Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-19-2003, 11:48 PM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default The Life of David Gale

Just finished watching this movie. It actually hits very close to home (college station), since most of the story takes place in Huntsville. If you haven't seen it, please do. Just a great, suspenseful movie. Kevin Spacey does not pick bad roles these days.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:51 PM   #2
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: The Life of David Gale

i saw it, and it was ok...but a little too predictable and not as good as i was expecting it to be. i had heard great things about it, and the movie just didn't live up to them. but i would still go ahead and see it. it's a fairly good movie.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:57 PM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

i heard it was kind of preachy in a "anti-death penalty" kind of way. Is that the case? If so, no thanks...I'll go rent True Grit, instead.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:29 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: The Life of David Gale

Nice choice Xerxes
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:51 AM   #5
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

Preview looked pretty good. I will probably rent it before too long.[img]i/expressions/clock.gif[/img]
Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 03:38 PM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
i saw it, and it was ok...but a little too predictable and not as good as i was expecting it to be. i had heard great things about it, and the movie just didn't live up to them. but i would still go ahead and see it. it's a fairly good movie.
Twa? Predictable? Are you psychic? I didn't see that endind coming until, MAYBE, 3-4 minutes before they actually revealed the truth.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:39 PM   #7
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
i heard it was kind of preachy in a "anti-death penalty" kind of way. Is that the case? If so, no thanks...I'll go rent True Grit, instead.
I don't think it's "preachy," per se. I'm pretty adamant that capital punishment is a necessity, but that opinion of mine wasn't challenged once by the movie.