Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-17-2003, 07:16 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Denver, Colorado

Well, the house search is going on hold for just a bit..
I'll be staying in Denver for the next 10 weeks or so..maybe up to 15 weeks. Why? Well, a bit of an emergency at one of my company's job sites.. Someone has to clean it up. So, I gotta do what I gotta do. I'm sure i'll be rewarded nicely for it though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyone know much about denver?..anything that's a "must see"..good restaurants..etc etc.

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2003, 11:10 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Denver, Colorado

The Nuggets of course. Seriously, if you get the chance, make the 1.5 hour drive to Steamboat and enjoy Mt. Werner. It has a couple of Olympic slopes and is a nice scenic place in both the summer and winter. Check out the downtown area for some great dining and nightlife. Enjoy the snowbunnies.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 11:19 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Denver, Colorado

Lot of Mexicans in Denver. Too.

I have relatives and friends there.

Also my biggest American supplier.

Old 07-18-2003, 12:52 AM   #4

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough
Default Denver, Colorado

drive about 4-5 hours down into cuchara and u can stay in our nice cabin if u ever wanna escape from it all
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 09:50 AM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Denver, Colorado

This is where you go
Link

Old 07-18-2003, 10:59 AM   #6
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough
Default Denver, Colorado

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas

Also my biggest American supplier.
Chiwas, don't share your dark secrets with the D-M.com community.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 11:25 AM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default Denver, Colorado

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
This is where you go
Link

mavfanforever! you shouldn't have posted that picture! <sigh> nostalgia...

this is where my mom's side of the family likes to spend Chritsmas holidays (i missed it last year). it's beautiful any time of the year. see the dark condos in the back? such a nice view... and we skate on that lake, and do crafts at the lodge, and santa makes his rounds with one of his reign deer....
Old 07-22-2003, 06:18 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Denver, Colorado

just wanted to say "hi" from denver
Old 07-22-2003, 06:44 PM   #9
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default Denver, Colorado

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
The Nuggets of course. Seriously, if you get the chance, make the 1.5 hour drive to Steamboat and enjoy Mt. Werner. It has a couple of Olympic slopes and is a nice scenic place in both the summer and winter. Check out the downtown area for some great dining and nightlife. Enjoy the snowbunnies.
I used to go up to Steamboat every year, i don't remember any olympic run, i have basically skied and snowboarded every run in steamboat, and i don't remember any olympic runs, although i do agree it is a very beautiful place.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:39 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Default Denver, Colorado

most of what i've seen of colorado reminds of me of everything that's bad about west texas.

obviously, denver is a bit different than west texas..but it's just your random, generic city
hell, today it's hot....over 100 degrees
Old 07-24-2003, 06:43 PM   #11
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Denver, Colorado

Are you out there diggiing up dirt on Kobe for dallas-mavs.com?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 04:20 PM   #12
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of
Default Denver, Colorado

You can tour the Coors plant in Golden and get free beers.

Best Italian Restaurant is Valentes in Lakewood. Marc's is owned by the same people, but is different food, but very good.

Where are you at in Denver? I lived there for about 17 years.

They have some cool museums - The Forney.

If you like to Fish, go to Ranger Lakes. If you fly-fish, go to Lake John but be prepared for mosuitos. It's worth it because the trout are awesome.

Go to a baseball game downtown. That is pretty cool.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 04:34 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Default Denver, Colorado

Quote:
Originally posted by: one long blue sock
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I used to go up to Steamboat every year, i don't remember any olympic run, i have basically skied and snowboarded every run in steamboat, and i don't remember any olympic runs, although i do agree it is a very beautiful place.

Mount Werner is an Olympic training site. I go there every year sock. The slope Voodoo and the mogul slope there are world renowned. Plus, Billy the Kid (the original US skiing stud) skis there daily. I've seen him so many times I lost count. The man still has it. The black diamond slopes on the front face are incredibly difficult.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:35 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Default Denver, Colorado

Not to mention the fact that Mavericks...yes Mavericks is the worlds longest half pipe and is half way up the slopes. Mavericks is well used by snowboard olympians and X-gamers.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:03 AM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

sorry jacktruth..but if i want good italian food, i definitely won't go to a restaurant..

and coors can keep their free beer
Old 07-28-2003, 10:32 AM   #16
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ah, denver. the sunshine state. love it, love it...
Old 07-28-2003, 12:10 PM   #17
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of
Default Denver, Colorado

I guess you could sit in your room, cook your own italian food, and buy some imported beer from 7-11, but I think you can do that in Dallas.

You could also go piss away your money in Central City/Blackhawk, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Geez murphy, I guess it just depends on what you like and what you like to do.

Old 07-28-2003, 09:46 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

sorry jacktruth..
I have relatives that own italian restaurants and cook it when i visit on a regular basis. it's much better than your generic overpriced italian food that you'd find at 99.9% of all restaurants.. so, you can kinda see where i'm coming from.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:28 AM   #19
jacktruth
Golden Member

Default Denver, Colorado

I actually can relate. My grandma is from Italy and nothing comes close to eating in her kitchen.

Another famous restaurant out there is El Rancho.

http://www.historicelrancho.com/
Old 11-12-2003, 08:22 AM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Default RE:Denver, Colorado

two weeks, 5 hours, and 38 minutes...
the countdown begins
Old 11-12-2003, 04:55 PM   #21
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

So, how have you filled in your days in Denver, Colorado?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 04:59 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

working out..
working...
watching sports..
talking sports..
avoiding hairy mountain women..
desperately searching for somewhere decent to eat...
that pretty much sums it up