Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-16-2003, 09:50 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hurricane Isabel

Hurricane Isabel just turned towards North Carolina. The home of my sister. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2003, 09:57 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Hurricane Isabel

The home of me too. I live in Raleigh, so the most we'd get here is Mild Wind and Heavy rain.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:00 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Default Hurricane Isabel

My sister has a place on Bald Head Island right off Cape Fear. There is nothing between her place and the hurricane but a small sandy beach.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:07 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Is she leaving, this is really serious. I admit, i haven't been taking this serious b/c we get so many hurricane watches and warnings at this time of year that i don't really pay attention.

Along with me, posters like Hero Dirk and Ericka are also residing in NC.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 09-16-2003, 10:08 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Default Hurricane Isabel

She has a place in Greensboro too, so yes, but I am concerned for them.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:10 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Default Hurricane Isabel

I should have said very concerned....

I rode out Hurricane Allen in Texas back in the 80's. It hit as a category 4...it was horrifying. The prediction models are that Isabel will bulk back up to a category 5 before landing on NC. Seek shelter and leave coastal areas. I wish you all luck.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:26 PM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Yep Doc, local news is just reporting that it's expected that mild winds going between 40-45mph is expected to hit as far as Greensboro.

They also mentioned that the Hurricane is now borderline at category 2 to category 3. It doesn't show any signs of slowing down, but it doesn't show any signs of getting much stronger.

~The Salesman
Old 09-16-2003, 10:45 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Default Hurricane Isabel

Odd. Cnn just reported it could increase. ???? I hope it doesn't!
Old 09-18-2003, 12:30 AM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default Hurricane Isabel

Hey Doc, will you pass your advice on to my sister? She won't listen to me. She lives in Virginia Beach near the Norfolk Naval base....

She told me all the aircraft were flown down to key west, the helicopters sent inland, and the ships put out to sea. Still, she stays.

She's so stubborn.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I keep wanting to call her back and bark orders at her to get the HE!! out of there!!! But I know how she'd stay to her death, if I don't say it nicely. Obviously, nicely hasn't worked either though... That's it, I'm calling her in the morning and pulling out the big guns!
Old 09-18-2003, 03:00 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Default Hurricane Isabel

It's here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2003, 08:06 AM   #11
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hurricane Isabel

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
My sister has a place on Bald Head Island right off Cape Fear. There is nothing between her place and the hurricane but a small sandy beach.
But she's not there NOW right?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:33 AM   #12
hero = dirk

hero = dirk is on a distinguished road

yeah i live in NC... lots of hurricane talk... nc state and duke closed down in the triangle but nooo UNC doesn't. we stay open for anything! i think we'll just get rain and wind though. it shouldn't be too bad, but i wish they cancelled class! everyone stay safe!

Muhahahaha...
hero = dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 10:18 AM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Default Hurricane Isabel

MFFL- she moved inland to their home in Greensboro. Still....they could lose that place easy to this storm. It is literally 10-20 yards from the ocean. If I swam away from their place directly east there would be no land for a long long time. They are right on the beach. Nothing between the hurricane and their summer home.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:27 AM   #14
Nash13
Diamond Member

The winds here are knocking down trees, and we are only at 45mph winds. I shutter to think how bad it is on the beaches.

~The Salesman
Old 09-18-2003, 10:32 AM   #15
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default Hurricane Isabel

my sister decided to stay in Virginia Beach. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

She's so darn stubborn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Thank God she's not directly on the coast. I don't really know how far she lives from the actual beach....

I hope people will be okay...
Old 09-18-2003, 11:03 AM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Default Hurricane Isabel

It is wreaking havoc as we speak.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:28 PM   #17
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Hurricane Isabel

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:52 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Default Hurricane Isabel

What an amazing picture.

BTW, the power is out for over 3/4 million homes. Also, I tried calling my sister to see how things were going...nothing but busy signals.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:04 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Default Hurricane Isabel