Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-26-2003, 12:02 PM   #1
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default A new prediction contest !!!!

Let's just say that the Mavs sign both Daniels and Powell...

Please predict how many minutes that they'll PLAY (combined) during the regular season.

I'll bring this thread back at the end of the regular season....and well see who wins.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:05 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

15 mpg each.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:07 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: A new prediction contest !!!!

8 mpg combined.

5-6 for Daniels, 2-3 for Powell
Old 07-26-2003, 12:09 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

7:59 mpg.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 12:14 PM   #5
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Marquis Daniels' playing time depends on NVE. If NVE is shipped away, Danie;s could receive anywhere from 10-15 minutes. If NVE stays I see him maybe getting 5.

Believe it or not Outlet, I think if we sign Powell, he will get Najera's minutes in 2 years. But he is not getting any more than 5 minutes a game.

(The one thing I will say about Daniels that gives me hope that he can contribute **right now** or in a year is Gilbert Arenas.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 12:32 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think it will be no different than when Harvey, Alexander and Najera where here in there rookie seasons. I think Howard will be the guy to get similiar to what Alexander got. Around the 10-20 minute range. As far as the undrafted rookies go i'm excited we got some young guys in here but i'm gonna be real. I don't see them playing more than 10 minutes combined a game. Without a doubt they are going to get garbage minutes so I guess it matters how many ass whoopings the Mavs give this year but it could be alot less than last with everyone becomnig so good. When you think about it though this team doesn't have a 3 and even Griffin got some minutes here at the 3 so its not out of the question for Josh Howard to get minutes. But if Nick is here it is going to be the small ball lineup. It got us far into the playoffs and I don't see Nellie abandoning it.

Howard - 10-20 minutes a game. (Only because of our weakness at the 3.)

Powell - 5-8 minutes a game. ( I doubt he even gets this much. He's a undrafted rookie. I haven't seen him play much but he is a undrafted rookie lol.)

Daniels - 5-10 minutes a game( I just think Daniels is to good to be true. I can't understand why he was undrafted being a 6-6 point guard and he is dominating the summer league. I'm excited as the next fan however I think its just to good to be true. I give him his props for dominating guys like Earl Watson who give some of our pgs trouble however Earl is no GP but i'm not asking Daniels to come in and start. Just get some reserve time but who knows. With the recent look at undrafted guys who have become successful only one comes to mind is Darrell Armstrong. Maybe we have that same luck here.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 12:35 PM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Avery played 9 minutes but in only 48 games. Jones played 8.5 in 26 games. Riganever 8.3 minutes in 11 games. Esch 7.9 in 17 games.

Daniels and Powell can easily play 15 minutes combined per game -if we only add up their final mpg.

The question is, how many games are they going to play?

Old 07-26-2003, 12:35 PM   #8
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

4 minutes per game combined. They will only play in blowouts if not on IR.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 12:47 PM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
...if we sign Powell, he will get Najera's minutes in 2 years.
Solution: To waive Powell in 2 years.

Old 07-26-2003, 12:53 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:
...if we sign Powell, he will get Najera's minutes in 2 years.
Solution: To waive Powell in 2 years.

Hahahahaha. I was waiting for your comeback Chiwas after I saw this post about Powell taking Najera's minutes.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 01:20 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Hahahahaha. I was waiting for your comeback Chiwas after I saw this post about Powell taking Najera's minutes.
Just for fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It's hard to know what is going to happen. What it's a reality, is that Najera is going to (continue) fight for his minutes. And he does it very well.

Old 07-26-2003, 01:39 PM   #12
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Mop up duty except for howard. Howard 10 minutes to start the season and maybe 20-30 minutes to end the year backing up finley and being our three. I am excited to see a guy that can score as well as he can play d. Maybe he could be our Tayshaun Prince.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 01:51 PM   #13
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Howard 8 min. Never known Nellie to play a rookie on a playoff team

Daniels 5 min. Not because he's not good enough, but we are just too deep right now, but he can easily play a little back up at SG and PG, really matters what happens to Raja on both thses guys.

Powell I hope he doesn't get signed, hasn't shown much and there is no reason why we need to sign him.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 05:34 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Assuming no trades happen, count on about 6-8 minutes combined.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 07:10 PM   #15
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Howard maybe 10 minutes.

Daniels and Powell - combined maybe 3 minutes. They'll be "hurt" most of the year.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 12:04 AM   #16
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I'm hoping they will ease Howard in, but it's looking like they have very high expectations for him & this may or may not be a good thing. He will end up w/10-12 min.

5-8 for Daniels. My extremely early wipeout prediction, based solely on what people are saying since I haven't gotten to see him play, is Powell, who, if signed, will get the Adam Harrington 1-min special.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:20 AM   #17
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

6mins daniels powell doesnt make team[img]i/expressions/present.gif[/img]
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 01:02 PM   #18
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Let's just say that the Mavs sign both Daniels and Powell...
Please predict how many minutes that they'll PLAY (combined) during the regular season.
I'll bring this thread back at the end of the regular season....and well see who wins.
...and yours is?

Old 07-27-2003, 01:14 PM   #19
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

chi...without an NVE trade before the season, I'll take the 8:01 spot so that kiki and I have MFF sandwiched. And i'm speaking only about Daniels and Powell...which was my original question...somehow it got spun off into predictions about Howard...but that's ok.

Seriously, I don't think that Powell deserves to be signed...he's done nada...but, if he is signed, he won't be on the 12 man roster...and won't play.

If Daniels is signed (and, honestly, I don't know why the Mavs haven't done that already), I think that he gets 4-5 minutes a game, at best.

An NVE trade, which I don't really expect, would push his minutes up to say 8:01, therefore creating the "MFF Sandwich" !

Bayliss's comparison to arenas is really intriguing...when the Sock and I talked about Daniels recently...he made the same exact comparison right off the bat.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:19 PM   #20
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Seriously, I don't think that Powell deserves to be signed...he's done nada...but, if he is signed, he won't be on the 12 man roster...and won't play.
Jones deserved to be signed (I remeber the Mavs were very happy to get him at 1 mill). I don't think Powell gives less than Jones. And somebody (cheap) has to be at the IL, besides Esch.

Old 07-27-2003, 01:46 PM   #21
OutletPass
Diamond Member

My Brother....I'd rather sign Rhylan to a 1 year FA contract and then sign someone interesting as a FA next year...perhaps a guy like this:

Adam Parada

Height: 213cm / 7'0''
Position: Center
Born: 1981
Team: Cal-Irvine, USA (2000-03)
Nationality: MEX

Career / Comments:
Career:
2000-2001: Cal.-Irvine (NCAA): 7.5ppg, RebBigWest-4(6.2)
2001-2002: Cal.-Irvine (NCAA): 31 games: 12.4 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.7 apg
2002-2003: Cal-Irvine (NCAA): 29 games: 12.2ppg, 6.2rpg, 26ast
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---That surprise is just for you and you alone.

Hell, bring back Horacio Llamas for this year, if Rhylan hold's out for too much money !!!!

Old 07-27-2003, 03:25 PM   #22
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
My Brother....I'd rather sign Rhylan to a 1 year FA contract and then sign someone interesting as a FA next year...perhaps a guy like this:

Adam Parada

Height: 213cm / 7'0''
Position: Center
Born: 1981
Team: Cal-Irvine, USA (2000-03)
Nationality: MEX

Career / Comments:
Career:
2000-2001: Cal.-Irvine (NCAA): 7.5ppg, RebBigWest-4(6.2)
2001-2002: Cal.-Irvine (NCAA): 31 games: 12.4 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.7 apg
2002-2003: Cal-Irvine (NCAA): 29 games: 12.2ppg, 6.2rpg, 26ast
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---That surprise is just for you and you alone.

Hell, bring back Horacio Llamas for this year, if Rhylan hold's out for too much money !!!!
I would bring Virito Hernandez (choosing a college this summer) and Llamas in a snap if I were Cuban. I haven't followed Parada, though.

Edit: Also Avila, the Oklahoma's Center when Najera, would bring more than Esch, I guess. Llamas and Avila have played very well with the Mexican team.

Old 07-27-2003, 03:32 PM   #23
JoshHoward5

JoshHoward5 is on a distinguished road

14 minutes combined.
JoshHoward5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:27 PM   #24
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

23 for Howard, will gain minutes more to the end of the season.

Daniels, 19, NVE will be traded, giving him the back up pg position.