Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-21-2003, 11:49 AM   #1
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all
Default Utah vs. Dallas Game Thread....

I know it's early, and I don't normally start these things, but I did want to get my whopping 300th post in somehow!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . I was also kind of getting tired of the over-analysis of the trade. I'm ready to see some (hear in this case) game action. Oct. 28th can't come fast enough! With the ongoing roster shake-up, tonight's game is going to be an afterthought, possibly even to the players.

Since Walker and Delk won't be available to play, there will be a tighter rotation going on tonight. Personally I would rather Dirk not play the remainder of the pre-season. Let him heal up well for the Lakers game next week. I would like to see a starting line-up of Finley, Nash, Jamison and Fortson and Najera. Mavs should be able to handle this game a little easier than the first game against Utah...Also, I hope to see significant minutes from Howard and Daniels. I could care less if TAW & Jon hit the pine for the whole game.

Old 10-21-2003, 11:55 AM   #2
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Utah vs. Dallas Game Thread....

Personally, I'd rather see Dirk play some, even if only 15 minutes or so.I think it's close enough to the regular season that these guys need to be getting the rust off and playing together. I hope fin gets a lot of minutes, and a lot of touches.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:06 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

If there is any decent chance that Dirk could do damage to his ankle by playing on it, I want him to sit. But if it looks like he won't damage it further, I'd rather see him play a little so the new team members can start getting used to playing with each other in game situations. I don't want him playing big minutes though.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:38 PM   #4
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Dirk needs to play, unless the ankle isn't great, we need to get ready for the 28th!
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 04:19 PM   #5
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Utah vs. Dallas Game Thread....

The Ticket just said Antoine Walker is playing in TONIGHTS game! Weird, but cool.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 04:31 PM   #6
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Anyone know if the game will be televised?

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:00 PM   #7
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Anyone know if the Diggler is playing?
Old 10-21-2003, 06:13 PM   #8
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
The Ticket just said Antoine Walker is playing in TONIGHTS game! Weird, but cool.
Nice, I got tickets for tonight so I'll be one of the first fans to see Antoine in action with The Mavs.

MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:17 PM   #9
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
Nice, I got tickets for tonight so I'll be one of the first fans to see Antoine in action with The Mavs.
There is some confusion here... The TRicket said he was playing... then a few minutes later during the live press conference(I think it was live) Nellie said the physicals had to go through. So I don't know what all that means.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
Old 10-21-2003, 06:21 PM   #10
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

i heard the ticket say he was playing, but it was during a texas ticket spot so I don't know how much credance I would put in that. I doubt they play tonight, but with the season just around the corner.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:30 PM   #11
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Well, i hope we can see some minutes from him, that'd be nice
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:34 PM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Why should there be physicals needed when both Walker and Delk have already played in the preseason?

I wish all players are able to play tonight. If not tonight, then the last two preseason games.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:36 PM   #13
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Physicals apply with every trade in case there is an injury or medical predisposition that has not been disclosed.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:38 PM   #14
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

n

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-15-2007 at 12:09 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:14 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Why should there be physicals needed when both Walker and Delk have already played in the preseason?

I wish all players are able to play tonight. If not tonight, then the last two preseason games.
I thought tonight WAS one of the last two preseason games...
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:17 PM   #16
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:

I thought tonight WAS one of the last two preseason games...
Nope, 2 more after tonight I think.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:19 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

is the game going off in a few minutes or in an hour and fifteen? I still havent figured out the time zones here.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:23 PM   #18
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Utah tonight, Sac tomorrow, then that's it for the preseason. Nothing but practice time till the opener on the 28th.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:24 PM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Utah tonight, Sac tomorrow, then that's it for the preseason. Nothing but practice time till the opener on the 28th.
thats what I thought...back to back games and then like a week or six days off for practice
Old 10-21-2003, 07:31 PM   #20
Big_Dog

Big_Dog will become famous soon enough

There won´t be a lot of guys in the rotation tonight? I mean delk 'n 'toine won´t play, powell´s gone, bradley won´t play much but I don´t know about dirk... I think he should just lay back and rest his ankle
Old 10-21-2003, 07:34 PM   #21
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I thought there were 8 games in the preseason for each team. If it is, than this is the 6th game. But whatever.

Erica, 8:30 for us Carolina folks.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 10-21-2003, 07:39 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Have I ever told you that I hate you fanatik? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2003, 07:40 PM   #23
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I thought there were 8 games in the preseason for each team. If it is, than this is the 6th game. But whatever.

only 7 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Im out West right now on the West coast....

Old 10-21-2003, 07:44 PM   #24
Nash13
Diamond Member

I could have sworn the Mavs went 5-3(total of 8) in last year's preseason. I guess they must have switched it.

Erica, 5:30 for people in the West.

~The Salesman
Old 10-21-2003, 07:45 PM   #25
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie's bringing Jamison off the bench to get him used to the role.

Did someone say sixth man of the year?
Old 10-21-2003, 07:46 PM   #26
Big_Dog

Is the game in an hour or has it already started... i´m in europe and I don´t know the timediffrence...
Old 10-21-2003, 07:46 PM   #27
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Old 10-21-2003, 07:51 PM   #28
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big_Dog
Is the game in an hour or has it already started... i´m in europe and I don´t know the timediffrence...
It's started. 10-6 Utah
Old 10-21-2003, 07:51 PM   #29
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:

only 7 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Im out West right now on the West coast....
Welcome to the left coast, Erica. They always show the wrong teams on TV, but the weather's great.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:54 PM   #30
Big_Dog

oooh... Dirk is off to a good start tonight, 7 pts
Old 10-21-2003, 07:54 PM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Howard takes 45 seconds to get a block. Amazing.

Nowitzki is on fire. 3-3 including a three and a dunk
Old 10-21-2003, 07:54 PM   #32
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Fortson has missed two layups.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:55 PM   #33
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk showing the new guy's just who's team this is!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:55 PM   #34
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Stevenson is killing us!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:55 PM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

again Nash has 3 assists of the first 4 FGs
Old 10-21-2003, 07:57 PM   #36
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I've been gone most the day and there is about 20 new threads. No way I can catch up with all that.

Can someone tell me why Walker and Delk are not available for tonight?
Old 10-21-2003, 07:58 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I've been gone most the day and there is about 20 new threads. No way I can catch up with all that.

Can someone tell me why Walker and Delk are not available for tonight?
I heard they were, but I dont know. I thought Walker was going to start, but I guess not.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:00 PM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Fin has 2 threes already. Don't tell me he is going to be the sharpshooter?!?!?
Old 10-21-2003, 08:01 PM   #39
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Fort's got only one foul!!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:01 PM   #40
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Here comes Tawn1!