Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-24-2003, 02:58 PM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default When's the 1st Dallas-Mavs watching Party?

What I'm dying to know, as I'm sure you all are, is when are we going to have the 1st Dallas-Mavs watching party for the 2003-2004 seeaon? How about some feedback and response?
Old 09-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday, Nov. 8 at my house. Dallas at San Antonio - game starts at 7:30 pm so start showing up around 6:30 or so. Anyone who wants to come just pm me and I'll give you directions.

EDIT TO SAY: And yes, I HAVE permission from Tabitha to invite you all.

DOUBLE EDITED TO ADD CORRECT TIMES
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 03:39 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

cool..i'm probably coming home from colorado the weekend before
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 05:23 PM   #4
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: When's the 1st Dallas-Mavs watching Party?

wherever it will take place... i guess my 1st one will be around february/march 2004 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]... see you then again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 07:45 PM   #5
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
Saturday, Nov. 8 at my house. Dallas at San Antonio - game starts at 8:30 pm so start showing up around 7:30 or so. Anyone who wants to come just pm me and I'll give you directions.

EDIT TO SAY: And yes, I HAVE permission from Tabitha to invite you all.
YAY! I've never seen a game on a 63" screen - or whatever it is you have now!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It's so cool Tabitha is willing to let a bunch of us into your house. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2003, 09:34 PM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

where do you live MFFL?
Old 09-25-2003, 09:54 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for getting this going MFFL and tell Tabitha a specail thanks too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2003, 10:27 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
where do you live MFFL?
I live 15 minutes southwest of DFW Airport (in Fort Worth)
Old 09-26-2003, 08:44 AM   #9
MFFL
Guru

My bad. The game is at 7:30 not 8:30. So everyone can show up at 6:30. And since the game will be on KTVT, it will be in glorious High Definition.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:45 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

cool, hopefully i'll be working in fort worth at the time
Old 09-26-2003, 09:44 AM   #11
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

The Sock and I will be there...good timing, his season starts 11/15.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:46 AM   #12
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Would you all mind if a dumb 16-year old came? Im as big of a fan as you all!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:55 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

if you bring the ket, you can come
Old 09-26-2003, 09:58 AM   #14
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
if you bring the ket, you can come
LOL, that shouldn't be a problem....

Old 09-26-2003, 10:18 AM   #15
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
I don't mind >if< I talk to one of your parents beforehand. There will be some drinking on the premises and while there will not be any underage drinking, I want to be sure that it is OK with them. Plus I want to know how to get in touch with your parents if something should come up.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:20 AM   #16
MFFL
Guru

BTW, the Mavs watching party will be BYOB. I'll provide the munchies but you guys bring whatever booze suits your purpose.

And Tabitha said that while drinking is allowed, excessive drinking is not. We want everyone to get home safe.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:22 AM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

MFFL, so him bringing the keg was a bad idea?
Old 09-26-2003, 10:25 AM   #18
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
MFFL, so him bringing the keg was a bad idea?
It is an excellent idea for the rest of us. Unfortunately he won't benefit personally from it.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:36 AM   #19
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

i can't believe ya'll live about 4 miles from me!
Old 09-29-2003, 02:05 AM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

mffl, i was looking to buy a house on the same street you live on..but, before i made up my mind, someone else purchased it
Old 09-29-2003, 09:00 AM   #21
MFFL
Guru

I like my neighborhood a lot. It's not super expensive but its nice. Its a great place for the rats - lots of other kids for them to play with.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:21 AM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

yeah..i don't really like people, besides myself...
so, that neighborhood might not have been a good one for me to live in
Old 09-29-2003, 05:15 PM   #23
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
I don't mind >if< I talk to one of your parents beforehand. There will be some drinking on the premises and while there will not be any underage drinking, I want to be sure that it is OK with them. Plus I want to know how to get in touch with your parents if something should come up.
Ok, I'll send you a private message about it soon, thanks.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:32 PM   #24
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Do you drive? If so, you will have to be the designated driver to haul the drunk adults to the liquor store to get more booze.
[img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 11:56 PM   #25
Smiles
Diamond Member

well, there goes the neighborhood. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

i guess it's okay to have the party so close to home. if i have to call for someone to give me a ride home, they won't have to go so far to go to fetch me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

edit: MFFL, no worries! i just try to be extra careful about driving at all after a few drinks.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:44 AM   #26
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: southern_sweets
Quote:
Do you drive? If so, you will have to be the designated driver to haul the drunk adults to the liquor store to get more booze.
[img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Haha, I'd love to help out. Let's just makes sure it's at halftime.

Old 10-01-2003, 07:53 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

i'm just hoping that nellie isn't cussed as much as he was at the first chat party
Old 10-01-2003, 10:04 PM   #28
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

I would like to come too MFFL, are lawyers welcome? U2 can vouch for my not being stalker-like to an egregious degree. Smiles can vouch for me also, to a much more limited extent.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:07 PM   #29
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
I would like to come too MFFL, are lawyers welcome? U2 can vouch for my not being stalker-like to an egregious degree. Smiles can vouch for me also, to a much more limited extent.
How do I know you haven't stalked me? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 10:11 PM   #30
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: smile_at_me10
Quote:
How do I know you haven't stalked me? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You don't... good point. I have only one reference then. Will this be enough? [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 10:27 PM   #31
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I am very excited to be there.

Some tips for people who like to take tips:

Its good to drink till mid 3rd quarter and then stop after that. Helps in driving.

I would finally get to see the faces behind the name.

Do we have a final list of people who are attending this party?
Old 10-01-2003, 10:39 PM   #32
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
I would like to come too MFFL, are lawyers welcome?
Everyone is invited and everyone is welcome (except Laker fans).
Old 10-02-2003, 10:34 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Quote:
I would like to come too MFFL, are lawyers welcome?
Everyone is invited and everyone is welcome (except Laker fans).
And Qok fans.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 12:22 AM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

well, not sure if i'll be able to make it....i could very possibly still be in the hell hole known as denver, colorado.

will let you know as soon as I find out
Old 10-03-2003, 08:51 PM   #35
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I missed the last one...so I want to make this one. It helps that you live fairly close MFFL.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:15 PM   #36
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Do we have a list of people coming, yet?
Old 10-04-2003, 09:41 PM   #37
MFFL
Guru

It looks like it is going to be between 10 and 16 people. I'll try to contact everyone over the next couple of days and ask if it is alright to post their name to a tentative guest list. It's probably OK but I'd like to check first.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:43 PM   #38
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

sadly, i will not be able to make this party. we should have another one in december, preferably after december 13. then i could come!have fun guys!
Old 10-04-2003, 09:51 PM   #39
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Put me down as tentative. I won't know until close to the date. I have to arrange for the boys and I don't know if my parents will still be in town.

Just an idea...it might be fun to do this once a month. Maybe not always at MFFL's house. We can change it each month. I'm still up for doing a party outside of Dallas, Austin or Waco. You Dallas people can carpool.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 10:49 PM   #40
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: southern_sweets
Just an idea...it might be fun to do this once a month.
Ack!

Quote:
Maybe not always at MFFL's house.
Whew!