Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-11-2003, 11:54 PM   #1
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default Yankees win, Cubs win

Cubs won again, Yankees barely get by Boston. Did anyone else see when Zimmer ran after Pedro and and then Pedro dropped the old man to the ground? What a crazy game!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2003, 11:57 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Yankees win, Cubs win

That was crazy wacko the way Pedro grabbed his head and threw him down. Bill Walton would have been proud of him.

I wish the Sox would have won, but seeing the groundskeeper get in a fight with the bullpen was satisfying enough for me.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2003, 12:01 AM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

The money is approaching to me more and more.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2003, 12:44 AM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I think the Cubs have stepped up so big that it doesn't matter who they face now, i don't think anybody can beat them.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 11:17 AM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Originally, I thought Martínez looked pretty bad for the way he reacted to Zimmer. But the more I think about it, the only thing worse than throwing a 72-year old to the ground, would've been to for Martínez to've allowed himself to be sucker-punched by a 72-year-old. Martínez was in a bad situation, and reacted poorly. But the real responsility lies with Zimmer. He had absolutely NO BUSINESS going after Martínez like that, and revered, respected elder statesman of the league or not, he should've been ejected.

Total Idiot Award, however, goes to Manny Ramirez. What a 'nad-less crybaby. He was so psyched out by the game and by Clements that he came totally unraveled by a pitch that was nowhere near him.

That was sort of emblematic of the Red Sox yesterday. They lost their composure and showed they weren't up to the pressure of The Game against The Rival, and in so doing they lost the advantage.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 11:36 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

mavskiki, I agree with your assessment of the martinez/zimmer situation.

i mean, he can't just run from zimmer...he can't allow zimmer to take a shot at him.
So, he threw him to the ground. It could have been worse. Pedro could have taken a shot at him or something. Pedro actually looked a bit rattled after that IMO. I don't think he WANTED to injure a senior citizen by any stretch of the imagination
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 10:01 AM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

pedro could have given him the ol' kermit washington... which could be a natural reaction if someone is running at you. i think pedro did what he should have. he diffused the situation by putting zimmer to the ground.

and i agree about ramirez. that pitch wasn't near him.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:09 AM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

- Pedro said that he never would punch Zimmer. That he didn't like what had happened but he should stop Zimmer and chose the least harmful manner. (sort of)

- That pitch of Clemens was close but not as close as several of Pedro, pitched in the same game.

Old 10-13-2003, 11:15 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

as a pitcher, you have to be willing to throw inside. sometimes it means that players get hit... but, so be it.

as for zimmer, he's forgiven IMO after his apology
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 11:37 AM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, you could tell his apology was genuine. i felt bad for the guy. he made a mistake... you could tell he was hurt by the rash decision he made.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:00 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

I watched again the pitch of Clemens. It wasn't even close to Manny. It was almost above the corner of the home plate.

Also I watched again the pitch of Pedro on Karim Garcia. It almost cut off his head.