Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-17-2003, 04:40 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default top 13 or so, from Murph..no, the list isn't complete yet

big boy laroux - he never punced me in the face

doc - living in waco, he's definitely in need of a pick me up. So, I thought I'd throw him a bone

bayliss - who could forget the good ol' days at hoopsworld?

dooby - no one is better at giving me hell than this guy.

evilmav - understands the contributions and impact of a solid big man on the game. Probably moreso than anyone else on the site.

grbh - corrected me on a cris/chris carpenter discussion once. I won't let that happen again.

hoopsmeister - always keeps a level head. He's the last guy that you'd see knee jerk about anything relating to basketball

KG Veteran - quite simply, the member with the most consistent quality basketball posts on the site

madape - no one is more over the top. You have to like a guy that shows so much support for a guy that weighs a buck twenty at 7'6

mffl - one of the best all around sports guys on the board. Of course, we're only counting the three major sports (baseball, football, and basketball)

OP - he wore a kilt to a freaking basketball game. Enough said.

rhylan - gotta throw one mod in there

sturm - the most intelligent female poster on the site. Knows basketball inside and out

thekid - he deserves mention just because he survived the bitter fin/dirk debates

Mavkiki - probably dislikes me more than anyone else listed in the top tier

thecrippler - disliked me more than anyone else in the history of the site when i first joined. but, he came around

on the rise
ummok - said that he'd help me with the move if need be. Bonus points for him

ames - knows the game. But, she wasn't on top of her game last week. She allowed UT to
get hammered by Arkansas.

mavsfanforever - quality is slowly getting better and better

u2sarajevo - not really. I just thought I'd get your hopes up.

the toad

on the fall
david - where oh where has my good buddy david gone. Got the two game swing down yet?

fisher - didn't he used to post at the site?

others with potential (the list is too long to show everyone )
twodeep
FFM
UL
jayc
ericalubarsky
mary
blonde bomber
shc

To be the best of the best, you must be an objective mavs fan.
Most of these guys and gals have a realistic outlook on the mavs and their capabilities
I love the die hard mavs fan..but, not the ones that are blind to reality.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2003, 04:40 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

and this is best sports posters..not the people that i like the best
Old 09-17-2003, 04:44 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
big boy laroux - he never punced me in the face

in fairness to me, i've never gotten the chance. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 04:47 PM   #4
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Quote:
and this is best sports posters..not the people that i like the best
I can't wait for that list.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 04:49 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Good list. I'd add dude1394, UL, LRB, The Crippler, and MavKikiNYC to your "top" tier if it were me, and I'm sure some others that I can't think of right now (apologies to those folks).
Old 09-17-2003, 04:51 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-17-2003, 04:52 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

ya know, i was doing this off the top of my head
with UL, i'd like to see what he does this season..he's definitely a tier one type guy if he has a solid first 20 games

the crippler - that's my bad..he hasn't posted much and i dropped the ball on this one
dude - does he still drop by?
mavkiki - definitely a top tier guy
Old 09-17-2003, 04:55 PM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

My top 10 includes anyone that actually did punch Murph in the face.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 04:57 PM   #9
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: top 13 or so, from Murph..no, the list isn't complete yet

I wonder what kind of category i'm in.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 04:59 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Well...there was that girl in the third grade. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'll pitch murph on that list too...
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 05:01 PM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Well...there was that girl in the third grade. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Some third-grader punched Murph? What, was he teaching the class?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:03 PM   #12
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
I wonder what kind of category i'm in.
Promising young poster, IMO.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:03 PM   #13
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
And Dooby continues to give Murph hell...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 05:06 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

nash13, you've been quite as of late..gotta be more vocal.

you've got three weeks to do your thing before the next list comes out.

this is just murph's little preview
Old 09-17-2003, 05:14 PM   #15
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I've been quiet b/c there's nothing to talk about. You'll see a different me when the season or preseason starts.

BTW, thanks KG.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 05:29 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

actually, nash, i'll go back and review some old notes that i made about your posting last season... see what i can come up with
Old 09-17-2003, 05:32 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

look out for xerxes...
Old 09-17-2003, 05:39 PM   #18
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Where is Sweets? I can't believe she didn't make the list.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:41 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

this thread is based upon sports contribution.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:49 PM   #20
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
look out for xerxes...
I was beginning to wonder...
Old 09-17-2003, 05:51 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

you're still relatively new. sometimes it's difficult to come up with everyone that you want to mention off the top of your head..
Old 09-17-2003, 07:07 PM   #22
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I am happy to see my name up there.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:16 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe murph left murph off that list. Come on murph...I nominated you......update the list.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 07:18 PM   #24
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
She allowed UT to get hammered by Arkansas.
Sure, rub it in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 07:52 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

ames, i'm not rubbing it in..i'm extremely hurt. you were a borderline top tier member..but, this pushed you down a notch.

and doc, well, me on the list..that kinda goes without saying
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 09:00 PM   #26
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been fulfilling my potential lately.. been too busy doing other stuff. Let bball season get going again, maybe I'll have some motivation.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:09 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

yeah, rhylan..i realize that you're underachieving as of late
Old 09-17-2003, 09:24 PM   #28
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I'm surprised murph had to be reminded to indulge in a little murph love. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:50 PM   #29
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I broke a stick over his ass. Does that count?
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 10:27 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

i'd like to apologize to OArk and hitman.. two definite screwups on my part for leaving you off the list.

and dirno...definitely a high quality up and comer. However..one suggestion. change avatars. Your avatar is definitely a trademark of madape. it'll help you develop your own personality on this board. you need to differentiate a bit
Old 09-17-2003, 10:35 PM   #31
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

murph, you keep amending your list or at least giving praise to everyone. Am I the only one you don't like?
Old 09-17-2003, 10:39 PM   #32
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
and dirno...definitely a high quality up and comer. However..one suggestion. change avatars. Your avatar is definitely a trademark of madape. it'll help you develop your own personality on this board. you need to differentiate a bit
I second this comment, on both points. You have something in your bag, so I want to read your posts. I have to say, though, that when I see that avatar, I think I'm about to get to read the greatness that is the Ape, and I get pissed when it's not him. Nothing against you, but I've been thoroughly entertained by the Ape for quite a while now, and that avatar will always remind me of him. Switch avatars, and I think you'll be on to something...

Old 09-17-2003, 11:36 PM   #33
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

OP, MFFL, Doc, Chiwas, The Kid, KG, Bayliss, Dooby, Hoopmesiter, evilmav, madape, and LRB...

...I read almost all there posts. I've not always agreed with them, but I like to think I've had respectable debates or discussions with them. They all bring something unique to the board.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:40 PM   #34
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I was sure that Murph would not put me on any list (except for maybe a s-list). So just to be mentioned, even though it was not for real, was an honor.

Thanks Murph for the non-props. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And I feel a little slighted, because I joined at the end of the playoffs and haven't really gone through a season yet. I hope to get more B-Ball focused then. I don't hold a candle to most of you guys, but I learn more each day.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:41 PM   #35
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I also agree with this. Try to pick out an avatar that is unique as possible. It helps.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 11:42 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

ha, U2, i knew you'd enjoy that
Old 09-18-2003, 08:08 AM   #37
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i'd like to apologize to OArk and hitman.. two definite screwups on my part for leaving you off the list.

Point taken
Old 09-18-2003, 08:12 AM   #38
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:

Point taken

Dammit Dirno, now you got Doc's old avatar. At least Doc's new one is unmistakeable. Not quite as confusing.

Old 09-18-2003, 08:48 AM   #39
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Dammit Dirno, now you got Doc's old avatar. At least Doc's new one is unmistakeable. Not quite as confusing.
I was thinking the same thing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Actually, this avatar will work fine, unless you can land a customized one.

Old 09-18-2003, 09:22 AM   #40
Murphy3
Guru

or, he could use the nun avatar...