Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-10-2003, 02:54 PM   #1
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default Teen assaulted by Internet acquaintance

02:03 PM CDT on Friday, October 10, 2003

By ROBERT THARP / The Dallas Morning News

A 14-year-old Irving girl was sexually assaulted last week after corresponding with a Rockwall man in an Internet chat room and arranging to meet him, police said.

Police arrested 29-year-old __ on Monday on a charge of suspicion of sexual assault of a child. He was released from jail Thursday after posting a $7,500 cash bond. He could not be reached for comment.

According to police reports, __ corresponded with the youth over the Internet and arranged to pick her up in Irving on Oct. 3. He brought her back to his home in south Rockwall and sexually assaulted her, police said.

After the assault, he dropped her off in the parking lot of a Rowlett motel and gave her money for the taxi fare back to Irving, police said. Instead, the girl tried to rent a room, which drew suspicion of the motel staff. They alerted authorities.

Police obtained a search warrant and seized __'s computer.

Last edited by djb; 10-13-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Caliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2003, 02:56 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

There's a lot of sick people out in the world. Unfortunately many of them have internet access. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 03:04 PM   #3
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Teen assaulted by Internet acquaintance

Absolutely sick, but one has to ask where the girl's parents were. My younger sister (about 15 at the time) used to frequent chat rooms, until she recieved a letter with a certain Huntsville return address. After that, the chat site was blocked and she couldn't use the internet without someone looking over her shoulder at all times.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 03:30 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Parents should definitely monitor their kids. Also kids should be instructed how even seeming innocent statements can give a pedophile the kid's name and address.

Example kids says that he/she is on swim team. Kid says that he/she lives in DFW. Kid says he/she placed 2nd in meet on the 11th and 5th in meet on the 16th. That's enough info to get the kid's name, school, and from there to get the home address.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:38 PM   #5
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

This is absolutely sick, what a crazy world we live in folks!
Old 10-10-2003, 03:46 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

an amazing thing...i'm not sure if this is still the case, but the legal age in Hawaii was 14 for many, many years.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 03:53 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is best practice if anyone, especially females, NEVER agrees to meet ANYONE they have become acquainted with over the internet unless the meeting happens in a group setting and you know and trust at least one of the persons present. And if you are under the age of 18 not even then.

That said, I don't know any of you personally so maybe I shouldn't go to the watching party.....

?????????????

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 03:56 PM   #8
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
I think it is best practice if anyone, especially females, NEVER agrees to meet ANYONE they have become acquainted with over the internet unless the meeting happens in a group setting and you know and trust at least one of the persons present. And if you are under the age of 18 not even then.

That said, I don't know any of you personally so maybe I shouldn't go to the watching party.....

?????????????

Don't worry Kobe will only be on TV.

Old 10-10-2003, 05:09 PM   #9
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Crazy story. This happens all the time, if I had kids I would frequently remind them not to give any strangers personal information.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:23 PM   #10
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:

?????????????

Don't worry Kobe will only be on TV.

Let it go bro, let it go.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:23 PM   #11
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

?????????????

I second that emotion...

Don't leave your drinks unattended girls.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:20 PM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Teen assaulted by Internet acquaintance

Internet scandal continues.

Manhattan prep school chief accused of sending Internet smut to girls

By JIM FITZGERALD
Associated Press Writer

October 27, 2003, 6:31 PM EST

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The headmaster at a Manhattan prep school was arrested Monday at his Westchester County home and accused of having indecent online conversations with people he thought were young girls.

John Dexter, 60, who heads the Trevor Day School, was being held on $25,000 bail after his arraignment in White Plains City Court on two counts of trying to send indecent material to minors, said Westchester District Attorney Jeanine Pirro.

She said that between June and October he entered an otherwise innocuous chat room for teenage girls and sent explicit messages and photos to investigators posing as 14- and 15-year-old girls.

The messages, she told reporters, were "too explicit to read to you" but described sex acts he wanted to perform. The photos were of other girls, Pirro said.

Dexter also tried to get the "girls" to meet him for sex, Pirro said.

"Parents need to know that computers are not baby sitters," she said.

She said Dexter's computers at home and at school, as well as the school's entire network, were being searched for more evidence.

After Pirro's news conference, the school announced through a public relations firm that it had placed Dexter on a leave of absence. It said it had no reason to believe "that Trevor students were involved in Dr. Dexter's alleged misconduct."

Messages left at Dexter's Tarrytown home were not returned.

The school has buildings on East 89th Street at Fifth Avenue and West 88th Street at Central Park West. It charges annual tuition ranging from $15,350 for its nursery school to $25,400 for grades 9-12. Starting in fifth grade, each pupil is required to buy a laptop computer.

According to the school's Internet site, Dexter has a fine arts degree from the Carnegie Institute of Technology and advanced education degrees from Teachers College at Columbia.

If convicted, Dexter could face 15 months to four years in prison.

Pirro's ongoing Internet sex sting has led to 78 arrests and 65 convictions, she said. The remaining cases are pending.

"I am forever disappointed when I hear about this," she said. "You'd like to think that when you're out there you're having a deterrent effect, and I think we are."
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote