Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-10-2003, 03:50 PM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timberwolves' Fogies Already Breaking Down!

Non-mav, but the fact that it is Minnesota really makes it relevant!!!

Sprewell doubtful vs. Knicks with sore Achilles' Oct. 9, 2003
SportsLine.com wire reports

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A sore Achilles' tendon probably will keep Minnesota Timberwolves guard Latrell Sprewell out of the lineup when he returns to New York for an exhibition game Saturday against his former team.

"We'll see how he is, if he practices tomorrow," Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders said. "I'd say right now he's probably doubtful."

Sprewell worked out in the Ohio State training room and shot baskets in pregame warmups, but was not in uniform as Minnesota played its exhibition opener Thursday night against the Milwaukee Bucks.

Minnesota acquired Sprewell from the Knicks in a four-team trade that sent Terrell Brandon to Atlanta, Glenn Robinson to Philadelphia and Keith Van Horn to New York. Sprewell will be Minnesota's starting shooting guard, one of several new additions to the Timberwolves.

Despite all of the talent that has been gained this off-season for Minnesota, nothing can get past Father Time! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 04:02 PM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Timberwolves' Fogies Already Breaking Down!

I think the Lakers will soon attest to that. Payton and Malone looked a lot better in their opening game against GS than in the 2nd game a couple of nights later. Shouldn’t be much of a factor in the playoffs though.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Probably, but I guess it just depends on whether or not those SORE achilles' tendons during the course of a year end up being PULLED/TORN. Just a matter of conditioning, but regardless how hard you work, the older you get, the better your odds are of breaking in some fashion or another.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:36 PM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

you know where this goes.

begging for hits on a internet discussion board is sort of silly. you get just as much traffic in around the nba as you do in the general mavs discussion.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:41 PM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Begging for hits? Please... No need to be a jerk exchange... I don't give a shit if you are a Mod, there just is no need to make assumptions you can't back up...

I actually did know where it should go after I posted it, but unfortunately I didn't know how to move it. I even edited the message to PUT that it was non-mav so that flame-throwers as yourself could be a bit more forgiving...

Damn!
Old 10-10-2003, 04:44 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Uh Oh!
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:45 PM   #7
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Well damn you know... You make a mistake, try to fix it the best you can, and you still get slandered... I don't have to take that crap no matter who it is...
Old 10-10-2003, 04:50 PM   #8
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Non-mav, but the fact that it is Minnesota really makes it relevant!!!
that was your edited part of the message. it doesnt say anywhere that you posted it in the wrong section, it doesnt say that you made a mistake and mods please move it, you yourself say its relevant.

now danny, if you'd like to continue engaging in a battle of wits with an empty paper bag. feel free. if i really wanted to slander you, there are much more humiliating ways i could have done it.

step 1. unwedge the underwear from each cheek.
step 2. breath and relax.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:54 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Dan, I'm not sure what you're getting worked up about. Let it go.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:55 PM   #10
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

With everyone posting about Minnesota being above us and Lakers being above us, I did think it to be relevant, but I also knew it didnt belong. I do NOT know all of the abilities of the board, in that I can just yell out MODS TAKE IT AWAY and you guys come running. I knew I messed up, so I added that top line trying to explain/justify myself the best I could, (or so I thought at the time).

On another note, I'm not your boy, although you obviously know that due to you changing your post...

Engage in a battle of wits... Yeah, you got me shaking there Trebek... Do I get a shot at the Daily Double!!!

Chump!
Old 10-10-2003, 04:56 PM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Back on topic, I suppose the same argument being made here about Sprewell's Achilles tendon could be made about Michael Finley's hamstring.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:57 PM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I just do not deserve being belittled, or should I say I do not deserve the attempt at being belittled...

Sorry if I am upsetting you KG... Not trying to upset anyone... He just rubbed me wrong with his tone...
Old 10-10-2003, 04:58 PM   #13
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
With everyone posting about Minnesota being above us and Lakers being above us, I did think it to be relevant, but I also knew it didnt belong. I do NOT know all of the abilities of the board, in that I can just yell out MODS TAKE IT AWAY and you guys come running. I knew I messed up, so I added that top line trying to explain/justify myself the best I could, (or so I thought at the time).
For future reference, it's fairly simple to send a PM to a moderator asking them to move a thread.

Quote:
On another note, I'm not your boy...
Where did he say that?

Quote:
Engage in a battle of wits... Yeah, you got me shaking there Trebek... Do I get a shot at the Daily Double!!!

Chump!
You know, I'd hate to see someone who appears to have something to say get all worked up and get himself booted for no good reason.

Let it go.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:59 PM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

He edited out the BOY part KG...

And I will let it go... Thanks for the heads up on PM'ing the Mods...

I truly didnt know...
Old 10-10-2003, 05:01 PM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
I just do not deserve being belittled, or should I say I do not deserve the attempt at being belittled...

Sorry if I am upsetting you KG... Not trying to upset anyone... He just rubbed me wrong with his tone...
He didn't try to belittle you. All he said was that you were trying to get more attention for the thread by placing it in the General Mavs section. That's true. The other stuff he said was in response to your comments.

You seem like a good guy, and aex is a good mod.

Let's move on.

Old 10-10-2003, 05:02 PM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Well, since this HAS been put in the appropriate area by a good friend of mine, (and I will officially say sorry for the outburst Exchange, just maybe you could PM me for intentions before you convict me of being a HAPPY POSTER who is lusting for hits), how does everyone feel about my first message in this thread...
Old 10-10-2003, 05:04 PM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

No KG, that is where you and he are wrong... I was NOT trying to get more attention by placing the thread in General... I just typed up a thread that I didnt find anywhere else, and the last place I checked happened to be General. I then posted it, and found that it was there... I opened it and didnt find a MOVE option, so I edited it to semi-explain/justify... I KNEW it belonged in NBA, but I just didnt know how to get it there after accidentaly posting it in General...

Anyways...
Old 10-10-2003, 05:05 PM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

The Minnesota acquisitions clearly made them a better team, but they are also overrated in that Olowokandi is certainly not reliable, Sprewell is getting old, and Cassell could be headed that way.

Old 10-10-2003, 05:06 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I know what you mean... You don't think while I was posting this that the thought of others posting about Finley's hammy didnt cross my mind? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] They are both getting mature for the NBA game... Those things happen...
Old 10-10-2003, 05:08 PM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Hopefully we will have the luxury of actually protecting Fin (and Nash) a bit this year. I would love to see the backcourt rotation look like this:

Finley 30 - Welsch/Daniels/TAW 18
Nash 30 - Best 18
Old 10-10-2003, 05:08 PM   #21
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

You have to admit though, as overrated and unpredictable as Olowokandi is, it sure would have been nice to grab him with the exception like Minny did... He is a huge man that can really alter another big man's shot. He might also have a really good year... I can say this much for that guy: He is a lot better than Nesterovic!
Old 10-10-2003, 05:12 PM   #22
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I would love to see that too, only I would also like to slip some of Daniels' minutes into the mix with Best, despite his point-forward title... The kid has some good handles, and I would want to bring him up as a point rather than a 2-guard...
Old 10-10-2003, 05:14 PM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Off topic question, but I have been wondering this since I first started coming here...

KG, were you actually a fan of the AWA??? Man I use to go to those events all the time. When I lived in Hillsboro, they would come and we could see the Freebirds, Von Erichs, etc...

Iceman was hilarious... So was that guy with the huge bird on his shoulders... What was his name... COCO BWARE or something like that...
Old 10-10-2003, 10:48 PM   #24
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
step 1. unwedge the underwear from each cheek.
step 2. breath and relax.
Haha, that's the best post I've seen in awhile...

MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote