Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-26-2003, 04:46 PM   #1
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough
Default 'Tawn!!!

"I've accomplished being the starter, being the main guy on the team. My whole mind frame is we got to win. I'm talking about doing whatever it takes to have an opportunity to put a ring on my finger. If that means me coming off the bench and giving the team a spark ... I'm willing to do that."
-- F Antawn Jamison, in the Oct. 21 Dallas Morning News, on his willingness to become a backup in light of the acquisition of F Antoine Walker from the Celtics

Have I mentioned I love this guy?
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default RE:'Tawn!!!

He makes the team better with just his attitude.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:25 PM   #3
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

Agreed. Tawn is awesome. He'll be a huge lift to the Mavs and could easily overtake Bojax as 6th man of the year.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 07:38 PM   #4
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I'm not sure about this if I was Jamison. It wouldn't sit well with me if I was the man in Golden State and then come off the bench in Dallas. Jamison is close to the prime of his career and he'll be coming off the bench?? As a player, this sucks. I'm glad Jamison accepts it gladly and he says that he's accomplished himself as a starter and all that. As long as he still plays the same amount of minutes in GS, I guess its ok with him. I think Nellie is just disrespecting Jamison here. I know the attitude is great but would a guy wanting to win want to come off the bench? Every player wants in the game. No true player with a competitive attitude would let himself be sat down. Just my opinion. I'm probably pissed too that the Cowboys lost.

I guess I wouldn't be as accepting as Jamison. It would take a lot for Nellie to convince me to come off the bench. I would say, "Hey, I scored 20 pts and 8 rbs last year. Why wouldn't you want me in the start of games. Don't you want me in the game as much as possible?"
Old 10-26-2003, 08:39 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

We all know that Nellie is going to play AJ starter minutes, and that he will be in there in crunch time. AJ knows it too. That's why it will work out, end of story.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:44 PM   #6
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 'Tawn!!!

He's not going to be on the floor at the start of games, but will definitely be on the floor at the end, just like NVE. He'll get big minutes, and now he could easily be the sixth man of the year.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 09:47 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

is there any doubt that this guy will be the new fan fav(could he rival Eddie's popularity?)...??? He is an absolutley fabulous dude! The More you know...the more you love him!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 10:09 PM   #8
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Yeah probably Simon. Starters don't really matter that much its the guys that finish the game that count. And Jamison will finish the game. Great teams sacrafice for the good of the team and that is precisely what Antwan Jamison is doing.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 10:17 PM   #9
harsh euro barge

harsh euro barge will become famous soon enoughharsh euro barge will become famous soon enough

Antawn Jamison......so hot right now

Didn't know tons about the guy before, but he seems like a super awesome guy; I hope he does well in Dallas
harsh euro barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:02 AM   #10
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

McHale was a 6th man for awhile for the Celtics. Its not who starts, its who finishes.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:58 AM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Antawn's focus is on wining a championship. Some Kooky old fart named Dean Smith taught him that bad habit. While an NC Jamison was part of a starting 6. Each of the 6 took turns coming off the bench every 6 games. This was despite the fact that Jamison was a unanimous player of the year. This guy wants to win and is willing to do whatever it takes to give his team a better chance to do it.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:02 AM   #12
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

It definitely took a lot of class to agree to come off the bench, but it seems that's just the kind of guy he is. This man is even buying tickets to games for military personel. I love this guy. Certainly hope he's around for a long time.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 12:58 PM   #13
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Antawn's focus is on wining a championship. Some Kooky old fart named Dean Smith taught him that bad habit. While an NC Jamison was part of a starting 6. Each of the 6 took turns coming off the bench every 6 games. This was despite the fact that Jamison was a unanimous player of the year. This guy wants to win and is willing to do whatever it takes to give his team a better chance to do it.

Very true. His NC roots are really shining through.

There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote