Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-07-2003, 06:30 PM   #1
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Members please read...

There seems to be a fascination lately with posting at the end of every thread. I don't know if you like seeing your name show up, or what, but please, please, don't post unless you actually have something to say. Posting a half-sentence of nonsense just to get your post count up doesn't do anything other than clutter people's screens and hurt the flow of discussion.

Thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2003, 07:02 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: New Members please read...

And to add on to what Rylan said, i know that some of you new posters are trying to hurry up and get to a higher status by doing the type of things that Rhylan mentioned. But me, Outlet Pass, Senor Frog, Ummmmok, are not that high in posting, but we've been here for a long time and earn our respect by quality posting, and our sense of humor.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 07:14 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Agree with Rhylan and Nash13.

I think another problem is that we (some of us) try to chat through the threads instead of using PM's or the chat feature.

Old 07-07-2003, 08:47 PM   #4
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

rhylan for president ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 09:48 PM   #5
cookies_n_mavs

cookies_n_mavs is on a distinguished road

Ok, Novice, as long as Rhylan doesnt get made fun of in the "Thank you..." thread

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2003, 10:00 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

That'd never happen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2003, 12:14 AM   #7
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

oops, sorry, i know i have been really guilty of that...i will try to cut down on it, but it really is an addiction. i don't think i can stop cold turkey. but i will work on it.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:40 AM   #8
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I have never read so many posters with nothing to say actually posting it. It's kind of weird to sit back and read it sometimes, I think to myself, "well, that was a waste of time".

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 08:45 AM   #9
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I don't understand the facination with post counts. I have been here longer than almost everyone in this forum, and I only have 600 something posts b/c I try to never post nonsense. Never took part in counting threads, post padding threads, word association, etc. Can someone explain why post #s are so important to everyone??
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:04 AM   #10
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I can't agree more...

<step on soap box>

I've been here for over a year and a half now and have only a little over 800 posts. I like others have grown tired head from weeding out all the post padding threads to actually get to some things worth reading and discussing. It seams more people, mostly the newbies, care more about there post totals and status then they do about discussing mavs.

In a perfect world, you would not get a post credit unless it's in the mavs main discussion forum. But that wouldn't fly with most of posters here.

The Lounge needs a name change to post padding forum because that's all it used for anyway.

<steps off soap box>

have a nice day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:24 AM   #11
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

don't you need some number of posts (5000?) before you can use your own icon? If we don't want post padding, we shouldn't reward it.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:30 AM   #12
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin
don't you need some number of posts (5000?) before you can use your own icon? If we don't want post padding, we shouldn't reward it.

that's true too..

How is it that some people who have less than 5000 total posts get there own icon?
Not pointing a finger but in the case of OzMavs, he has around 1,000 total posts and he has a custom user icon.

what gives?
Old 07-08-2003, 09:34 AM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Blonde Bomber
Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin

that's true too..

How is it that some people who have less than 5000 total posts get there own icon?
Not pointing a finger but in the case of OzMavs, he has around 1,000 total posts and he has a custom user icon.

what gives?
OzMavs has donated money to the site.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:39 AM   #14
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

maybe that's the way it should be to get one instead of post padding your way to a custom icon
Old 07-08-2003, 09:42 AM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe some of y'all have this wrong. I come here for fun, to keep up on happenings with the Mavericks, and to garner friendship with other posters here. I don't think I would come here if I didn't have the ability to create friendships. Let me see if I am getting this right, you guys want every poster to come on here and only talk Mavericks, all Mavericks all the time? I am out on that. This is regarded as one of the best fan forums on the net, right? How did it get that way? I don't think it was by having a bunch of Basket heads beating into submission the idea of a possible trade 24x7. I would have never signed up for that. I agree with Rhylan that at times in the General Mavs section there are some posts that people say literally nothing or repeat an already posted fact or viewpoint. I myself have been chided for that. I try not to do that. But if you are asking for us to not post unless it is something we think you will think is acceptable this board will take a dive in traffic visited because how the heck are we supposed to know it is acceptable to you? It is acceptable to us, why else would we be posting it?

As for post-padding threads, that is really a funny name and gives it a label and all. But I think that makes this site fun. Why? You have to think, you are given the latitude to poke fun and create a relationship with other posters on the board. The fact that that option is available is the only reason I am here. I wouldn't have signed up if it was all Mavericks all the time. Well, maybe I would have signed up during the season, but the off-season I would be on only once in a blue moon. Is that what you guys want? I don't. And I would be willing to bet alot of posters here don't either.

I got off track there, what I wanted to say was that these "post-padding" threads are not merely "post-padding" to us. They are ways to pass time between trade proposals and games and seasons. They make you think (well most of them do). They make you use your brain on things other than a big orange ball. Who gives a flip about how many posts I have, and how many posts you have. Just conversing (and yes I know that there is a chat room, but that thing is as clunky as the day is long) is what it is about for me.

That is my viewpoint.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:51 AM   #16
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I agree to a point with this thread. Posting in the "main" sections should be on topic completely. The lounge should be for anyone to post anything.

And I think that nobody should EVER get a custom icon unless they donate at least $20 to the site.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:59 AM   #17
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Rhylan is completely right. Before the board changed, you couldn't tell who posted last unless you actually went into the thread. There are alot who are fascinated by seeing their name all over the board(which is silly, because it's not even their real name).

I also don't see how friendships are born from counting???

We should also probably put custom icons on a time table also. Someone should be a member for 6 months before they get a custom icon.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:22 AM   #18
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Friendships are borne from hanging out. Whether it be counting, writing, talking, burping, farting, whatever. Why do you care if someone's name is posted all over the lounge if you are so intent on talking mavs/sports?If you want serious discussions then have them. No one is stopping you.

If you want to hang out in the lounge, then do that. You don't like what's going on in the "counting thread" then don't participate. But you guys need to stop bellyaching about what people are doing IN FUN. This forum belongs to all of us. If some of us want to use a couple of threads for absolutely nothing, and chime in on the rest, we should be able to do just that.

That having been said, I will say that it is not my desire to bog down conversation or otherwise meaningful content and I intend to avoid doing so whenever possible. But I'm not here to judge each and every line written by all of you, and I hope you will all show some tolerance for my shennanigans every once in a while.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:38 AM   #19
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone is complaining about lounge posts, u2 and dallas_esq.

post_padding threads are great. It's when the activity bleeds into mavs discussion threads that people get irked.

Unless competition for storage space or other resources becomes a problem, I don't care how big/active the lounge is. Discussions of the Mavs, though, and building friendships around our common interest in the mavs should take precedence when it comes to activity that defines/sets the identity of this board.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:44 AM   #20
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

yea what he said:

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:47 AM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly right UL...

However, one more point...even in the lounge, if someone starts a thread about something, please have the decency to keep it relatively on topic if at all possible. But this is an absolute must in the mavs section..post padding and screwing up threads with garbage that belongs in the lounge is unacceptable
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:50 AM   #22
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

I wasn't really talking about post-padding threads.. I'm fine with those, even if some of us don't wanna participate in them, that's fine.

What I don't like is logging into a section and seeing the same person's name as the last post for the top 9 threads, then to see each of those posts say virtually nothing. There's a difference between that and goofing off in counting and post-padding threads.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:51 AM   #23
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Exactly right UL...

However, one more point...even in the lounge, if someone starts a thread about something, please have the decency to keep it relatively on topic if at all possible. But this is an absolute must in the mavs section..post padding and screwing up threads with garbage that belongs in the lounge is unacceptable
and this often causes Murph to bite your head off. but I agree with both UL and Murph on this one.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 07-08-2003, 10:59 AM   #24
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ummmmm Ok
Quote:
Exactly right UL...

and this often causes Murph to bite your head off. but I agree with both UL and Murph on this one.
Me too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I think Rhylan had it right to begin with, but then subsequent posts were messing with the Lounge. I just wanted to put my .02 cents in.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:31 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

but there needs to be just a little courtesy in the lounge as well... many of us actually post something because of the need for assistance etc.

just be courteous of outhers.. that's all i ask

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2003, 11:35 AM   #26
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I don't know if you are being general or singling me out on that Murphy. But if you are singling me out, I feel like I try to help out on those posts where someone is asking for help.

Or do I only think I am helping out. Should I not respond? Is that is what you are saying?
Old 07-08-2003, 11:37 AM   #27
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Old 07-08-2003, 11:40 AM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

don't worry U2, you weren't being singled out..you weren't even one of the people that I had in mind when I made the statement
Old 07-08-2003, 12:00 PM   #29
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I agree there are too many threads getting off topic. Rather than complain perhaps it's best to post in those threads to get them back on topic. We can't expect the mods to do this for us every time.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 01:59 PM   #30
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

ok guys, i am sorry and i really didn't know it bothered you so much. i will try not to post in threads in the mavs section unless i have something to say. but it really is a judgment call, and as i haven't been around here for that long, i don't always know what is ok. i see posters putting a quote of someone and then writing lol. is this ok to do or not? because obviously it's not on topic and doesn't add anything to the thread, but sometimes it is nice to point out that someone made you laugh or whatever. then there are the posts that don't add much of anything new but just signal which side the poster is on and maybe repeat some of the argument (i am guilty of this a lot). it's hard to tell sometimes because a lot of posters do this, so when are you supposed to say i agree and when are you not supposed to post? i know i am not explaining myself very well, but basically it comes down to this. i am going to make an effort to post things that are only relevant (i don't think i have been particularly bad about this one) and that add to the topic (more of my problem, i guess). my problem is that sometimes i don't really know if what i say adds to the topic, so i am asking you all to pm me when i shouldn't have said something in a certain thread. i really don't want to offend anyone, and i don't want to annoy you guys or whatever, but i really like this board and i really want to be here and be accepted, so please try to help me.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:08 PM   #31
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I guess everyone is cool now. Please check to see if you are cool here.

Cool Person Test
Old 07-08-2003, 04:08 PM   #32
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

To everyone that is trying to make friendships, people will respect you more if you actually have something to say, and not participate in post padding threads.

Also, i don't know if most know this, but this is a rule:

Disruption -- Posts which intend to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic away from the focus of the forum and related news. Disruption can include harassment, multiple posting of the same post and posting completely off topic messages.

Some Mods, *cough*Rylan and Aexchange*cough* *cough* will not hesistate to give you strikes or ban you for a week for doing those types of things.

Here's a piece of advice for those who know they post pad and get off topic, click on Faq icon at the top of the page to look at the rules.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:25 PM   #33
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Dude, I haven't banned anybody in like, a skillion years.

Mandy, posting short stuff is just fine - I'm just saying that when it's on practically every active thread, numerous times throughout the course of a day, it might start to annoy people. I'd prefer to avoid that possibility, since when people get annoyed, I have to hear about it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

All any of us really ask of anybody is to just consider what you're posting.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:27 PM   #34
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

ok, thanks for the explanation rhylan.

i am trying to be better about it.

and if people are annoyed, please pm me so that rhylan doesn't have to hear about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2003, 11:23 AM   #35
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

One further note: Give the PM system a try ...that's where real friendships are made, IMO.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:36 AM   #36
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Try the PM system...that's where real friendships are made
Quite right. You become my friend this way.

(Though, it doesn't work always; NP continues sending me porno [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
Old 07-09-2003, 11:43 AM   #37
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Only one more thing I need to add

Some of the posters in this thread are assuming they are good posters. I am sorry but such assumptions sound better when somebody else mentions it.

Everyone , who comes here has one talent or other. Some people are good at basketball, some are funny, some have interest in other sports, and some just come here for the lounge topics. While some people may not like posting much, some of them like to. That does not make one better poster than the other. You might also occasionally find a person here who might feel that "he/she is good at everything". Basically we meet all kinds of people here and thats what makes coming here interesting.

Otherwise, it sounds like probably some of us are making too much about all this. C'mon, this is internet. I think Rhylan's initial post was good enough and sufficient to explain what needs to be done. Its just not right to pinpoint a person's name in such threads, which is what (not mentioning any names) some posters are doing.

Thats all I had to say. GOD BLESS AMERICA and THANK YOU BILL CLINTON.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:11 PM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

Were names mentioned? Or, did certain people assume that the thread was directed at them?

Just curious...
Old 07-09-2003, 12:13 PM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

One name was mentioned Murph, but I plead the 5th on who said it and who was singled out.

And very good post MFF. And OP. And Rhylan.

Peace, love, and Beer!
Old 07-09-2003, 01:40 PM   #40
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Were names mentioned? Or, did certain people assume that the thread was directed at them?

Just curious...

Yes, murph. There is a name mentioned on this thread and all I can tell you is that you have not mentioned any names.

Also wanted to add that it took guts for those few persons to come out and say that probably this thread was directed at them instead of just ignoring this thread and I admire that quality.

[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]