as long as Damp tries hard and continues to rebound.

Now on offense Damp still rebounds, sets GREAT screens, and gets put backs. Are yuo calling him Lazy on offense????? Because I dont see that. What I see is a mann who does everything offensively hes supposed to and does it well, yet every coach besides whoever was the coach in GS NEVER goes to him offensively. Damp gets his 6-7 points off of put backs and free throws. There is NEVER a play called for Damp and yet people expect him to score more on offense. Damp IMO can average 10 points a game, but they just wont go to him. And unlike Josh IMO Damp doesnt kill the offense because I have seen Damp make some great passes out to open guys.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 03-18-2009 at 11:32 AM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #36
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Great tags. It's vexing to read such empty recaps from a beloved diehard Mavs fan who "only" missed 3 games this season. For the record I haven't missed our boys in blue once.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #37
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

You guys are breaking my heart!

Mavs fan disunity!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #38
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

JVG was laughing Sunday when criticizing Cuban for his lashing out at the team...."you expect, Singleton, Bass, Wright, Barea and Terry to do something for you." If anything, I hope that wakes up brass, you need guys that are NBA starters:

Sign Artest with the MLE
Ship out Stackhouse's expiring
Find a chip for JHo-Dampier

Those are 3 pieces that can help shoulder the load away from Dirk, Kidd and Jet.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #39
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

ghazi you really gotta stop with the "teams we're suppose(d) to beat" and "beloved mavs" dude...

I miss ddh.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #40
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
JVG was laughing Sunday when criticizing Cuban for his lashing out at the team...."you expect, Singleton, Bass, Wright, Barea and Terry to do something for you." If anything, I hope that wakes up brass, you need guys that are NBA starters:

Sign Artest with the MLE
Ship out Stackhouse's expiring
Find a chip for JHo-Dampier

Those are 3 pieces that can help shoulder the load away from Dirk, Kidd and Jet.

F ARTEST! That is disaster waiting to happen. T.O. x 10

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
craphouse > this recap, epic fail, need new recapper, re-crap, recap fail, we suck anyway!, worst recap ever, yousuck at recaps!!