Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-14-2003, 10:26 AM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default The new ones

D-M acquired(!) this summer a very good group of new members.

mavsfanforever
Mandyahl
hero=dirk
Raefformvp
U2sarajevo
Xerxes
Psychedelic Fuzz
Fah Q
QCarFan
Caliente
mary
NajeraFan
Dead for sure
Erica

(Am I forgetting someone? I'll add him/her if I did)

They are good members, posters who have added wisdom, joy, experience, information, and many more good things to the site.

But, in my opinion, their main characteristics has been, their willingness to make frienships. Most of them, maybe all of them, are great persons.

I appreciate a lot that they have opted to join D-M.

Old 10-14-2003, 11:48 AM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default The new ones

Yes we had an excellent draft this year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2003, 12:07 PM   #3
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road
Default The new ones

Quote:
Yes we had an excellent draft this year.
There are a few that should go unsigned[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 12:27 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Default RE: The new ones

dallas_esq!

Also a good pick (and signed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]).

Old 10-14-2003, 03:52 PM   #5
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future
Default The new ones

Thanks Chiwas! I look forward to being a contributor this season. I am ready for basketball!!!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 03:56 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

Sure you will contrubute. And we are all ready, I think. Hope Raef too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. I'm kidding; I think he will play better, and the Mavs.

I didn't mention TVI. Good poster too from this spring-summer.

Old 10-14-2003, 03:56 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default The new ones

Am I the only newbie that sign has wondering who should go unsigned?

I hate those ambiguous posts.....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2003, 03:58 PM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default The new ones

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
I didn't mention TVI. Good poster too from this spring-summer.
Yeah, and thanks to TVI you guys all know what IP address, O/S, and Browser you are running.

[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2003, 06:22 PM   #9
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

You are not a new member U2, didn't you make like one of those best posters lists? You have been lauded all over this place, now everyone will come and rescue you, because that's what you want! Silly silly man. I am still willing to give you your props, out of sheer respect for your contributions and support. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

edited for a grammatical error [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2003, 06:46 PM   #10
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default The new ones

u2, you're the last person on there that needs to be taken off. Everyone enjoys your posts and no one has a problem with you.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 06:52 PM   #11
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

You left out a NP look alike Chiwas!
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 07:18 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

MavsFanatik33!

You are the (forgotten) man!

So-sorry.

But you're in now too.

And the new (and improved?) Dirk41conquesecojen!

Old 10-14-2003, 07:30 PM   #13
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default The new ones

Chiwas, thanks...but I don't deserve to be in that category.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:37 PM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well thanks dallas and MavsFanatik (we need a nickname for you), but I didn't think he was talking about me. I just wanted to coerce him into saying whom he was talking about.

It didn't work, however.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:22 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The new ones

Since you said "very good" you should remove one. Nevermind.....someone has to be the worst in every list. At least that won't be up for debate and we can praise the others.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:33 PM   #16
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default The new ones

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Since you said "very good" you should remove one. Nevermind.....someone has to be the worst in every list. At least that won't be up for debate and we can praise the others.
I 2nd that, I wonder if any of the newbies will rack up over 20500 posts in under 2 years? We shall see......
Old 10-14-2003, 11:35 PM   #17
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Don't think I deserve to be mentioned along with some of the other names there, but thanks nonetheless.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:39 PM   #18
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default The new ones

There has been a wave of very strong posters come to the site recently. It would be nice if they all chimed in and told everyone where they heard of d-m.com
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:46 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Default The new ones

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
Quote:
I 2nd that, I wonder if any of the newbies will rack up over 20500 posts in under 2 years? We shall see......
You seem to have a chubby for mentioning my post count. Freaky. Now...did your response actually address anything said in the quote you cited or was that just another out of the ass post for you?
Old 10-14-2003, 11:54 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The new ones

Quote:
D-M acquired(!) this summer a very good group of new members
actually, you could remove about 30-40% of them...

partially because some of them have been around a little longer than this summer and then because some of them don't need to be on a list where you're describing a group of "very good" members...and hell, some of them don't even post in the basketball sections.

but hey, welcome aboard
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:56 PM   #21
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default The new ones

Quote:
Quote:
You are posting at the same rate as doc. If you make it 2 years then you should have 20K too.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 12:00 AM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Default The new ones

Quote:
some of them don't even post in the basketball sections
So true.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 01:42 AM   #23
QCarFan
Golden Member

Default The new ones

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
Quote:
You are posting at the same rate as doc. If you make it 2 years then you should have 20K too.
Well, I wont be around much after the Cowboys season, which means the end of January since we are going to the Super Bowl and hopefully winning it. And I just can't keep up the same post total for 365 days a year, I really don't know how one person can honestly.

And Doc, didn't mean anything buy it my good man, take it easy!
Old 10-15-2003, 01:45 AM   #24
QCarFan
Golden Member

Default The new ones

Quote:
Quote:
some of them don't even post in the basketball sections
So true.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
You guys referring to anyone in particular?
Old 10-15-2003, 08:22 AM   #25
Drbio
Banned

Default The new ones

A lot of them......
Old 10-15-2003, 11:22 AM   #26
Chiwas
Guru

As you noticed it, I put all the new members who have kept posting, in a different thread.

In time we will know who can be considered good poster in the terms of Mavericks or basketball discussion.

Some of them are posting already in the Mavs section and very well some or many times.

Some of them not, but they could do it sooner or later.

Let's wait to know.

But, at this moment, they all are here, holded here (in D-M), and are good members-persons most or all of them.

Edit: "(in D-M)"

Old 10-15-2003, 02:14 PM   #27
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road
Default The new ones

Just stumbled back into this thread.

Yeah, U2, you'd be the only one who I wouldn't sign. You've got heart, just lacking the talent[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Honestly, it's too soon into training camp to cut anyone yet. After the regular season starts, we'll see who makes the cut.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 02:54 PM   #28
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default The new ones

As a lottery pick in this past Summer's draft - I'd like to say that I feel you all were very unfair when it came to negotiating my contract.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:42 PM   #29
Chiwas
Guru

steponhens!

Good poster in the Mavs section.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:29 PM   #30
Chiwas
Guru

Dirno2000! Another good one from the draft.