Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-03-2003, 07:38 PM   #1
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default Barkley comments on Dirk - Will he be forced to resign?

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NBA. The media has been very desirous that a white star do well," Barkley said. "There is a little hope invested in Dirk, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The offense carried this team."

Nowitzki, the subject of Barkley's criticism, was shocked not only by Barkley's comments, but that no one on the pregame panel counterattacked.

Among NBA ond TNT commentators are former players Kenny Smith and Magic Johnson.

"I'm not pointing at anyone but someone should have said it," Nowitzki said of the panelists, who also include Ernie Johnson. "I wouldn't have cared if it was the cameraman."

Huge boycotts are planned of the TNT studios if the Turner Network does not fire Barkley for these racially biased and insensitive remarks.

Point = Would anyone in the media give a damn if Barkley made these comments? Would Dirk even comment on it? Would Barkley be forced to resign

No, they would not.

If Barkley were held to the same standards he would have been fired many years ago.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2003, 07:47 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

there's one big difference hitman....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 07:48 PM   #3
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

I agree with this. There is definately a double standard.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 07:49 PM   #4
Mavs_fun_fan

Mavs_fun_fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Hitman
"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NBA. The media has been very desirous that a white star do well," Barkley said. "There is a little hope invested in Dirk, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The offense carried this team."

Nowitzki, the subject of Barkley's criticism, was shocked not only by Barkley's comments, but that no one on the pregame panel counterattacked.

Among NBA ond TNT commentators are former players Kenny Smith and Magic Johnson.

"I'm not pointing at anyone but someone should have said it," Nowitzki said of the panelists, who also include Ernie Johnson. "I wouldn't have cared if it was the cameraman."

Huge boycotts are planned of the TNT studios if the Turner Network does not fire Barkley for these racially biased and insensitive remarks.

Point = Would anyone in the media give a damn if Barkley made these comments? Would Dirk even comment on it? Would Barkley be forced to resign

No, they would not.

If Barkley were held to the same standards he would have been fired many years ago.

Your right Barkley should have been fired long ago.............

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Of course your right this is all a bunch of BS, A lot of powerful media people really dislike Rush. What he said didn't amount to crap. And don't come call me a racist because there is no way that's true, Hey I don't even like Rush but I think Donovan is way, way over rated.
Mavs_fun_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 07:55 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
there's one big difference hitman....
yes.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 08:13 PM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Barkley comments on Dirk - Will he be forced to resign?

F'ing bullshit.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:26 PM   #7
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:

No, they would not.

Come on. Is this thread serious? Did Barkely really say those things?

Old 10-03-2003, 08:43 PM   #8
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

No, this did not happen. Though Barkley does bring up race a lot.

I think hitman is just trying to illustrate a point using an imaginary scenario.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
Old 10-03-2003, 08:58 PM   #9
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
No, this did not happen. Though Barkley does bring up race a lot.

I think hitman is just trying to illustrate a point using an imaginary scenario.
I agree. I have heard Barkley say so on multiple occasions that he loves Dirk's game so I don't believe this to be reality. On the other hand, I don't put it past Barkley to say something this stupid.

Old 10-03-2003, 09:17 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Quote:

No, they would not.

Come on. Is this thread serious? Did Barkely really say those things?
Of course not. Barkley could never speak have as eloquently as those quotes.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 09:54 PM   #11
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I agree with this. There is definately a double standard.

I do not see a double standard. Rush was not fired and he said he resigned himself.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:01 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Just close this thread. All this thread is going to do is stir up trouble. I have never heard Barkley say that Dirk was never a good player from the get go. These are two completely differnet comments here. Some of you guys don't understand why people are upset about what Rush said. It wasn't because he said that the media wants to highlight McNabb because he is black. It's way deeper than that.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:06 PM   #13
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Quote:
I do not see a double standard. Rush was not fired and he said he resigned himself.
I don't want to argue or anything, I was just saying that I agree. By no means am i an authority. In my opinion though, minorities can say things that white people can't say. Michael Irvin said that Rush would have been fired if he hadn't resigned. I just remember situatiions where black players have said things that whites would have been crucified if they had said the same things.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:11 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
I don't want to argue or anything, I was just saying that I agree. By no means am i an authority. In my opinion though, minorities can say things that white people can't say. Michael Irvin said that Rush would have been fired if he hadn't resigned. I just remember situatiions where black players have said things that whites would have been crucified if they had said the same things.

I've been holding this in but i'm going to go ahead and say it. The reason why caucasians aren't really allowed to say what african americans are able to say go all the way back to slavery. No need to explain that situation. When it comes to race black people can speak so freely on it because of the torture that was done to them during the slavery stage. People feel that white people don't have the same rights that black people have when it comes to dicussing race. Is it right? No, but that is just the way it is.

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2003, 10:18 PM   #15
Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Barkley comments on Dirk - Will he be forced to resign?

Actually, Chuck was the first NBA player to acknowledge that Dirk should be in the NBA. Barkley & team USA where playing Germany (I cant remember the year, but Dirk was still a teenager) & Dirk had a monster dunk over Barkley. After the game, Chuck said that "this kid should be in the NBA". I will try to find the story & post it here later.
Dirk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:20 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
When it comes to race black people can speak so freely on it because of the torture that was done to them during the slavery stage.
Just who are thes black people who can speak so freely because what was done to them during the slavery stage? How old are they. Let's see, slavery went away completely when the south surrendered in 1865. That was 138 years ago. No if your were only one or two years old it would be hard to have many memories. So where are all these 140 + year old people?
Old 10-03-2003, 10:21 PM   #17
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Quote:
People feel that white people don't have the same rights that black people have when it comes to dicussing race. Is it right? No, but that is just the way it is.

Yeah... see that is a double standard, though. So, really, I think we both agree.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:24 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
When it comes to race black people can speak so freely on it because of the torture that was done to them during the slavery stage.
Just who are thes black people who can speak so freely because what was done to them during the slavery stage? How old are they. Let's see, slavery went away completely when the south surrendered in 1865. That was 138 years ago. No if your were only one or two years old it would be hard to have many memories. So where are all these 140 + year old people?
Just the race. The black race is what went through that torture. Doesn't matter if Fred Williams or Sally Sue went through that torture. The black race went through it regardless. I don't agree with it but thats just why black people are able to speak so freely on race.

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2003, 10:27 PM   #19
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Quote:
Just the race. The black race is what went through that torture. Doesn't matter if Fred Williams or Sally Sue went through that torture. The black race went through it regardless. I don't agree with it but thats just why black people are able to speak so freely on race.
So, if I'm Jewish, meaining I'm a descendent of the people who were slaves to the Egyptians during the time of Moses, believed to be black, I have a right as a member of the Jewish race to speak out against all black people?

Old 10-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So, if I'm Jewish, meaining I'm a descendent of the people who were slaves to the Egyptians during the time of Moses, believed to be black, I have a right as a member of the Jewish race to speak out against all black people?

You have the right to do whatever you want. I don't know what else to tell you LRB. Black people never get called racist or for making racial comments because of what happened in the previous years. From the 1800's or the 1950's. I never said I agreed with it but that is the reason why. All I have been hearing on this site is why are black people able to say what they want but white people can't. Thats the reason. Simple as that.

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2003, 10:36 PM   #21
LRB
Guru

BTW "white america" has paid dearly for slavery. More white americans died in the Civil War, which was slavery was one of the major issues that led to this war, than in World War II, World War I, Vietnam, and the American Revolutionary war all rolled into one. Most of the rich slave owners in the south lost their wealth as a consequence of the civil war. The south was financially raped by the north during reconstruction.

Does this make up for the atrocities of slavery? No, I don't think that it is humanly possible to do so. But no one alive today that I know of was part of that situation. The oldest people that I know of were born decades after the civil war completed and slavery was abolished. So are all caucasians to be held accountable for what people who may not even have been our ancestors did just because we share the same skin color? Excuse me if that sounds really racist.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:38 PM   #22
LRB
Guru

FFM, nothing personal against you. I think you're just starting a perception. I just have a bone of contention with that perception.

I don't like racism in any shape or fashion.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:41 PM   #23
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
BTW "white america" has paid dearly for slavery. More white americans died in the Civil War, which was slavery was one of the major issues that led to this war, than in World War II, World War I, Vietnam, and the American Revolutionary war all rolled into one. Most of the rich slave owners in the south lost their wealth as a consequence of the civil war. The south was financially raped by the north during reconstruction.

Does this make up for the atrocities of slavery? No, I don't think that it is humanly possible to do so. But no one alive today that I know of was part of that situation. The oldest people that I know of were born decades after the civil war completed and slavery was abolished. So are all caucasians to be held accountable for what people who may not even have been our ancestors did just because we share the same skin color? Excuse me if that sounds really racist.

No one is saying anyone is accountable for what what happened over 100 years ago. If you are white, purple or orange if you would've made those comments that Rush made and you had the same history as he does you would still get the same impact. It's not necessarily the person who made the comments it's who the comments were referred to is what is making a big impact.

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2003, 10:43 PM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
FFM, nothing personal against you. I think you're just starting a perception. I just have a bone of contention with that perception.

Okay LRB. Explain to me why Rush had to resign from his spot at Espn. Explain to me why he is being called a racist for his statements. Explain to me why a black comedian can joke about caucasians but they can't joke about black people?

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2003, 10:46 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:

Okay LRB. Explain to me why Rush had to resign from his spot at Espn. Explain to me why he is being called a racist for his statements. Explain to me why a black comedian can joke about caucasians but they can't joke about black people?
When I say I have a bone of contention, I mean I disagree with the thinking. I don't disagree that there are a lot of people of all colors who belive this. And you're right that's why Rush was pressured to resign and black comedian's can joke about black people but caucasians can't. It's also why black people can use the "N" word. Something that I find very apalling and wish we could totally rid the planet of that word.

Old 10-03-2003, 10:50 PM   #26
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Me neither. I detest racism. I was very shocked to read FFM's comments.

Now to Hitman, who seems to have posted this and dissappeared, is the reason you started this thread because of what happened to Rush?

I don't think Barkley should or would be fired, not because he is black, but because he is not being racist when stating that the media is desiring a white star to do well. Just as Rush should not have been fired for stating that the media wants a star black quarterback.

When we start firing people for giving an opinion, we have lost our freedom of speech. "If" that ever happens we have started censorship. We in America are supposed to be immune to censorship.... I hope we retain the right to not be censored. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 10:50 PM   #27
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

This is why it's fine to have a BET but if there was a "WET" there would be protests through the anus. I only mean to make a point, no offense to anyone.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:52 PM   #28
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
This is why it's fine to have a BET but if there was a "WET" there would be protests through the anus. I only mean to make a point, no offense to anyone.
You are not making a point with that statement, you will only incite rage with knee jerk comments like that.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:53 PM   #29
LRB
Guru

Quote:

Well if "WET" had the same quality of entertainment as BET I'd be protesting too. Enough cable channels already with lame programming.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 11:04 PM   #30
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
You are not making a point with that statement, you will only incite rage with knee jerk comments like that.
MY POINT IS, there is a double standard and it's not right...
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 11:06 PM   #31
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When I say I have a bone of contention, I mean I disagree with the thinking. I don't disagree that there are a lot of people of all colors who belive this. And you're right that's why Rush was pressured to resign and black comedian's can joke about black people but caucasians can't. It's also why black people can use the "N" word. Something that I find very apalling and wish we could totally rid the planet of that word.
Like I said, I don't agree with it but thats just the way I see it. It's the only explanation in my eyes. As far as the "N" word goes I have no problem with anyone saying it around me. The word means ignorant and I am by no means ignorant so there is no reason to talk to anyone by calling them ignorant.

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2003, 11:08 PM   #32
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:

Me neither. I detest racism. I was very shocked to read FFM's comments.

Now to Hitman, who seems to have posted this and dissappeared, is the reason you started this thread because of what happened to Rush?

I don't think Barkley should or would be fired, not because he is black, but because he is not being racist when stating that the media is desiring a white star to do well. Just as Rush should not have been fired for stating that the media wants a star black quarterback.

When we start firing people for giving an opinion, we have lost our freedom of speech. "If" that ever happens we have started censorship. We in America are supposed to be immune to censorship.... I hope we retain the right to not be censored. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]

Why were you shocked?

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2003, 11:11 PM   #33
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:

AT the time BET was created there was nothing on T.V. that really appealed to black people. Just because it is called Black Entertainment Television doesn't mean blacks are the only ones to watch it. Everyone is free to watch it. A station called "WET" would imply that only caucasians are allowed to watch the station.

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2003, 11:13 PM   #34
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

From my understanding of the situation, wasn't Limbau claiming that the Media was racist? I tend to agree with that, I think Dirk is under-valued because he is white.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:13 PM   #35
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

double post
Old 10-03-2003, 11:19 PM   #36
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
MY POINT IS, there is a double standard and it's not right...

So what would make you happy? Life is not fair. Every race has its double standards.

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2003, 11:19 PM   #37
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Why were you shocked?
The argument that states white persons owe black persons something because of the persecution they went through during the dark days of slavery only exacerbates the problem. Not only is there no logic to that argument, it only perpetuates the hatred from the racists.

I was shocked because I thought you would be able to see through that...
Old 10-03-2003, 11:21 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Quote:

AT the time BET was created there was nothing on T.V. that really appealed to black people. Just because it is called Black Entertainment Television doesn't mean blacks are the only ones to watch it. Everyone is free to watch it. A station called "WET" would imply that only caucasians are allowed to watch the station.
Didn't want to jump in on this but this statement is kind of rediculous FFM. Let's use some other analogies. What about the NAACP? It implies that it is an organization for colored persons. (BTW, I support NAACP programs). What about the Sheridan Black College Football poll? Why are their "black" colleges still? I know they are all open for integration. It's a perception thing. If there were an NAAWP or a white college football poll, people would "protest through the anus" as was said earlier. You can certainly argue that the white college football poll is called the NCAA, but we both know that isn't really equivalent. Many universities in the NCAA are very much represented by minority students. I'm not trying to stoke up the topic, but there is a point here. You eshew that only caucasians would be allowed to watch WET. The same can easily be argued for BET. The NAACP and the NAAWP? Same argument. Black college football poll? Same thing.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 11:27 PM   #39
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Quote:

Didn't want to jump in on this but this statement is kind of rediculous FFM. Let's use some other analogies. What about the NAACP? It implies that it is an organization for colored persons. (BTW, I support NAACP programs). What about the Sheridan Black College Football poll? Why are their "black" colleges still? I know they are all open for integration. It's a perception thing. If there were an NAAWP or a white college football poll, people would "protest through the anus" as was said earlier. You can certainly argue that the white college football poll is called the NCAA, but we both know that isn't really equivalent. Many universities in the NCAA are very much represented by minority students. I'm not trying to stoke up the topic, but there is a point here. You eshew that only caucasians would be allowed to watch WET. The same can easily be argued for BET. The NAACP and the NAAWP? Same argument. Black college football poll? Same thing.

Well it's like I said earlier. This goes back to what happened in the past to african americans. With all the pain that has occured in the past to African Americans around america people feel they owe the black culture something. I don't agree with it and maybe it's not true but that is the only explanation I can come up with.

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2003, 11:30 PM   #40
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Why were you shocked?
The argument that states white persons owe black persons something because of the persecution they went through during the dark days of slavery only exacerbates the problem. Not only is there no logic to that argument, it only perpetuates the hatred from the racists.

I was shocked because I thought you would be able to see through that...

Well I will ask you the same thing I asked LRB earlier. "Explain to me why Rush had to resign from his spot at Espn. Explain to me why he is being called a racist for his statements. Explain to me why a black comedian can joke about caucasians but they can't joke about black people?".

U2, I have stated that I don't agree with the logic but that is the only explanation I can come up with. BTW, I hope no one on this board feels I think that white people owe the black culture anything. Thats not what i'm debating here at all.

1996-2005

Tags
dirk