Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-21-2003, 12:40 PM   #1
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Actor Arrested After Using Real Bullets

This story just came over the yahoo! news site.
Does anyone remember this being the plot of a tv crime drama? (Law and Order? CSI?). I can't for the life of me remember where I heard this story before.

Actor Arrested After Using Real Bullets
1 hour, 14 minutes ago Add Entertainment - AP to My Yahoo!

MEXICO CITY - An actor in an action scene apparently was handed a gun with real bullets rather than blanks, causing him to shoot and kill another actor, authorities said Thursday.

Actor Flavio Peniche — brother of internationally known soap-opera star Arturo Peniche — was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter and then released on bail of $40,000 on Wednesday, according to the attorney general's office of Morelos state, just south of Mexico City.

The incident occurred on Saturday during filming of a low-budget movie, "The Scorpion's Vengeance," at a hotel in Cuernavaca.

According to a police report sent by fax to the Associated Press, the scene called for Peniche to shoot six people. After firing what were supposed to be two blanks, he realized that actor Antonio Velasco had been wounded and the crew ran for help.

Velasco died shortly afterward at a Cuernavaca hospital.

Police said they were still seeking the film's producer, Eduardo Martinez Sanchez, and a props manager known only as "El Cepillo" — "The Brush" — who disappeared after the incident.

Flavio Peniche has appeared in several low-budget action films, some released only on videotape.

His brother has starred in television soap operas that have been broadcast in many countries around the world, including "Maria Mercedes" with Thalia, "The Soul Has no Color," and "The Indomitable."
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2003, 12:48 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Actor Arrested After Using Real Bullets

The Crow - Brandon Lee.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:54 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

In the interest of keeping everyone informed I felt obligated to try and clear up any confusion caused by anyone reading this thread. The actress Thalia was mentioned, many of you may not know who she is....... Not any more!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2003, 01:08 PM   #4
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
The Crow - Brandon Lee.
This was the plot of The Crow? Or the cause of death for Brandon Lee?
Old 08-21-2003, 01:08 PM   #5
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i think the thing with lee actually was blanks... but blanks shot at close range can still be dangerous. I think his fatal wounds were inflicted with blanks.

Lee died during the shooting of The Crow. They finished the movie using darker shots and a stand-in.

i think lee was great in The Crow and had a very promising career.

but anyway, this sounds like an episode of CSI or law and order (like someone said).
Old 08-21-2003, 01:57 PM   #6
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
i think the thing with lee actually was blanks... but blanks shot at close range can still be dangerous. I think his fatal wounds were inflicted with blanks.
This happened to some 80's tv star. Some guy on an action series. I think he was playing russian roulette.

I know I've seen a tv crime show where an actor was murdered by someone who replaced the blanks in a gun with real bullets. Just wish I could place it.

Old 08-21-2003, 04:02 PM   #7
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

ul, i agree with you...i have seen a show where this happened. i can't place it either though...so annoying!
Old 08-21-2003, 04:41 PM   #8
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

Speaking of Brandon Lee. His dad Bruce Lee by what I have seen and heard on documentries had encoutered in alot of instances where other martial art experts engaged in combat with Bruce on movie sets, and directors tried to film those for fighting scenes for their movies.

I use to think acting would be a good career, but when you think about it:

First, it would take alot of living on nothing; acting in plays or T.V. commercials before you could be even lucky enough to get a leading role.

Second, then mental you would have to deal with issues like this.

I use to like the acting profession because all leading actors or actresses have to go out, and stay side-by-side of someone who is living the person they will be portraing, and this sounds like a very educationation way to make a living.
Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote