Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-13-2003, 02:21 PM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dont Diss Campo

In the aftermath of the Dallas Cowboys' statement-game victory Sunday afternoon, venerable strong safety Darren Woodson was asked about his team's solid defense, the undersized unit that collectively flies all over the field in pursuit of its prey. It is a unit to which coach Bill Parcells, who has always preferred gargantuan defenders to gazelles, has adjusted nicely during the 4-1 start to the season. It is also a group, Woodson pointed out, that has benefited from a degree of continuity, since coordinator Mike Zimmer is one of the few holdover assistants from the Dave Campo era.

Link

FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2003, 03:33 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dont Diss Campo

Campo is a ncie guy but he sucked balls as a head coach. Being a players buddy is nice when you win 10+ games a year. It means squat when you suck.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 03:35 PM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dont Diss Campo

I agree. Campo sucked.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:41 PM   #4
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road
Default Dont Diss Campo

Hey FFL,

Good post. I have seen some comments directed at Dave Campo in the past, and probably have made a few myself. The comments that I have made are not to say that Campo doesn't belong in a management position for an NFL franchise. They basically are saying that when he had the head coaching position he didn't seem to raise the bar as far as his player's production like Bill has. Also, Campo didn't seem prepared for those unexpected plays at the end of the game that can determine a win or a loss Bill has proven that this isn't a problem.

I feel alittle sorry for Dave Campo, but he should have never accepted the head coaching position knowing these intagables were going to come with the territory.

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 06:31 PM   #5
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Dont Diss Campo

Campo is garbage, and I am glad he is out of here and Bill is in. 4-1 baby, on our way to 10-6(if not better, haha)
Old 10-13-2003, 06:46 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Dont Diss Campo

Was Camp every head coach? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I thought Jerry Jones was the head coach last year.