Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-25-2003, 05:36 PM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts
Default You might be a Republican if...

-You think "proletariat" is a type of cheese.

-You've named your kids "Deduction one" and "Deduction two"

-You've tried to argue that poverty could be abolished if people were just allowed to keep more of their minimum
wage.

-You've ever referred to someone as "my (insert racial or ethnic minority here) friend"

-You've ever tried to prove Jesus was a capitalist and opposed to welfare.

-You're a pro-lifer, but support the death penalty.

-You think Huey Newton is a cookie.

-The only union you support is the Baseball Players, because heck, they're richer than you.

-You think you might remember laughing once as a kid.

-You once broke loose at a party and removed your neck tie.

-You call mall rent-a-cops "jack-booted thugs."

-You've ever referred to the moral fiber of something.

-You've ever uttered the phrase, "Why don't we just bomb the sons of bitches." (My personal favorite)

-You've ever said, "I can't wait to get into business school."

-You've ever called a secretary or waitress "Tootsie."

-You answer to "The Man."

-You don't think "The Simpsons" is all that funny, but you watch it because that Flanders fellow makes a lot of
sense.

-You fax the FBI a list of "Commies in my Neighborhood."

-You don't let your kids watch Sesame Street because you accuse Bert and Ernie of "sexual deviance."

-You scream "Dit-dit-ditto" while making love.

-You've argued that art has a "moral foundation set in Western values."

-When people say "Marx," you think "Groucho."

-You've ever yelled, "Hey hippie, get a haircut."

-You think Birkenstock was that radical rock concert in 1969.

-You argue that you need 300 handguns, in case a bear ever attacks your home.

-Vietnam makes a lot of sense to you.

-You point to Hootie and the Blowfish as evidence of the end of racism in America.

-You've ever said civil liberties, schmivil schmiberties.

-You've ever said "Clean air? Looks clean to me."

-You've ever called education a luxury.

-You look down through a glass ceiling and chuckle.

-You wonder if donations to the Pentagon are tax-deductable.

-You came of age in the '60s and don't remember Bob Dylan.

-You own a vehicle with an "Ollie North: American Hero" sticker.

-You're afraid of the liberal media."

-You ever based an argument on the phrase, "Well, tradition dictates..."

-You ever told a child that Oscar the Grouch "lives in a trash can because he is lazy and doesn't want to contribute
to society."

-You've ever urged someone to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, when they don't even have shoes.

-You confuse Lenin with Lennon.

Old 08-25-2003, 05:48 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds -You've named your kids "Deduction one" and "Deduction two"
You must be kidding, right? I don't want to get into this one with you because alot of ugly things will come out but that is crap to say that about anyone and to attribute it to being a Republican is just pure stupidity.

Quote:
-You've ever referred to someone as "my (insert racial or ethnic minority here) friend"
That is classy. So all Republicans are racists? Is that what you are trying to say?

Quote:
Oh jeez... you are going to hit all three of the one's I would not list on the Democrat list aren't you? I am a pro-lifer and am STAUNCHLY against capital punishment. But since you opened the can of worms, you can add number 28 on the other list to: 28. It is Murder to Murder Murderers (which I agree) but it is not Murder to Murder the unborn.

Quote:
-The only union you support is the Baseball Players, because heck, they're richer than you.
The only union I support is the one that makes Beer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
I laugh my ass off at your stupidity every time you post.

Quote:
So Republicans are womanizers too? Does this one apply to woman Republicans?

Quote:
I have never met a Republican politician that was afraid of the liberal media. Don't understand that one.

Quote:
-You ever based an argument on the phrase, "Well, tradition dictates..."

-You ever told a child that Oscar the Grouch "lives in a trash can because he is lazy and doesn't want to contribute
to society."

-You've ever urged someone to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, when they don't even have shoes.

That one sucked compared to the Democrat list. But hey, for a Democrat making the list up, it ain't bad at all. Considering.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:17 PM   #3
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

LOL those are funny, Reeds. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But I thought madape's "sweaty $40" was indecently hilarious (and mortifying), so what do I know?

edit: Why does Oscar the Grouch live in a trash can? Because no one bought him a way out? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2003, 06:19 PM   #4
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough
Default RE: You might be a Republican if...

you're not serious are you U2?
Surely you have more sense than that!

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:22 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
you're not serious are you U2?
Surely you have more sense than that!
Deadly.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:31 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Just felt like tossing a few back here, for fun ONLY! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
-You've named your kids "Deduction one" and "Deduction two"
Word to this. A couple years ago, while I was still in school, but my parents weren't paying for anything, they got a $500 credit for me, but I owed $200 of my own taxes. So I made 'em pay it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Capitalism, baby, it works.

Quote:
Jesus probably wasn't down with the pharoahs redistributing income, tho, either [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quote:
This is too easily flipped the other way. I think they're both inconsistent. I'm anti-abortion, anti-death penalty, but I respect the rights of the people to put folks in office who support people's choice on both.

Quote:
-You've ever said, "I can't wait to get into business school."
You might be a liberal if you've been disappointed in the lack of marketable skills your BS in History gave you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But hell, 4 year business degrees are useless, too.

Quote:
-When people say "Marx," you think "Groucho."
You might be a liberal if when people say "Marx," you think "hero."

Quote:
Nope, but we've got a good half-dozen, and it sure helps with the armadillos and 'possums, yo.

Quote:
You might be a liberal if you look down through a glass ceiling and claim to have already removed it 11 years ago [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
-You ever told a child that Oscar the Grouch "lives in a trash can because he is lazy and doesn't want to contribute to society."
Even in good ol' touchy-feely community Sesame Street, Oscar never left the damn can. Why? Because everybody catered to his grouchy ass while he was in there complaining! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:43 PM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

LOL this is my favorite thread in a long time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/lips.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2003, 07:04 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

-You once broke loose at a party and removed your neck tie.
These two actually made me laugh.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 07:26 PM   #9
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
I laugh my ass off at your stupidity every time you post.
Oh that was pure enjoyment
Old 08-25-2003, 07:43 PM   #10
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Looks like I may have hit a nerve, huh U2???? And please dont say it doesnt compare to the democrat list- because you know its better!!!hahahahahahah
Old 08-25-2003, 07:49 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Actually to be honest reeds I didn't like either of them. I hate the liberal/conservative drivel that is thrown at both sides. I am very conservative, but usually keep my views to myself unless provoked to express them. Your post came at a particularly bad time and I am sorry. I did not mean to be mean spirited, it must be that right-wing conspiracy coming out in me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But anyhoo...... I like to talk politics as long as it is done in a civil manner.

But I won't talk with you (about politics) because you always get too passionate about it (which is a good trait IMO). I do too, so more than likely it would not be a civil discussion.

Is that cool?
Old 08-25-2003, 08:38 PM   #12
reeds
Golden Member

I have to agree U2, I really get passionate about my politics too..I really do try to keep it civil for the most part, but sometimes I admit i get a bit too personal. I will do my best to keep it respectful and clean. I am not here to attack anyone personally. I do know i am in the minority on this board, perhaps that is why I get a bit too uncivil....
Old 08-25-2003, 08:57 PM   #13
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

liberal/conservative lovefest 2003.....

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:45 PM   #14
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Have you noticed that all the top positions in the DNC are held by White democrats. I guess it is enough to just feel minorities pain. May they think "minorites" will not be able to handle all that power.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:09 PM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Fish... you never help in the civility department.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2003, 11:11 PM   #16
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

-You own 3 or more $50,000+ cars, a 1/2 million+ home, send your kids to private school and refer to yourself as middle-class.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 11:53 PM   #17
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: southern_sweets
-You own 3 or more $50,000+ cars, a 1/2 million+ home, send your kids to private school and refer to yourself as middle-class.
Not if you're from CA! The home you buy for $100k in NE Texas cost you $500k in San Diego County. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

edit. meaning: in that case you could be of either party. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 09:14 AM   #18
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

funny list, Ummmm. Some of those made me laugh out loud. Here's some of my responses:

-You think "proletariat" is a type of cheese.
-You might be a liberal if you don't understand that Marxism is cheesy

-You might be a liberal if you've ever argued that Jesus wasn't really christian.

-You might be a liberal if you've ever thought about saying, "well, maybe it's better if we kill them before they have a chance to do anything wrong."

-You've ever referred to the moral fiber of something.
-You might be a liberal if you don't know what "moral fiber" means.

-You fax the FBI a list of "Commies in my Neighborhood."
-You might be a liberal if you fax the ACLU a list of "Active Christians in my Neighborhood."

-You've argued that art has a "moral foundation set in Western values."
-You might be a liberal if you think that moral foundations are set by artists.

-You think Birkenstock was that radical rock concert in 1969.
-You might be a liberal if you're willing to pay $80 for a pair of sandals so you can look like a radical from 1969.

-You might be a liberal if you'd rather let the commie jackbooted thugs protect your home than do it yourself.

-You might be a liberal if on more than one occasion, you've looked down through the glass ceiling to tell someone that this time you are serious about removing it if they'll just send you some more money.

-You might be a liberal if you're afraid the liberal media is disappearing.

-You ever told a child that Oscar the Grouch "lives in a trash can because he is lazy and doesn't want to contribute to society."
-You might be a liberal if you've ever told a child Oscars in a trashcan because the government doesn't give PBS enough money.

-You might be a liberal if you're not sure which one to name your kid after.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 12:43 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

LOL Lurkin...OMG....
Old 08-26-2003, 01:02 PM   #20
reeds
Golden Member

got to add this one....
...you want to bomb Iraq because they may have weapons of mass destruction (oil)...but give North Korea who has weapons of mass destruction a pass (no oil).

Old 08-26-2003, 01:03 PM   #21
reeds
Golden Member

ok..one more?!
you think entertainers such as Barbara Streisand and Alec Baldwin should stay out of politics and that entertainers like Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Bruce Willis should run for office, yet see nothing hypocritical bout holding these two views.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:04 PM   #22
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
You've ever referred to the moral fiber of something
Something a democrat could never do with integrity.

Quote:
I wonder what words Bill Clinton used.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 01:09 PM   #23
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
-You might be a liberal if you've ever told a child Oscars in a trashcan because the government doesn't give PBS enough money.
-Excellent work!
Old 08-26-2003, 01:20 PM   #24
reeds
Golden Member

this if for jacktruth...
you condemn Bill Clinton for lying about oral sex, but it is alright if Oliver North blatantly lies about Iran-Contra
Old 08-26-2003, 01:22 PM   #25
reeds
Golden Member

and this...
you think Bill Clinton's penis is the root of all evil
Old 08-26-2003, 01:24 PM   #26
reeds
Golden Member

and what really kills you is the fact the Clinton won 2 elections- fair and square- with the popular vote too I might add...hahahah
Old 08-26-2003, 02:09 PM   #27
jacktruth
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
this if for jacktruth...
you condemn Bill Clinton for lying about oral sex, but it is alright if Oliver North blatantly lies about Iran-Contra
I don't remember supporting Oliver North, nor was Oliver North president of the United States.

So what's your point?
Old 08-26-2003, 02:11 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
and this...
According to Monica Lewinsky, calling it a root is probably upsizing things a bit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 02:13 PM   #29
jacktruth
Golden Member

Quote:
and what really kills you is the fact the Clinton won 2 elections- fair and square- with the popular vote too I might add...hahahah
If I remember right, it is the electoral college that elects the President, so that is how candidates campaign. If it was by popular vote, Bush would have spent all his time in Texas and would have won the popular vote too.

I kills me how democrats insinuate that W. is an illegal president, but somehow, someway he is president.

I suppose if it benefited democrats, they would simply change the consitution back and forth between electoral college and popular vote elections, depending on the outcome.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:19 PM   #30
jacktruth
Golden Member

Quote:
and this...
Actually, I think satan, the father of lies, is the root of all evil.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:23 PM   #31
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
and this...
According to Monica Lewinsky, calling it a root is probably upsizing things a bit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I can't believe I am doing this......

I heard she preferred the cigar. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

And that Clinton needed to curve it around......
Old 08-26-2003, 02:49 PM   #32
reeds
Golden Member

...you think it was morally wrong for Saddam to gas his own people but morally right for Bush to bomb them .

Not all- but many Republicans beleive the above statement is true...are you one of them?? Most in here are...
Old 08-26-2003, 03:02 PM   #33
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
...you think it was morally wrong for Saddam to gas his own people but morally right for Bush to bomb them .

Not all- but many Republicans beleive the above statement is true...are you one of them?? Most in here are...
That is Chicken S reeds. Our intent was not to bomb Saddams "people". Our intent was to bomb the living hell out of Saddam's infiltry and hopefully Saddam himself, thus ridding his "people" of the burden of having to live under the tyrrany of his rule.

Get a life.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:09 PM   #34
reeds
Golden Member

Well, common sense tells you that innocent people will be killed in war, no matter how much intelligence/technology we have. So saying we intended to kill Sadaam and NO one else is also chicken S__t in my opinion..
Old 08-26-2003, 03:20 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Come on reeds. What were they supposed to say? We are going to bomb the crap out of whoever is there? It was a very sanitary war. The most sanitary in the history of warfare. I'd say on that point we did pretty well. It is true that innocent civilians were killed...children too, but unfortunately, war is not a completely sanitary matter.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:48 PM   #36
reeds
Golden Member

Yes, it was the most sanitary, I wont disagree with that. Bottom line is innocent life was lost, and more and more of our soldiers are dying daily... War is not my answer
Old 08-26-2003, 03:57 PM   #37
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

So is your answer to let Saddam kill his own people and us to turn a blind eye? Would that have been acceptable? Sean Penn thinks so, so it must be true! [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 03:58 PM   #38
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes, it was the most sanitary, I wont disagree with that. Bottom line is innocent life was lost, and more and more of our soldiers are dying daily... War is not my answer
this thread has been so fun, i dare not ask what your answer was...
Old 08-26-2003, 05:07 PM   #39
reeds
Golden Member

it wasnt "why dont we just bomb the sons of bitches", thats for sure..
Old 08-26-2003, 05:14 PM   #40
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
it wasnt "why dont we just bomb the sons of bitches", thats for sure..
You have made that quite obvious. So what... you think we should have gone to the UN and have them draw up yet ANOTHER resolution that Saddam would laugh at for another 12 years? Or should we have showered him with gifts and flowers in hopes of him changing his evil ways for the good of the world? Let's give Peace a chance, right?

COLD SLAP OF REALITY WARNING!!!!!! - reeds, sometimes it doesn't work.