Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Jockey vs. Roy Williams

Quote:

Monday Night Football, Sept.15 Giants vs. Cowboys will be must see TV, Shockey vs. Roy Williams. I fully expect Shockey to run over Williams 4-5 times.

After what we saw Roy Williams play yesterday, does anyone think Shockey is going to run him over? Anything he hits stops moving WOW!
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2003, 03:06 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Who made that idiotic comment fish?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Lvubun1

Friday August 08, 2003 4:09 PM

Well. Shockey is my favorite player, so we are on different sides of the universe. But i'm a Giants fan so that is pretty much how it works for a player like Shockey, if he is on your team he is your favorite player, if he is not on your team you hate his guts. He may be a little overhyped but not overrated, in his 2nd year he might be the best player at his position or atleast 2nd behind Tony G. in KC. He completely changed the complex of the Giants offense, and was All-pro his first year. And lets be honest here, I would bet half the people on the board has used the word "homo" or has been in the company of somebody who has, joking around with friends, brothers, yelling it at a player, etc. That doesn't make you or the person who was with you gay or anything. Monday Night Football, Sept.15 Giants vs. Cowboys will be must see TV, Shockey vs. Roy Williams. I fully expect Shockey to run over Williams 4-5 times.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:20 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I seriously doubt that Shockey has the ability to "run over" Roy Williams. That could be one nasty clash and they may fall on top of each other, but one landing on the other is about as close to a run over as it will likely get.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 05:28 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I seriously doubt that Shockey has the ability to "run over" Roy Williams. That could be one nasty clash and they may fall on top of each other, but one landing on the other is about as close to a run over as it will likely get.

I couldn't believe that statement either. Maybe Newman or maybe Ross but Roy Williams?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 07:36 PM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I am yet to see a player moving forward after being hit by Roy Williams.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:33 PM   #7
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

He hit a weak QB from the blindside, Shockey might not run him over(though if he did I wouldn't be surprised) but any thought that if Shockey goes over the middle on a slant pattern and Williams will lay him out is wrong. Dispite having a target on his back for most of the season, nobody got a good shot in, after he called the Eagles secondary "overrated" they were head-hunting. I'm sure you have seen the clip thousands of times of Al Harris getting probably the best shot on Shockey, but he hung on to the ball and popped up quickier then Harris did. Parcells is too smart to react to this anyway, Shockey isn't a one man team, if Bill focuses too much on him, Toomer, Ike, and Tiki will pick the Cowboys defense apart.

Its going to suck the next couple of months being a Giants fan on here, oh well I guess I will have to send Giants 04' Superbowl t-shirts to everyone.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:25 AM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

LMAO@Giants winning the super bowl and at Shockey running over Roy Williams (Not the player in college but the one who plays for the Cowboys) .

1996-2005
Old 08-11-2003, 02:37 PM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

What is Shockey's number?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:29 PM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Jockey vs. Roy Williams

nfl.com says it's 80.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:40 PM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
nfl.com says it's 80.
You'd think it be "2" for the number of touchdowns he had last year.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 08-11-2003, 03:54 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
nfl.com says it's 80.
You'd think it be "2" for the number of touchdowns he had last year.
LMAO!

1996-2005
Old 08-11-2003, 04:12 PM   #13
Dooby
Diamond Member

It only took an hour and 3 minutes to set that joke up.

Old 08-11-2003, 04:19 PM   #14
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Jockey vs. Roy Williams

timing is everthing, dooby. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 03:05 AM   #15
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Yea he only had 2 TDs but he set-up countless others, Tiki is the man in the redzone, who wants to bet me he triples that number this year. And more importantly he helped Collins, Tiki, and Toomer all have the best seasons in their careers. And touchdowns aren't the end all when it comes to recievers/tightends, Antonio Bryant had more touchdowns then the Ram's Torry Holt, who would you rather have?
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 11:49 AM   #16
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

Antonio Bryant, remember he was a rookie last year and had horrible Oline, quarterbacks. That was not the case for the Giants or Rams last year.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:49 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Isn't Torry Holt the 2nd reciever behind Issac Bruce? While Bryant was more of the 2nd reciever he was the guy who always ended up in the endzone.

1996-2005