Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-29-2003, 08:17 AM   #1
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default jason richardson convicted in domestic dispute

Thursday, August 28, 2003

Associated Press

SAGINAW, Mich. -- A Michigan jury has convicted Golden State Warriors guard Jason Richardson of a misdemeanor domestic violence charge stemming from an assault on his ex-girlfriend.

Roshonda Jacqmain testified Wednesday that Richardson, 22, pushed her so hard that she fell and struck her head against a wall, putting a large hole in it. The incident took place April 29 at Jacqmain's apartment, where Richardson had gone to pick up their 3-year-old daughter.

Richardson, a 6-foot-6, 220-pound Saginaw native who left Michigan State after his sophomore season to turn pro, testified that he was acting in self-defense, according to a Thursday report in The Saginaw News.

The trial began Wednesday. The jury deliberated 1½ hours before reaching its verdict, Saginaw County Prosecutor Michael Thomas said.

Richardson remained free on bond pending a sentencing hearing, which was not immediately scheduled, Thomas said. Richardson faces up to 93 days in jail and $500 in fines.

A message seeking comment from Richardson's attorney, Jeffery Taylor, was left at his Southfield office.

A two-year starter for the Warriors, Richardson averaged 15.6 points and 4.6 rebounds per game last season for the NBA team.

link
Old 08-29-2003, 09:18 AM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: jason richardson convicted in domestic dispute

I read about this in the paper. I like Richardson and hate to think he's one of those guys.

I wonder if he'll do any time in jail for it? I doubt it, but you never know.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:15 AM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

he brought dunk contest back to life.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:09 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

He was convicted. he should do some time (up to 93 days if that what the law allows). You do not hit women. That is something that really pisses me off.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 01:02 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

What a coward. They should place him in a holding cell with a bunch of big, hairy, sweaty, convicts and allow him to experience a little bit of prison love.

Old 08-29-2003, 02:26 PM   #6
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

God I'm sick and f*ing tired of hearing about all the NBA players that are having law run in's this year... What is the freaking deal...
Old 08-29-2003, 03:44 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was convicted. he should do some time (up to 93 days if that what the law allows). You do not hit women. That is something that really pisses me off.
I know he was convicted, but I figured he'd get out of jail time. I'm wrong? I was thinking along the lines of a fine (the most allowed), community service, and probation.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:53 PM   #8
JamisonJigga

JamisonJigga is on a distinguished road

Unfortunetly, since he is in the NBA, I bet he won't go to jail. His lawyer will probably try to force a settlement agreement. I hope though, that he does serve time. Hitting women is something you do not do period.
JamisonJigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:40 PM   #9
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

I don't like the idea of people going to jail, when they don't "deserve" it, I don't really know where that falls, since they did something to get in there BUT I have to agree Doc. He should serve his punishment and come back to the L.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:47 PM   #10
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Some one needs to be made an example of these professional athletes. How many drug arest charges have we heard about this offseason, or domestic abuse problems. What ever respect I had for this guy is lost.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 10:33 AM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

It always happens to the guys who either stayed in college 1 or 2 years or never went to college at all. You don't hear about this from guys like Shane Battier. These last couple of years these guys who didn't go to college or didn't finish have all been in some trouble. I find it funny they raised Jrich's weight up to 220 in the article. He must've gained alot of weight over the summer.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote