Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-15-2003, 10:53 AM   #1
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of
Default Posting is / is not

Some of this is rehash, but with the season coming, worth the discussion. Please add yours.
------------------------

First and Foremost, this site is a Dallas Mavericks discussion board. I dig the mavs and that is why I’m here. In fact, I never posted to the Lounge until this year and only then because I went crazy in the off-season. You can clutter up the Lounge all you want to. Please give General Mavs Discussion the honor that it deserves.

Posting is the expression of your thoughts on a subject in order to demonstrate your interest and knowledge and to increase the interest and knowledge of others.

Posting is an opportunity to learn. As such, take the time to read through a thread before posting to it. You will learn quite a bit, and will find out if what you have to say on the matter has been said. If it has been said, there’s no need to say it again. The world will continue to turn if you don’t post.

Posting is not voting. If 10 people think Raef sucks and 9 people think Raef does not suck, it does not by itself mean that Raef sucks. So a post that says “Raef sucks” adds nothing to a discussion about Raef. Add quality, not quantity.

Posting is not a race. There are people here with thousands upon thousands of posts. You don’t have to be one of them. You can’t hide ignorance behind a diamond member status. Your intelligence will come through with a single post.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2003, 11:43 AM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Just bumping this up for everyone to read [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 11:46 AM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

What a great post, jacktruth.

If only everyone would take this to heart.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:46 AM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Excellent post Jacktruth

This part bears repeating:

Quote:
Posting is not a race. There are people here with thousands upon thousands of posts. You don’t have to be one of them. You can’t hide ignorance behind a diamond member status. Your intelligence will come through with a single post.
I'm sure all the other Elite and Guru status members would agree as well. It would be nice if we could remove post counts all together. Maybe we could celebrate anniversaries on the board instead. But even then a newbie could post just as good posts if not better than someone who had been here several years.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:50 AM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Posting is / is not

jacktruth:

You should be our next D-M moderator.

Enough to say about your post-thread.

Old 10-15-2003, 12:15 PM   #6
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

why not make this sticky on every section of the forum?
Old 10-16-2003, 08:59 AM   #7
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Bump

Take heed my young grasshoppahs.