Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-04-2003, 02:47 PM   #1
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all
Default Second or Third Favorite Team.....

Most of us agree that the Mavs are our favorite team (we're on a Mav's board aren't we?), but which is your second favorite team? Which teams are you going to follow in the event that the Mavs implode this season?

Personally, I like Phoenix and Denver. I guess since I enjoy following underdogs (Mavs of past history), I am latching on to the two mentioned teams, because I believe they are the teams to watch over the next 2-3 years. Phoenix will probably surprise many this year with Marbury, Amare Stoudamire, Marion, and now Carbakapa (another gem). They don't have much of a bench, but they are interesting to watch, and I believe will pass the Mavs in the standings if we don't address the frontline withing the next year or two.

Denver: Kiki is putting a good young team together, even though they are having trouble with signing anyone despite huge salary cap room. Another year or two remain for getting good draft picks, and then possibly signing a big free agent will cause this team to leapfrog over many others. I think it still will be 3 years before they are in the playoffs, but I think they will get there.

It's not fair to have Laker's, Sacramento or Spurs as your second favorite team: they are already good! It's to easy to have them as your favorites!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 02:51 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Warriors , Rockets
Old 08-04-2003, 04:40 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The Nuggets without a doubt.

Been a Nugs fan since the days of Alex English.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:06 PM   #4
Mavs_Rule2003

Mavs_Rule2003 is on a distinguished road

Philledelphia 76ers~ Big time Iverson fan!

Hate (yeah HATE~) Lakers..but love Kobe's game!
Mavs_Rule2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 08:02 PM   #5
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Nuggets, Cavs, Grizz, GS and Orlando in no order
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 08:56 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Second or Third Favorite Team.....

Memphis, Sacramento, San Antonio.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 09:58 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Pacers
Old 08-04-2003, 10:00 PM   #8
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The Warriors.

Musselman is going to be a great coach. And Troy Murphy is a tough son of a bitch whom I wish was on the Mavericks.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:59 PM   #9
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Murph is a beast, he really has come a long way.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:15 PM   #10
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Sorry Im a one team pony. Hey I root for all the dallas area teams. I will still root for the mavs even if they implode. Favorite college basketball team unc.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 12:37 AM   #11
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Rockets because I'm from Texas. And Orlando because I live in this piece of crap state of Florida and all I can get on a regular basis is the Magic. By the way does anyone know where Pt Charlotte is? If so never ever go there that is where I live and it is a living hell. Sorry had to vent some frustration.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:37 AM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
Favorite college basketball team unc.

You just lost some cool points on that one. But that's another story for another thread.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 07:56 AM   #13
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Old 08-05-2003, 09:37 AM   #14
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Celtics
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 11:06 AM   #15
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Warriors...and I can say that for MFF too (while she's on vacation in Vegas)

Also love TMurph...he's an ND boy after all...the best since Dantley and Austin Carr.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:22 PM   #16
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Phoenix, Detroit, and Carl English's pacers
Old 08-05-2003, 11:57 PM   #17
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Rockets. They're fun to watch, even if they are annoyingly inconsistent. Suns. Sixers. Sacto when they are not playing us. I'll cheer for the Spurs b/c they are from Texas but I don't really like watching them. Too many annoying little things bother me about them, like missing FTs.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:48 AM   #18
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

T-Wolves and coming in a distant 3rd Indiana
Old 08-08-2003, 11:36 PM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Warriors for sure. It's going to be tough watching without Arenas, but they have a great coach and a nice young nucleus to build with.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:11 AM   #20
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

my 2nd favorite team is the Warriors, and then the 3rd favorite is the Nets..i love the show those teams put on in a game.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:17 PM   #21
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I can't find a second favorite team. Years ago, my first and only was Chicago, but not now.

I like to watch Houston and SA against the Lakers. Not Sacramento.

I like to watch Kidd (not in the FT's), but don't like much the Nets.

If Najera would be traded, I could have 2 favorite teams. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2003, 04:41 PM   #22
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

The Jazz, at least it they used to be, then San Antonio, Minnesota and anyone but the Lakers.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 06:14 PM   #23
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

i agree with a lot of people, the warriors are definitely my second favorite team...really fun to watch. i am going to go to the mavs-warriors games if i can while i am out at stanford. should be fun, but not the same as the good ol' aac.
Old 08-09-2003, 11:03 PM   #24
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

My second favorite team is the Bucks. Gonna be fun to watch with TJ, Mason, Redd, and Thomas.

Also, I like what the Nuggz are doing.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 11:27 PM   #25
one long blue sock
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
i agree with a lot of people, the warriors are definitely my second favorite team...really fun to watch. i am going to go to the mavs-warriors games if i can while i am out at stanford. should be fun, but not the same as the good ol' aac.
I don't know much about the Warriors now since Gilbert Arenas left.
Old 08-09-2003, 11:45 PM   #26
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

That's a shame Sock. I will miss Arenas, but they don't need someone who isn't about the team. He's one that let it go to his head, but oh well.

The Warriors are damn exciting. I love what Mussleman has done with the team. They have some young guys that are going to grow together and with some expiring contracts after this season, it will only get better for them. I think the one albatross on the team is Fortson. I'd love to see them trade Jamison or see what's out there, at least.

Foyle/Dampier
Murphy/Fortson
Jamison/Dunleavy/Mills
Richardson/Welsch/Pietrus
Claxton/Sura

Murphy is a beast. I love watching him and Dirk go at each other.

Mills and Sura's contracts are done after this season. I'd love to see them trade Jamison so Dunleavy can take over the sf position.

I think they drafted Pietrus as insurance for Richardson. I think he may bolt if they don't trade him first. I bet on them trading him so they don't get screwed like they did when Arenas left.

They have 2 unsigned rookie pg's, but I heard St. Jean and Mussleman would like Welsch to play some point.

I'm looking forward to watching them this season. Nothing like watching my two favorite teams go at it.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:21 PM   #27
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Yeah, Murphy and Dirk really don't like each other. Same with Ferry and Dirk. Mabye we should make a list of guy's who dirk's get's really pissed at, lol.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:34 PM   #28
one long blue sock
Golden Member

Trade away Jamison, to make space for Dunleavy.

Let Richardson leave, replacement:rookie

Arenas already gone.

Note to self: Don't let mff be my GM. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2003, 05:51 PM   #29
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Warriors are mine too....
We all seem to like the team with a fair bit of talent, really
exciting to watch but that doesn't pose much of a threat....YET [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:38 PM   #30
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Quote:
Trade away Jamison, to make space for Dunleavy.

Let Richardson leave, replacement:rookie
Dunleavy is more than good enough to replace Jamison, but he won't get the minutes as long as he is stuck behind Jamison. That's the reason I'm saying for them to trade him for a center and something else while they still can. They can afford to trade him having his replacement in place.

As for Richardson, I'm saying that they better trade him before he leaves them high and dry like Arenas did. I'm not saying let him leave cause they have a rookie in place. Pietrus will need a couple years to groom and it's not like they don't have Welsch as well. They wouldn't be left scrambling for a sg if Richardson left like they were this summer for a pg after Arenas signed the offer sheet.