Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-03-2003, 08:08 AM   #1
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all
Default Some Dirk pics for your pleasure!!

Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2003, 10:42 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of photos of dirk, there was one of him hitting a golf ball in the michael finley tourney. I think it was in the tuesday DMNs. It was wid, dirk had on extra long shorts, real loose pullover, headband and no shoes. It was at the end of some wild-as-heck swing with nellie looking on. I think nellie had bet dirk that he couldn't hit the green and dirk of course lost.

I've been trying to find a link but cannot, but it was pretty wild..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 10:45 AM   #3
cookies_n_mavs

cookies_n_mavs is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Some Dirk pics for your pleasure!!

Those pics are supposed to give pleasure?? ......

Anyway, I think there was a video of the golf thingie on TV and Dirk was joking around with Nellie while Nellie was sitting in a golf cart.. I am not sure if it is the same thing, though, dude1394.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:59 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Cookies. It probably was, was dirk wearing something that looked like texas longhorn shorts and I think a white pullover.

I don't know, he just looked like some normal schmuck out on a golf course who probably had had too many beers, reminded me of many of the times I've been in that state. It cracked me up.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-03-2003, 01:14 PM   #5
cookies_n_mavs

By Mike Fisher -- DallasBasketball.com
Dirk Nowitzki pulled his silver luxury sedan into a handicapped parking spot, raising concern from a Mavs observer and apparently raising the ire of an old man.

But Mavs business was really the story at Monday's Michael Finley & Friends Charity Golf Tournament for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
News, notes and gossip from the golf-cart-ridin' DB.com staff includes stuff on Dirk's knee (a handicapped spot!?), skepticism regarding Zo, and Nellie's contract holdup:

Nowitzki was just being playful by parking in that front-row spot at the Trophy Club Golf Course. He showed up in gym shorts, sandals, wet hair and a T-shirt that read, "To The Hole.'' He walked from the spot to Don Nelson's cart, only to be berated by his coach.
"Hey, that's for crippled kids!'' bellowed Nellie in mock anger. "Are you crippled?''
At which point Dirk broke into an exaggerated limp.
Nowitzki is, in fact, fine. Some reports out of Germany have created a minor panic, but Nellie himself made the proclamation.

"He's fine,'' Nellie said of Dirk. "He's back.''
Nellie, too, is back, saying late in the day that he was prepared to sign a three-eyar extension to remain as the Mavs coach. But there was a sticking point that he mentioned earlier.
"Will you call Mark and tell him I don't want a raise?'' Nellie said. "Seriously, he's trying to give me a raise. I don't want a raise.''

At about $5 million a year, Nellie, you can afford to be so unselfish.
The free-agency window opened Tuesday, with Mavs owner Mark Cuban reportedly ready to perch himself on Alonzo Mourning's Miami doorstep. Securing Mourning and Utah's Karl Malone -- a seemingly doable task -- might provide Dallas the chance to upgrade greatly without giving up anything in a sign-and-trade.
But Don Nelson speaks a bit cautiously when talking about Mourning, saying, "He's probably the best fit out there, but we still have to run it by the doctors.''

Health issues have curbed Mourning's otherwise illustrious career, and while he has been given clearance by his doctors, at least one of his contemporaries isn't sold yet.
"Zo at 80 percent wouldn't be good enough in the West,'' Avery Johnson said. "If he's 100 percent, it makes sense. But the West is brutal. Zo would have to be 100 percent to survive.''
Michael Finley was asked what motivates him to be as involved with Make-A-Wish as he is.

"It's the smiles,'' he said. "You see the kids on the golf course. You see them when the money is raised. You do it for the smiles.''
Old 07-03-2003, 02:50 PM   #6
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

i saw that pic of dirk in the dmn, and it cracked me up...he just looked so out of place there, barefoot and wearing a backwards visor. classic!
Old 07-03-2003, 03:07 PM   #7
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki pulled his silver luxury sedan into a handicapped parking spot, raising concern from a Mavs observer and apparently raising the ire of an old man.
I wonder if he ended up moving his car or what... Whether you're being 'playful' or whatever, that's not really cool in my book.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:31 PM   #8
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

yeah, that's not a cool thing to do, irontoad.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:45 PM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

the one time i saw dirk he was wearing navy and grey shirt/sweatshirt. it definitely was something i might wear at home, and it cracked me up to see him out and about in that oooooooollldddd sweatshirt. maybe they don't make many hooded ones his size - or maybe it has sentimental value to him??

visor backwards? lol
Old 07-03-2003, 04:48 PM   #10
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

smiles- where did you see dirk? that's really cool...it would be really fun to randomly run in to a maverick.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:33 AM   #11
Dirk_Cindy_Nowiz

Dirk_Cindy_Nowiz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
i saw that pic of dirk in the dmn, and it cracked me up...he just looked so out of place there, barefoot and wearing a backwards visor. classic!
I want to see that pic.
Would you mind posting it on here? Thanks![img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img]

Friday night might have been the last we see of Nowitzki in these Western Conference finals, but it won't be his last conference finals.
Dirk_Cindy_Nowiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 11:19 AM   #12
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 11:45 AM   #13
cookies_n_mavs

Quote:
Originally posted by: Novice#41
Backwards visor....What a weirdo.....
Old 07-04-2003, 02:59 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

Thanks Novice!! New wallpaper alebit small. Where did you find this thing?

Old 07-04-2003, 03:05 PM   #15
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

there was a picture in the dmn that also showed that he was wearing shorts and was barefoot. i can't find that one anywhere though.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:12 PM   #16
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

ignore the pleasure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

here's a funny one...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]...
Old 07-04-2003, 08:16 PM   #17
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

wow, that is one ugly wig. what was he thinking?
Old 07-04-2003, 08:42 PM   #18
hero = dirk

hero = dirk is on a distinguished road

i don't know mandy... silly dirk!

Muhahahaha...
hero = dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 10:09 PM   #19
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

is he rooting for a team or something? it looks like he is maybe at a soccer game... then looking silly is understandable. i like dressing up for mavs games, too.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:57 AM   #20
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

That pic was taken during a Michael Schumacher charity soccer game in Mannheim...Dirk wore that "Ferrari red" wig in reference to Michael Schumacher after he celebrated his fifth (?) F1 world championship with that kind of wig...they were selling quite a few to his die hard fans over here...nice marketing trick...
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 09:42 AM   #21
dude1394
Guru

What a nut.. It will be interesting to see if his nutty personality can persist as it gets a lot more serious here.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:51 AM   #22
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

thanks for the explanation, digit.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:47 PM   #23
cookies_n_mavs

"Maybe if I wear this wig, nobody will recognize me"
Old 07-05-2003, 04:32 PM   #24
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Thats the Wig he wears to save himself from all you girls.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #25
cookies_n_mavs

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Thats the Wig he wears to save himself from all you girls.
I don't know......wouldn't something that bright be easier to see from far away?
Old 07-06-2003, 04:40 PM   #26
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a couple more I found. Sorry, they are so small but I can't find a way to enlarge them.

Old 07-06-2003, 04:56 PM   #27
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

those are some good ones, mff.
sorry, i know this is a dirk thread, but this is one of my favorite finley pics:

Old 07-06-2003, 07:02 PM   #28
cookies_n_mavs

Mandy, Fin is lookin pretty good right there!

Here is a different one for anyone who cares...

Old 07-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #29
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

dirk looks kinda uncomfortable in a suit...finley carries his very well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2003, 03:39 AM   #30
Novice#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Thanks Novice!! New wallpaper alebit small. Where did you find this thing?
finally i found a better one.... here you go [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

caption:
Dallas Mavericks head coach Don Nelson watches player Dirk Nowitzki tee off during the Finley & Friends Make a Wish charity tournament at the Trophy Club Country Club in Trophy Club, Texas, Monday, June 30, 2003. Nowitzki was finished playing and shoeless when he saw Nelson's group and Nelson bet him $100 that he couldn't hit the green with a tee shot. Nelson won the bet. (AP Photo/Dallas Morning News, Nathan Hunsinger)
btw - this pic is a real pleasure !

Old 07-11-2003, 08:20 AM   #31
dude1394
Guru

Thanks again novice!! Now a larger wallpaper.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:44 PM   #32
JoeGalvan

JoeGalvan is on a distinguished road

JoeGalvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk